Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've completely avoided the "ignore" feature intentionally but....... you make a good point.
But if you ignore other people’s opinions, you can’t engage them. Surrounding oneself in a bubble of people who just think the same way you do isn’t going to change anything, though it might make for a more pleasant existence.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:17 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Accusing Obama or Trump of everything is one thing. What you guys were doing - and continue to do - is routinely attack those who refuse to be harassed into submission by you as racists, bigots, Russian operatives, etc. That is pretty much the entire Republican right that we are talking about here, not just Trump.

Also, at least 60% of it was not racist in origin. It was in fact the racist Democrat left trying to smear people as being racist because they did not agree with Obama specifically, and then later because they refused to conform to the Democrat left's incredibly vile and anti-social "Political correctness" thought and speech codes. You people are positively obsessed with race, and it is people on your side that are clearly the most numerous and passionate racists in this country.

You guys continue with these tactics to this day, including the central inference of this thread, which is that conservative leaning posters are very likely to be 'Russian bots'.
It’s been proven that there are people from another country who cleverly decided to use our own social media against us. CD is a heavily frequented site. I have like 9 million views or something.

If someone claims you are a Russian bot, just speak up without name calling “libs” or whatever and explain your opinion and the reasons for having that opinion. We’ve all got history, so share it.

Saying “ you people” is trying to put folks in an easily classifiable box.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:45 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This is what bugs me to no end. A country that has evolved to the extent the U.S. has, now reduced to significant portions of it's populace resorting to calling each other names for no other reason than their political party affiliation.

That would have been considered childish and irrelevant just a scant decade or two ago after perhaps two or more centuries of respect for each others political beliefs based upon the country continuing to grow and prosper under the leadership of BOTH of them.

I cannot get my head around how quickly it has become the norm for some to not only respectfully disagree or criticize, but to just resort to the liberals, lefties, progressives are this... the conservative, pub's, regressives are that nonsense that would have gotten you nothing but side-eye scorn had you been in any high school debate.

It's become the norm in every thread now, regardless of points being made, if they're even tertiarily discerned as being remotely affiliated with a political bent through their topic of concern, the whole enchilada of bile gets thrown at them automatically.

Quote:
And you've forgotten about the accusations of Obama being a shill for the religion of Islam perhaps. How he wasn't even an American by birth. How he wouldn't even live to be inaugurated because your side was just so morally outraged at this black man assuming to sit where he's not wanted?

Give us all a freak'n break with that one sided bullcrap. at least 60% of the anti-Obama staff was completely and undeniably RACIST in origin. Only liars would propose otherwise.

Convenient memory loss exists on both sides of the aisle

O Canada, at least your posts are entertaining in the blatant hypocrisy.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
O Canada, at least your posts are entertaining in the blatant hypocrisy.
Are you saying that BruSan may be a Canadian bot?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
But if you ignore other people’s opinions, you can’t engage them. Surrounding oneself in a bubble of people who just think the same way you do isn’t going to change anything, though it might make for a more pleasant existence.
Trying to have a rational discussion with someone who is not "rational" is akin to cutting your nose off to spite your face---
I added two names to my ignore list based on posts on this thread
Some on the right are able to make a cogent argument so they are available to "engage"

Old 08-08-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have been on here since 2008 and have noticed a big uptake in new people, always conservative, right before elections and then right afterward they disappear. I have no doubt in my mind that these people are paid posters since you never see them in any other forum section.
I think they are hanging around longer now..

Old 08-08-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier

Thank you. I am not a subscriber and couldn't post this proof.
Actually that is not really all the proof related to the Steele dossier
Since it was begun by a GOP source who went to Steele wanting dirt on Trump

And Steele wasn't paid to turn it over to the FBI

Old 08-08-2018, 12:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Accusing Obama or Trump of everything is one thing. What you guys were doing - and continue to do - is routinely attack those who refuse to be harassed into submission by you as racists, bigots, Russian operatives, etc. That is pretty much the entire Republican right that we are talking about here, not just Trump.

Also, at least 60% of it was not racist in origin. It was in fact the racist Democrat left trying to smear people as being racist because they did not agree with Obama specifically, and then later because they refused to conform to the Democrat left's incredibly vile and anti-social "Political correctness" thought and speech codes. You people are positively obsessed with race, and it is people on your side that are clearly the most numerous and passionate racists in this country.

You guys continue with these tactics to this day, including the central inference of this thread, which is that conservative leaning posters are very likely to be 'Russian bots'.

So I will ask again. How did people on the right engage in these tactics towards the left during the Obama years? Answer: They didn't.

What a bunch of relentless, unconscionable liars leftists are.
You guys? I disagree of course. Both sides are guilty of all of what you suggest is only emanating from one side.

Vile political correctness code is an oxymoron. You cannot be fostering vile, anti-social, racist tnets if you are "politically correct" it's a contradiction in terms.

Repugnance at racism and all attempts to spotlight it should be encouraged, not vilified as some mere political viewpoint occasioned to stifle discussion by others, but there firstly needs to be general acceptance that it exists. At least 60% do not.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:19 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
Quote:
You guys? I disagree of course. Both sides are guilty of all of what you suggest is only emanating from one side.

Vile political correctness code is an oxymoron. You cannot be fostering vile, anti-social, racist tnets if you are "politically correct" it's a contradiction in terms.

Repugnance at racism and all attempts to spotlight it should be encouraged, not vilified as some mere political viewpoint occasioned to stifle discussion by others, but there firstly needs to be general acceptance that it exists. At least 60% do not.
Is trump himself a racist? Going at least back to 1973? Let's see...

https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 08-08-2018, 12:27 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

agreed, and there lies the dilemma.

i read once that "the point of debate in not to win but to learn". i think i'll go in the direction with a better chance for learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies