U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:54 AM

26,720 posts, read 11,208,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ing/941522002/

How in ANY way can ANYONE defend this sick man? Really Sotomayor!? He SHOULD suffer! Imagine what the poor child SUFFERED! Imagine how her family has SUFFERED!
He's not a threat. The only reason to take the life of an individual is when protecting property or the life of another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Venn Diagram: people who believe in god and people who believe in the death penalty.
People who believe in the rights of the individual. That is what matters and always should.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:00 AM

18,862 posts, read 7,332,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Execution is not "cruel and unusual punishment"-it is justice. It was common (with far more primitive methods used today) when the BOR was passed, and there is NO indication that the founders or writers of the BOR had any intention of banning it. .
Spot on. This thug got a good dose of long overdue justice yesterday.

The mistake is it should have happened 29 years ago, but better justice delayed, then justice denied.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:01 AM

3,576 posts, read 1,235,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That does not seem to be the case to the person you replied to.

I don't agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
ETA I'm okaywith him having a quick painless death by injection. His judgement awaits him and is worse than what anyone here legally can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Make excuses. Bashing people who believe in God is expected from someone who is okay with a child murder/rapist/torturer being allowed to continue his life.
Who bashed anyone who believed in a god or made excuses?
Just pointing out that many who think people will get some divine punishment, are pretty blood thirsty.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM

78,849 posts, read 33,532,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

I don't agree
Fair enough. I misread and was wrong.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,301 posts, read 14,034,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh?

Please do post factual examples of people joyfully killing babies.

HINT: By definition, fetuses ARE NOT babies!

uhm if it has a heartbeat...hint they are babies, not a sack of cells...

Old 08-10-2018, 11:07 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,301 posts, read 14,034,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He's not a threat. The only reason to take the life of an individual is when protecting property or the life of another.

he is a POS child rapist/murderer..... he should be publicly castrated, then hung

Old 08-10-2018, 11:09 AM

11,675 posts, read 6,277,227 times
Good. This was the best news I read all day yesterday. Justice was served finally in this case. Closure was brought to the victim's family.

Note, I read that the killer was coughing and going through the motions as the drugs were administered. While I wish with every fiber of my being that he was actually in pain, I think its more likely that he was putting on a show.

And, yes, Sotomayor is a disgrace. A rank amateur whose poorly reasoned and worded decisions prove every day that she should never have been appointed as a judge, period.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 AM

1,522 posts, read 708,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Good. This was the best news I read all day yesterday. Justice was served finally in this case. Closure was brought to the victim's family.
Justice finally served. I can only imagine what that poor baby went through in her last moments of life. And the family's anguish until the end of their days.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
he is a POS child rapist/murderer..... he should be publicly castrated, then hung
Lighten up Francis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or