Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 03:52 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,176,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
According to the ACLU, Sullivan had "suggested" government officials, including the Attorney General, be held in contempt for the deportation of the two plaintiffs and said their deportation was "unacceptable".

"In its rush to deport as many immigrants as possible, the Trump administration is putting these women and children in grave danger of being raped, beaten, or killed," said Jennifer Chang Newell, managing attorney with the ACLU's Immigrants' Rights Project and the attorney who argued the ACLU case.
Judge orders plane carrying deported mother and child turned around, blocks more removals

The NON-HUMANS.... Trump and Sessions should both be charged with "CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY"!
Calm down, it's Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,568,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Then show me a judge who rules on the CONSTITUTION and not their own idiotic brainless emotions!
Only when you show me a poster that opines on the actual CONSTITUTION and not their own idiotic brainless emotions.

Don't start by looking in the mirror - it won't help you find one.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Only when you show me a poster that opines on the actual CONSTITUTION and not their own idiotic brainless emotions.

Don't start by looking in the mirror - it won't help you find one.
So..basically, you got nothing. Got it.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:49 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,687,585 times
Send them ALL back
MAGA

Old 08-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So..basically, you got nothing. Got it.
You want to make an argument that a Judge is a left-wing activist? Analyze some of his/her decisions and make the argument. Simply vomiting up "Clinton appointed him" does not qualify. Nor does arguing that the Judge's demand that the status quo be restored after receiving assurances (presumably in the context of an application for a TRO) from the government that the status quo would remain somehow make him an "activist".

An activist judge is actually someone, like the OP, whose conclusions are result-driven rather than reached by analyzing the relevant law. The results of many of Justice Scalia's decisions, for example, were anathemas to Conservative social beliefs because he believed in stringent statutory reading.

So unless you can give me some specific examples of this particular Judge reading into law things that are not there in order to achieve particular results, it is the OP that has nothing.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Their asylum claim reportedly included that they were “fleeing two decades of horrific sexual abuse by her husband, who routinely raped, stalked, and threatened her.”

So sexual obuse by her husband is grounds for Asylum. I wonder if the Women and men that Harvey Weinstien and Ed Buck raped, could get asylum in El Salvador.

"And yet she traveled through Guatemala AND Mexico to get away from her husband because ya know NEITHER of those was good enough to stop in....more like she could get the most welfare in America.."
Funny how that happens
What about the women that Bill Clinton raped?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:43 AM

19,492 posts, read 12,122,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What about the women that Bill Clinton raped?
They get called skanks. Where was the feminists' support for them?

Old 08-10-2018, 10:18 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,186 times
@tamajane: a woman who knowingly solicits her body for sex would be a "****", "skank", or "*****". A guy that does it is a "pimp". "Hooker" can apply to both. A mother-in-law that does this is a "nightmare".

Old 08-10-2018, 11:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
LMAO this clown judge thinks whining about holding the administration in contempt is going to matter. Its going to get a giant laugh at the White House...I hope the FBI raids the American Communist Liars Union headquarters for aiding and abetting the enemy and treason. I would pay to watch that! I hope the plane landed already in their country and they ain't coming back!
The woman's case was STILL BEING HEARD when she was deported, genius.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The woman's case was STILL BEING HEARD when she was deported, genius.
The most avid "law and order" proponents are often only "law and order" when it fits their particular social agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies