Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,636,225 times

Advertisements

When its all said and done Obama's legacy will be for the corruption of his admin. The most corrupt admin. in the history of the presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 08:27 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,085,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When its all said and done Obama's legacy will be for the corruption of his admin. The most corrupt admin. in the history of the presidency.
Nah. Two years in and the Trump administration already holds that distinction.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,101,701 times
Mueller's investigation will end with it's completed.

And for those of you who bought the "collusion isn't against the law" nonsense, read up on 18 USC 371 for starters.

And it's telling that your "hero" is now throwing his own son under the bus to protect his own arse.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:32 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
There you go spreading fake info.
Fake info? Hardly. Watch as I dismantle your paper thin narrative. You've been taking too many lessons from watching CNN. You'll have to come with stronger arguments not to be outright dismissed.

Quote:
The FBI began investigation of those characters.
First of all, use proper nouns in the beginning of any paragraph. No one can tell what you are talking about. What "characters" are you referring to? Clinton? Someone else?

Clinton was being "investigated" by pro Clinton and anti-Trump agents. Thus, the investigation doesn't count. The FBI is wholly partisan and thus corrupt in these matters and the nation knows it. No one is actually cleared and the FBI's role throughout this will definitely be revisited until this nation has assurances that actual impartial justice has been levied. This will come home to roost.

Quote:
The FBI was, and is, headed up by Republicans, and the investigation is ongoing under Republican leadership.
Hilarious stuff. As if Trump and "the Republicans" are synonymous and not in conflict before the election and now. As if the FBI didn't show gross political bias up until now in Clinton's favor, "headed up by Republicans" (snort) or not. You are attempting to spin a thin narrative that is observably false in its attempted implications, and what is worse the nation doesn't believe it. You are talking to yourself, using a narrative that is long dead and discredited.

The nation watched "the Republicans" (Neocons) be as or more anti-Trump than the progressives in the election season and beyond. Same with the FBI and the NatSec state. You'd have us ignore all of that. You're assumption is insulting to the intelligence of your readers. So, drop the "fake news" and argue in good faith or don't argue at all.

Quote:
The dossier was created with Republican money first of all, at the instigation of a Republican PAC. The Democrats bought it afterwards, and a Republican handed it over to the FBI (the correct procedure BTW).
LOL!! The spin is amazing. And either way, bought from the Kremlin (treasonous) to undermine an elected president by the president's enemies. Your semantics are for children. Go speak to children if that's the discussion that you wish to have. Adults are speaking here.

Just to make this crystal clear for you, anyone involved in the procurement and use of that Kremlin disinformation should be locked up for a long time. Republicans and, you better believe, lots and lots of liberals who have their hands dirty. Clear enough for you, or do you wish to remain in the children's sandbox and play your utterly meaningless semantic games?

Quote:
I know you won't change your story, because that's what kind of people you guys are, but we are on to you.
Buddy, you are a laugh every thirty seconds. Not every minute, but every thirty seconds. No one is "changing" anything. Come at me with your strongest arguments. You are dead in the water and you know it. You have a dirty Russian dossier on your collective hands that your side tried to use to undermine this nation's democracy. Its over.

Last edited by golgi1; 08-10-2018 at 08:50 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,636,225 times
Mueller may end up in court alright.

As a defendant.

It time for Mueller's boss ( Trump ) to set him down and make him answer some question about his involvement in the cover-up and corruption.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:38 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,570,015 times
lol - same old tired group of LWLTs having the same old wet dreams. Don't you folks ever get tired of being wrong?

PRESIDENT Trump is making America great again, and you hate him for that? smh

Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Mueller's investigation will end with it's completed.

And for those of you who bought the "collusion isn't against the law" nonsense, read up on 18 USC 371 for starters.

And it's telling that your "hero" is now throwing his own son under the bus to protect his own arse.
Such confident statements for someone who doesn't understand the statutes that they are quoting.

What you quoted was a fraud or offense conspiracy statute. What that means is that a crime has to be committed, which by its nature would not depend on conspiracy or collusion. However, when a crime is committed in a group the technical language is "conspiracy" or "collusion". Not all collusion is criminal, but all group crime is collusion. Get it? A single person could commit a crime and be charged similarly. The statute is in regard to a group crime, not forming a group. The operative word is "crime".

We have different statutes for groups and individuals. It's a legal technicality. In all of your great wisdom, you mistook the technical language for what the statute is outlawing.

I know this is complex stuff for people who get their worldviews from Western television, but allow me to further explain.

The liberals "colluded" to attain a Kremlin invented narrative on Trump. The crime isn't "collusion", but rather that procurement and use against this nation of the Kremlin disinformation. In sum, because a group was involved the crime is categorized as collusion. But there has to be a crime. Get it?

You can "collude" with someone to start a business, but there is no crime.

Similarly, you can meet with people and speak in hypotheticals and that is not considered a crime. However, carrying out a crime is. As the anti-Trump continent in this nation did when they procured and used a Kremlin narrative in an attempt to undermine the results of our democracy.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:52 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,115,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And it wasn't our side who coined phases like "Libs and Dims", or "Snowflakes". I know you are, but what are we ?

How anyone, on your side, can not see how this arrogant, rude, childish, crude, small minded man has purposefully alienated anyone, and everyone, who he disagrees with, or who disagrees with him, is beyond me. Every time he gets up to that microphone, out spews the hatred and wise ass comments he thinks he has to utter to look strong and smart. All it does is drive the wedge even deeper.
And how many times do you see those words on our forums (I am not saying they are never used). It is certainly many times less that what your side uses and, in many cases, it is a response to being called a name in the first place. Not only that; but when Hillary started the 'deplorable' name tag we never hear of your terms. Before deplorable came dumb, stupid, uneducated, hicks, racist, xenophobes, and anything else you could throw in our direction - anything that you, incorrectly, thought would change our minds so we would not vote for Trump. Don't throw around two or a few more names and think your side is perfect; you have a long ways to go.

It isn't only that but it was not a smart move by the media; that counts on ratings. Some of the liberal stations lost many of it's viewers and we will not come home anytime soon.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,745,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
It boggles my mind how Trumplets navigate the daily onslaught of Trump's revisionist history. Back when Trump and Don Jr were claiming they met with Russians about adoptions, you had the rightfully skeptical people raising an eyebrow with "are they serious that people will buy that bunk?" And Trumplets did. Hook line and sinker. They believe whatever Trump says.

And just the other day, he acknowledges that the meeting was about gathering dirt on Clinton. Yet, there is absolutely no loss of faith in the man. He lies daily to his own supporters and the rest of the American people. Trumplets supported him after that Putin meeting even when Trump was saying that he doesn't believe our intelligence community and how he believes Putin. And Trumplets supported him. Then he takes that back with some nonsense about how he meant "wouldn't" instead of "would" - which still makes the rest of the press conference incoherent... and yet Trumplets still have unwavering support.

The man was right. He could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue and not lose a single supporter. I don't get you people.
There is no other Trump. It's Trump or back to business as usual, which his supporters do not want. If you want people to turn on Trump, give them another Trump.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:13 AM

1,316 posts, read 746,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So basically all you are hoping for is that Trump somehow trips over the mine field obstacle course trap that the Left has tried to set up for him.

Making it difficult for the U.S. President to effectively lead this country. The Left is evil.

Come on. I don't want Trump to fail. He IS failing. That was the fear all along! I'm consistently anti-Trump because I believe he is a poor leader and is taking us down a very, very wrong path. Disagree, that's fine. But I feel the same way as a large portion of our population. Trump should learn from the mistakes Democrats made that lead to his election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't think there are very many people who wanted Trump to be a bust as the leader.

He is doing that to himself with the ever skyrocketing deficit, his never ending outright lying, his policy on immigration (telling his base lies about chain migration which the Gov. website can confirm are lies) his immoral behavior, his attacks on those who disagree with him, (his own party members are afraid to stand up to him)

Wouldn't it have been great if he were a uniter instead of a divider?

I personally never wanted a president who is taking our country in the direction it is going.
He panders to his base only & demonizes the rest..not smart Mr.Trump, not smart

This is exactly it. Can any Trump supporter honestly say Trump has done nothing to warrant some scrutiny? That's what happens when you contradict yourself and Tweet about things on a global stage. He is courting the attention, he needs the attention. If Trump made a decision I agreed with, I would be happy about it. But Space Force? Nope. Zero tolerance on immigration? Nope. Knocking the wind out of the EPA? Nope. I cannot agree with his stance on any of these. That's politics. I am as entrenched in my world view as others are--but my world view allows for learning, change, compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes they are evil because if Trump fails then in a way the country fails to.

They are willing to crash us all because their hate has consumed them.

Nope, nope, nope. I don't know a single person who wants things to fail or crash. We want to fix things, right wrongs, prevent disaster. When we oppose things like zero tolerance on immigration, we do so not because "it's Trump." We do so because we have a foundational opposition to it. It is, in my estimation, immoral and unethical the way families have been treated. You most likely disagree with me. That's politics! My hate hasn't consumed me. My fear and my concern, however, does. I love my country. I am patriotic. I would never want to see it fail, and I see it failing daily. Do you not understand that that is where the opposition comes from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
As to the bold, Obama made fun of the Special Olympics on late night TV and Lefties paid no mind to it.

Oh, people paid mind to it. People were aghast. And he was beat up over it. And he apologized for it and realized that, although he meant nothing offensive, it was offensive and hurtful. He used the criticism to become a better person. But Trump doesn't care. Isn't that why his followers like him? He "tells it like it is!", right? I see him as a person that really doesn't care about anyone but himself. The people around him, his family, they are only reflections of him--if they can't do something for him, he doesn't care. I am troubled by having Trump as a leader. He is, IMO, dangerous in his off-the-hip pronouncements. I just saw him talking about Space Force, saying it was "kind of a joke," but then he thought, "Why not?" That's not how you lead a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies