Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:33 PM

2,448 posts, read 891,836 times

Advertisements

I would imagine most gays are horrified by those rallies and want nothing to do with them. Few things are clearer than the fact that they reinforce the worst stereotypes of gays and are meant to provoke people.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:56 AM

37,120 posts, read 42,174,654 times
Maybe, just maybe, a large percentage of the populace there doesn't want a Pride celebration and is voicing their disapproval.
What's the goal of this Pride celebration and does it benefit the community? There are questions that need to be asked.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:17 AM

17,760 posts, read 13,646,897 times
Here is the lint to the rally and to the LGBTQ group sponsoring the rally as well as the corporate and commercial sponsors of the rally.

https://www.tripridetn.org/

So from this link the fine upstanding people of the tri cities of east Tennessee can learn where not to work, where not to shop. And if you actually go to the rally you can see who to avoid at that company picnic that you THOUGHT was for company morale...………... but instead is a hunting grounds for LGBTQ perverts.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 AM

17,001 posts, read 12,576,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Seriously? This is not the place to preach. Gawd.
His point is judgement from God covers *all*sin. Hint. Cheating on your wife is sin. Cheating customers is sin... etc.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:06 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,839,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The "Leftist" ACLU was the primary defender of the Westboro Baptist Church.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speec...-matter-us-all
My comment is about the fact that if a conservative (including the kid in the restaurant wearing a MAGA hat) wears clothing, carry signs that a leftist hates, the leftist attacks them physically accusing the conservative of provoking, yet they support the gay parade which is flaunting gayness and condemn Christians who speak out against it.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:27 AM

19,770 posts, read 9,314,494 times
I am an old-fashioned senior, and as I have said in numerous posts, I have nothing against the LGBT community, but I personally find some of the Gay Pride parade antics a bit revolting, and especially so when very young children are brought to view these parades.

However, the main reason I am looking forward to the time when Gay Pride parades are a thing of the past is because that will mean, I hope, that non-heterosexual people (and almost* all kinds of people) will just be ACCEPTED by everyone to the point that they will feel no need to flaunt their gay pride as flamboyantly as possible. I mean, how many women's rights marches still take place -- unless some political leader or major celebrity does something that makes these kinds of marches relevant again, that is?

*When I say that I believe that (almost) all people should be accepted, I do exclude people like pedophiles and those who take their pleasure from harming others.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-09-2018 at 07:37 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 06:54 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,724,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Christian here who, yes leans left, there are a few of us.
I don’t get the issue conservative Christians have with LGBT people.

First, we live in the US. We talk about freedoms all the time and Christians don’t want their freedoms taken away. But they have problems with LGBT freedoms (ie gay marriage)? Again, we live in the US and eliminating freedoms for people that are not like you is discrimination. Or would you rather become more like Syria? We know what some Middle East countries do to these people.

Two, Jesus does not mention LGBT issues at all. Paul does in the NT but Jesus, our savior does not. Let’s leave it to the LGBT people to figure this out with Jesus. In the mean time we should “love all” as Jesus commanded.

So fellow Christians, why don’t we do this: the day you or I stop sinning is the day we can lecture the LGBT community. In the meantime, let’s focus on our sins, stop calling others out and enjoy living where freedom is. Sound good?
Well Jesus didn't mention incest either so I guess that's ok too using your rational! Nothing wrong with that as long as two people love each other, right?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:18 AM

15,858 posts, read 21,418,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I would imagine most gays are horrified by those rallies and want nothing to do with them. Few things are clearer than the fact that they reinforce the worst stereotypes of gays and are meant to provoke people.
Sounds like you've never been to Pride.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:35 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,799,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
My comment is about the fact that if a conservative (including the kid in the restaurant wearing a MAGA hat) wears clothing, carry signs that a leftist hates, the leftist attacks them physically accusing the conservative of provoking, yet they support the gay parade which is flaunting gayness and condemn Christians who speak out against it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Sounds like you've never been to Pride.
Most pride parades are much tamer than the images you see on Fox News. Typically what is shown is the most shocking stuff because that's what sends evangelicals into an outrage. Granted I live in the most conservative, Trump supporting part of the US but the pride festival in my area this year didn't really have anything too explicit at all. Meanwhile, there were Trump-supporting protesters wearing MAGA hats and shaking Bibles screaming at everyone walking by to "Get AIDS and die f*ggot" and "God hates you" and "You deserve to be stoned" and stuff like that. The police were there protecting them. You people aren't being discriminated against when you can have the cops protecting you while you scream the most hateful, vile things at gay people at pride.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:13 AM

9,463 posts, read 10,788,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Kingsport,Tn I am assuming? That's where Eastman is I think....not the kind of place you find a lot of LGBT....whatever their company,they can lose money from customers if they want.
I agree with this. It’s no secret that Tennessee is a conservative religious state. Those organizing this event got the blowback they were looking for. It will be about as popular as a Trump rally in San Francisco.

On a side note there was a big gay rally in downtown Knoxville earlier this year and most people ignored it. I bet the same thing will happen with this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies