U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:03 PM

22,694 posts, read 16,171,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Conservatives don't *want* to understand this distinction.

When a private company wants to discriminate against [insert non-favored demographic], conservatives are the first to claim that private companies should be able to do whatever they want.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 12:04 PM

8,231 posts, read 2,171,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yes, religion and this idea that America was once a Christian nation and we need laws to return us to being "One Nation Under God" where everyone knows their place and plays their part is the driving force behind the conservative worldview today. Everything else goes back to that.
Doubling down on the ignorance backed with hyperbole again... I'll give you an A for consistency.

Yes. Because Every Christian denomination will fire up the crusades again and pull a tyrannical stunt of putting others in their place...

Psst. There's an amendment that addresses that concern...
But go on and join others to topple it and render yourself defenseless should such tyranny exist.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:06 PM

5,315 posts, read 1,978,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Jones could see the writing on the wall a long time ago. He easily could have networked with others to bring forth a social media platform to rival youtube but didn't.

In this case, he is no different than the gays seeking a wedding cake.

So if we are to not be hypocrites, we will encourage Jones to learn from this and bring forth a counter to youtube. Just like the gays could find a gay owned bakery for their wedding cake rather than suing the bakery for discrimination yes?

He got kicked out for youtube playing fast and loose and selectively applying their terms of services as they see fit.
Same way Facebook will remove photos of firearms if they are not captioned as Not For Sale.
3 local ranges and 2 local stores Facebook pages were deleted.

Why? Violates terms of services for advertising the sale and purchase of firearms.
Yet... the page is still up, "Assault rifle Buy Back" which advertises they will engage in the business of buying firearms. They're not banned. Their terms of services were revised twice now pertaining to firearms and firearm related content and the 2nd revision made directly applies to the "Assault Rifle Buy Back" for advertising being in the business of buying or selling firearms.

No matter how many people nor how many times that page has been reported for violating terms of services for advertising engaging in the purchase of firearms, that page still exists.
So yes, they will bend the rules as they see fit and there's nothing we can do about it except form our own social media platform to rival facebook.
Jones should get to it. Buy the servers. Hire the coders. Bring forth his own media hosting entity. Problem solved until Uncle Sam decides to intervene.

Libs do not get to claim especially those at youtube or Facebook that they're for free speech nor are tolerant and accepting to all. That's all.
Very respectfully, I tried to respond to this but sort of got lost as to what your position is. It's okay. You don't ave to fix it. It happens, and maybe its me. But in case why you were wondering why I didn't respond.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:08 PM

14,106 posts, read 6,052,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It is perfectly fine for private companies to censor content based on blatantly partisan criterian. However, under FTC regulations, they have to publish their terms of use and then conform to those standards consistently.

So, all Twitter, Youtube, Google and Facebook have to do is openly publish their intent to cater to leftist perpectives, and to oppose rightest perspectives, or whatever. But so far, they have not done that and continue to present themselves as unbiased, non-partisan and even-handed. LOL.
Not only that, but they act as new media and they’re the only platforms for this new media. If a baker refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, well, there are literally thousands of other bakers to go to. But if they were the only baker in the entire world, it would be a completely different story, wouldn’t it?

Old 08-07-2018, 12:14 PM

34,583 posts, read 33,570,813 times
Why do people on Facebook and Twitter, for example, take it? You guys are just like wives who are abused by their husbands. No matter how much they hit and/or kick you, you don't leave them. You're pitiful.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:18 PM

12,612 posts, read 8,735,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Youtube says they won't host certain content.

See it in their terms of service and community guidelines

https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/pol...ity-guidelines

Hateful content, scams threats, ... nope.

Go nothing to do with government censorship. Why conservatives don't grasp this is anybody's guess.

However, I have a pretty good guess as to why Trump aficionados want to shut down the free press.
Absolutely NOT! Conservatives LOVE it when liberals open their pie holes with Their mind boggling stupidity and rank ignorance. I remember an old addage from WW2, that i updated

When they came for Milo Yianopolous-I said nothing
When they came for Michael Savage--I said nothing
When they came for Alex Jones--I said nothing

When they come for me-there will be no one to speak for me

Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 PM

10,146 posts, read 2,588,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That's a good question. Conservatives want religious institutions to decide whether or not movies and other forms of entertainment are appropriate. Yet, somehow they claim they are for small government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qdBIMpSGE
Its not just conservatives either, Ive never heard any of my liberal friends complaining or being outraged at the FCC for censoring network TV, radio, etc.

Not to mention, the Govt is not a religious institution, so really they should not be using religious morality to factor into their determination on whether content is appropriate or not...Im surprised someone has not called the FCC out on this yet.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:27 PM

979 posts, read 352,031 times
I also think that liberals are being a bit hypocritical here by not criticizing YouTube, etc. more for this decision. Yes, they are private businesses and can choose who they want to do business with. However, wasn't that baker in the recently decided SCOTUS case also a private business? Shouldn't he have had the right to decide that he didn't want to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding? Why can't liberals grasp that his business was a private business and that he had the right to refuse to do business with a homosexual individual who wanted him to bake a cake for his wedding? YouTube is in the business of allowing users to post content and selling ads. This baker was in the business of baking cakes. If YouTube can pick and choose which individuals it doesn't want as customers, why can't a baker do the same?

Old 08-07-2018, 12:28 PM

8,231 posts, read 2,171,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Very respectfully, I tried to respond to this but sort of got lost as to what your position is. It's okay. You don't ave to fix it. It happens, and maybe its me. But in case why you were wondering why I didn't respond.
3 positions.

My position is Jones can be a martyr for now, but if he was to really one up youtube he would develop his own media hosting site to compete against youtube.

My other position is liberals no longer can claim they are for free speech nor tolerant and accepting to all.

My other position is the companies are selectively enforcing their terms of services when it doesn't tow their ideology.

Which is all fine by me. All it requires is the blow back of conservative ran social media sites that do the same as liberal social media sites. Broadcast conservative view points. And regulate and ban liberal content as they see fit.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:34 PM
Status: "Did I just roll my eyes out loud?" (set 3 days ago)

7,305 posts, read 4,402,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrat Logic.
  • OK if Private companies censor Republicans.
  • Not OK if Private companies censor leftist knee bending NFL Players.
Their derangement and double standards are constantly on display.
Republican Logic:

"I'm not going to watch the NFL because of what maybe two dozen players choose to do during a two minute song before the game.

SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or