Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He’s a POS.

Why? I am genuinely interested in why you think that he is a POS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 12:56 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He’s a POS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Same here...is he a POS because you disagree with his point of view(s)?

Old 08-10-2018, 12:59 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Because he makes fun of the war that killed a million of my people, he excuses Reagan's death squads in central America, and attacks anyone who criticizes the slaughter in Yemen. The man is a state propagandist.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:00 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Same here...is he a POS because you disagree with his point of view(s)?

Unfortunately, what many libs fail to realize is that they are so incredibly intolerant of any view other than their own. Particularly if the other POV is steeped in fact.

The other thing they don't realize is that more mentally stable people are turning away from the direction of the Dem party because of the intolerance. Funny how Libs throw around the term Facism. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. How society goes about it is what matters. Granted dovernment isn't society. That's your mistake.

So do I

Get a job with affordable healthcare insurance. Problem solved.

Show proof.

lol

At times??? At times???
I went to urgent care after getting new insurance and had left my card at home. So I paid on the spot. They charged $150.

Went to urgent care months later for another visit. Had my insurance card with me. Cost charged to my insurer? For same EXACT service? $468.

Would love to hear the explanations for this.

All I realized is I'm an idiot for having insurance. You get charged MORE.

We need to DUMP healthcare insurance and let the doctors and urgent care centers and the hospitals battle it out. Lowest cost. Best service. Will get the customer every time.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:40 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, what many libs fail to realize is that they are so incredibly intolerant of any view other than their own. Particularly if the other POV is steeped in fact.

The other thing they don't realize is that more mentally stable people are turning away from the direction of the Dem party because of the intolerance. Funny how Libs throw around the term Facism. Pot, meet kettle.
I’m not a liberal.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:16 PM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
I'm convinced that those in this thread that are nasty to Shapiro haven't listened to him and just pick up their talking points from the fringe of the left. He's not some lunatic. He is a conservative who is critiques Trump's rhetoric (I mention that only because it seems like everything revolves around him these days), and comes down on the hard right in addition to his base criticism of the hard left. However, he is always civil to those who wish to discuss policy without making personal (and baseless) attacks. He welcomes discussions with left leaning politicians and commentators. I think all you can ask for is for someone to be authentic, and Shapiro is that.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I went to urgent care after getting new insurance and had left my card at home. So I paid on the spot. They charged $150.

Went to urgent care months later for another visit. Had my insurance card with me. Cost charged to my insurer? For same EXACT service? $468.

We need to DUMP healthcare insurance and let the doctors and urgent care centers and the hospitals battle it out. Lowest cost. Best service. Will get the customer every time.
It works the other way also.

Get a bill for $2500 and the insurance pays $1800. If you don't have insurance the provider wants $2500.

Should all of this be addressed? absolutely. With Universal Health Care there aren't all these different variables.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
I'm convinced that those in this thread that are nasty to Shapiro haven't listened to him and just pick up their talking points from the fringe of the left.
I listened to him and addressed what he said but no one addressed my rebuttal.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Not to derail this thread, but I agree that there are systemic problems with the health care industry.

The one you mention is important. I also think that providers aren't concerned about cost control because individuals aren't seeing the increase in costs. Sure, it's passed along in higher premiums, but when it's just a matter of "billing the insurance", people don't care how much a procedure costs.

But that's a topic for a different thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies