Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 12:21 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times

Advertisements

If Mueller's interview with Trump were to be carried on live TV, it would break the all-time record for viewers. It would even surpass the number of people who tuned-in to watch his inauguration!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 12:23 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I completely disagree. There's a 0.0 chance Trump is impeached and convicted, unless Democrats win both houses.

Facts, truth, law have all been proven to be meaningless to this president. You don't have to look outside this forum to see the lengths that his supporters are willing to twist themselves and their logic to justify their fear of the other side.

Blatant theft and pandering to the enemy are just more "fake news" on the course to make America great again.
Even if that happened, a 2/3 vote in the Senate would still be needed to convict/remove.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:31 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What are you all going to do next when this investigation searching for a crime finally fails?

There are many crimes that have already been uncovered and are now under indictment or on trial. It can't be a failure because it has already succeeded. Shedding light on the fact that Russia has been interfering with out democratic process is a huge success, and should spur all patriotic Americans to support efforts to make elections honest, fair, and accountable, and to eliminate interference wherever it is found.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:30 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've always argued that Trump and his Communication Department have done Trump and this administration the biggest disservice.

Right from day one had Trump simply kept the message that the Mueller investigation was critical to establishing just how much if any the Russians endeavoured to tamper with the USA electoral process.

If Trump had focused on that and not screamed witch hunt at every turn -- maybe some of us wouldn't start to think -- hang on -- why is he so defensive.

This White House blames the media, but their inability to stick to a message, divert away from negative messages, and a seemingly natural talent for stepping in the muck and throwing it into the fan.

I do not believe there was collusion. I do believe some of Trump's ignorant staff (including his son) may have acted inappropriately but I don't think there was some grand plan of collusion.

But I am starting to wonder what Trump is so afraid of? It's hard not to -- he is just overly defensive.

Today -- he's all over the Russian investigation again, purposely stating lies to his faithful who believe anything he says -- despite the facts presented over the last year and a half.......and just going on and on.

If there is nothing -- there is nothing. And we shall all see.
This is exactly how I feel. I too do not believe Trump and Russia got together to form a master plan. But I do believe he and his staff were interested in obtaining their help, the TT meeting as well as multiple people in his camp who have lied about contact with Russia clearly shows that. And seeing as the President reportedly wrote Jr's explanation, which is no surprise, tells me a cover up is certainly in play.

As has been said if the President was completely innocent of everything he should have acted like it. He didn't, every move he made and words he tweeted about this investigation screams of a man who has something to hide.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
You really think that schoolyard taunts will prompt POTUS to speak to a partisan investigator? Too funny... you people are desperate to have your partisan investigation harvest its fruit. Which is a de facto corrupt hope.

Trump isn't terrified of "having" to talk to Mueller because Trump does not have to talk to Mueller. Your corrupt hopes and dreams are imparting fantasy powers to your side that do not exist.
Bill Clinton (to use one of your favorite whipping boys) was subpoenaed and had to give testimony. What makes Donald Trump so special that he should be an exception to the Rule of Law?

Old 08-10-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter/voter, nor a Republican, but I remembered hearing this point months ago (don't remember if it was from Dershowitz or not):

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...the_truth.html

^^^^^ Title of the link: Dershowitz warns Trump you can be indicted for perjury even if you tell Mueller the truth
To charge him with perjury there would be a burden of proof.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If Mueller's interview with Trump were to be carried on live TV, it would break the all-time record for viewers. It would even surpass the number of people who tuned-in to watch his inauguration!
I haven't turned on a television in over twenty years, but I would probably break that streak to watch that interview live.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's the way the questions are asked. Just like they did with Flynn. Flynn was asked if he met with any foreign governments as part of the Trump campaign and he rightfully said NO which he did not meet them as part of the Trump campaign, he met them as part of the job he was currently holding. Comey even understood that not to be a lie but Mueller wanted to play tricks and nail him for lying because while Flynn WAS a part of Trump's campaign he met with foreign governments. See the trick there that Prosecutors play? They load the questions on both ends where there is no right answer since both the question and answer can be twisted to fit whatever they want. They lay traps that make you look guilty no matter how honest your answer is. It happens everyday in courtrooms around the world.

That's a beautiful "alternative fact" synopsis. Oh you tricky tricky Trumpster. There's only one big problem. Why did Flynn come out immediately after he was fired and ask for immunity? He said that he had a story to tell and it was quite a story. Why has Flynn's sentencing been delayed? He must have one heck of a story to tell if Mueller is still keeping him around more then a year later. You can create your safe space in an alternate universe, but, the facts are the facts.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
That's a beautiful "alternative fact" synopsis. Oh you tricky tricky Trumpster. There's only one big problem. Why did Flynn come out immediately after he was fired and ask for immunity? He said that he had a story to tell and it was quite a story. Why has Flynn's sentencing been delayed? He must have one heck of a story to tell if Mueller is still keeping him around more then a year later. You can create your safe space in an alternate universe, but, the facts are the facts.
Flynn was fired on February 14. He was reportedly shopping for a plea deal in April. Mueller didn't come on board until May 17. The fact that his sentencing has been delayed is an indicator that he has quite a story, indeed, and he is still filling in the information gaps.

Flynn knows if he is caught in a lie anywhere along the line, his som is going down the river for a long time. He would rather face whatever penalty there is than to see his son in federal prison. This alone separates him from Trump.

If I was Mango Mussolini, I would be very afraid of what Flynn has revealed. At this point, even if Mueller is fired, the investigation will not go away.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Trump and his staff are holed up in Trump's NJ golf resort.

"South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who golfed with Trump last weekend and had dinner with Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, told an event hosted by the Greenville County Republican Party and radio station WGTK that the president brought up ending the Mueller probe “about 20 times.” Graham added: “I told the president, ‘I know you don’t like it. I know you feel put upon. You just got to ride it out.'”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...er-wall-773388

Things may indeed be coming to a head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies