U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 04:14 PM

3,397 posts, read 3,008,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She's afraid to debate him? And this is someone people support to be in congress?
This is it exactly. People will actually support a candidate that can't even stand against someone like Shapiro in a debate on policy. Democrats expect to win based on their emotional response to controversies, and their willingness to go against the existing laws of this country to protect all those "unfortunates" who can't defend themselves. When it comes to actually discussing policy and offering real solutions for problems or defending their stance on policy, most simply can't cut it. So they do exactly what Ms. Cortez has done. They pull one of their secret cards, be it racism, sexism, etc. and try to use that to deflect from the real reason they won't face an opponent and debate the issues. And that reason is they can't defend their views in a cognizant and realistic fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 04:14 PM

22,389 posts, read 9,516,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have already posted several times on CD that I hope she wins. That district is midnight blue and is bound to have one Democrat or another. Given that, I will opt for whomever is least effective, and in this case that is AOC. She's not ready for prime time.

It's not the 'smell of fear.' More like the smell of incredulity.
Trump made many many wrong and false statements during his campaign. He knew nothing about the constitution, the law, history, civics and his statistics were way off the mark, as he got so much of his info from fake news sites and twitter.

Were you incredulous that he was a candidate?

Old 08-11-2018, 04:17 PM

39,336 posts, read 20,417,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This is it exactly. People will actually support a candidate that can't even stand against someone like Shapiro in a debate on policy. Democrats expect to win based on their emotional response to controversies, and their willingness to go against the existing laws of this country to protect all those "unfortunates" who can't defend themselves. When it comes to actually discussing policy and offering real solutions for problems or defending their stance on policy, most simply can't cut it. So they do exactly what Ms. Cortez has done. They pull one of their secret cards, be it racism, sexism, etc. and try to use that to deflect from the real reason they won't face an opponent and debate the issues. And that reason is they can't defend their views in a cognizant and realistic fashion.
Yep, if you can't debate intelligently then pull the race, gender or victim card. All of which is meant to stoke the emotion of hate.

People need to understand that making important decisions when in an emotional state of mind is the worst time to make decisions but sadly, people don't understand it, they live their lives and make choices based on emotion which most times turns out badly for them. The left knows this and plays on it, stoking hate and jealousy and people buy into it.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:18 PM

30,174 posts, read 16,665,894 times
Quote:
Ringo, here is the difference between the left and the right. The left hates anyone who don't agree with them, the right supports or doesn't support. Hate is a soul sucking emotion that isn't worth wasting your life on. Life's too short to hate.

I'm a suburban woman and I still can not support democrat, liberal, progressive policies. Oh I forgot, and the constant Trump hate you espouse on a daily bases.
HA HA HA! Once again - you prove the fact that conservatives tend to see in others traits they possess themselves.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
HA HA HA! Once again - you prove the fact that conservatives tend to see in others traits they possess themselves.
Wrong, I didn't like Obama's policies but I didn't hate the man. Pelosi and Waters are out of the loop with the American people but I laugh at them, but don't have room in my life to hate.

It's your turn... go ahead and pull the race or sexist card.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:24 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,927,423 times
Ocasio-Cortez is as dumb as Don Lemon.

She thinks universal Medicare will pay for funerals. He thinks Senate seats can be gerrymandered.

This is the alternative to Trump? God help us all.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:25 PM

30,174 posts, read 16,665,894 times
Quote:
Wrong, I didn't like Obama's policies but I didn't hate the man. Pelosi and Waters are out of the loop with the American people but I laugh at them, but don't have room in my life to hate.

It's your turn... go ahead and pull the race or sexist card.
My dear, that may be the case.

But you certainly do not represent all conservatives and not even a majority of the ones on CD.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:27 PM

45,507 posts, read 18,042,589 times
This Westchester princess turned faux Bronx homegirl is obviously taking lesson from the Hillary Clinton School of Politics. i.e Blame failure on someone or something else.

Her big problem? She's not as smart nor does she have Bill Clinton's coattails to ride on.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
My dear, that may be the case.

But you certainly do not represent all conservatives and not even a majority of the ones on CD.
My Dear, all you are trying to do is project the left's constant hate onto the right. And how many times have Trump supporters been called Nazi's, fascist, deplorable's, all put into one basket. And I don't see the destruction of property and harassment we see the left doing coming from the right. We just spoke with our vote and the left is damn mad we didn't fall in line and vote for Hillary.

Are there moderates on both sides of course but Democrats constantly try to put all Trump supporters into an extremist basket and now you're trying to project the constant hate and vitriol of the left onto the right. It's not working.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:34 PM

9,764 posts, read 3,177,530 times
So Democrats are making their sexism clear. They do indeed think female politicians should be exempt from criticism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies