U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:41 PM
 
Location: So Cal
40,470 posts, read 39,987,496 times
Reputation: 41923

Advertisements

I couldn't give a rip less about her gender. She's an idiot, she's the Palin of the dems.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,276,109 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting editorial piece.

I don't think she blamed seixism but said it was similar.

So when a guy in the street cat calls a woman and she rejects his advance or ignores him -- often he will hurl an insult -- demeaning her for shunning his advances.

Shapiro called for a debate -- a social media celebrity called for a debate...when she ignored his call for a debate, he then started hurling insults that she was dodging him.

She was ignoring him.

He's not a candidate -- candidates don't usually debate social media stars.

Her cat calling analogy was over the top -- but it wasn't blaming sexism it was comparing it to sexism.
No, this is what she said (via twitter):


Quote:
Just like catcalling, I donít owe a response to unsolicited requests from men with bad intentions.

And also like catcalling, for some reason they feel entitled to one.

There's no way to spin that other than she was blaming sexism, or perhaps even more accurately, sexual harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:43 PM
 
34,302 posts, read 18,581,780 times
Reputation: 7583
Hey, she knows what she is talking about ...




200 million people who have jobs make less that 20k a year in the United States.......she is at the top of the dems educated list.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:46 PM
 
32,470 posts, read 26,339,737 times
Reputation: 19111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/...-her-lies-now/




Are all Democratic women like this? Just blaming their gender on any criticisms

yes they are. hillary as much as said so. the democrats are playing identity politics and ignoring the ones that might actually vote for them if they had a message. it has gotten to the point were democrats have no message, and are saying vote for me because i am black/hispanic/asian/a woman/gay/ transsexual/etc. and then they will tell you if you dont vote for them, then you are the one with the problem of being racist/sexist/homophobic/and what ever else they can think of.


this is what happens when you real message wont be accepted by the voters, you have to resort to things like personal attacks and smear campaigns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Florida
22,313 posts, read 9,481,496 times
Reputation: 18211
So a vivacious, attractive, energetic and very progressive young woman wins an upset in only a Democratic primary, and the right seems to be freaking out. She hasn't even won a seat yet.

The smell of fear is in the air.

Odd that they did not go after Conor Lamb when he scored a huge upset against a republican in PA.

Oh, it's because of her socialist agenda you say? And yet Bernie Sanders wasn't attacked by the right as viciously as she has been. Nor was Bernie attacked as much as Hillary, who is not a socialist. Odd.

Nah--misogyny doesn't exist in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:59 PM
 
Location: USA
17,786 posts, read 8,877,523 times
Reputation: 13317
She is the lightest of the light weight Democrat stooges. The fact that she is a woman is meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 03:59 PM
 
24,027 posts, read 11,935,291 times
Reputation: 10212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/...-her-lies-now/




Are all Democratic women like this? Just blaming their gender on any criticisms
She pulls that crap because she canít defend her platform. So she screeches sexism to avoid embarrassing herself with her obvious lack of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 04:00 PM
 
24,027 posts, read 11,935,291 times
Reputation: 10212
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh yes. One female Democrat represents ALL female Democrats, just like Rudy Giuliani represents all male Republicans.

As usual, the level of rational thinking around here is about zero.
But this is the darling of the Democrats and their saviour. Only a fool would rest their hopes on an idiot like this stupid cow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 04:00 PM
 
Location: USA
17,786 posts, read 8,877,523 times
Reputation: 13317
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She pulls that crap because she canít defend her platform. So she screeches sexism to avoid embarrassing herself with her obvious lack of knowledge.
Yes. Same as Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 PM
 
39,271 posts, read 20,365,893 times
Reputation: 12754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So a vivacious, attractive, energetic and very progressive young woman wins an upset in only a Democratic primary, and the right seems to be freaking out. She hasn't even won a seat yet.

The smell of fear is in the air.

Odd that they did not go after Conor Lamb when he scored a huge upset against a republican in PA.

Oh, it's because of her socialist agenda you say? And yet Bernie Sanders wasn't attacked by the right as viciously as she has been. Nor was Bernie attacked as much as Hillary, who is not a socialist. Odd.

Nah--misogyny doesn't exist in this country.
Enigma777 they are laughing, not freaking. Did you take the time to really listen to some of the things she says?

Uh, Conor Lamb is a moderate Democrat, big difference between him and a socialist. And Bernie Sanders ran against Hillary and anyone with common sense knew the fix was in for Hillary. Bernie caved, as we knew he would, he is by no means a revolutionary as he claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top