Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,252,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They actually do a TON of community service work. That's well documented. The Tennessee Titans, where Jurrel Casey was to speak out to say he was protesting, had a practice cancelled and went to train with the local PD. Guess what? Casey as well as others who've protested were there. Personally, I've had police who've seen the problem and supported the cause. Even a police chief.

I honestly think its coming down to those who are oblivious to the issue for whatever reason(might be a majority), and the truly racists and hateful. Those who know what's going on and want to enable it.

Obama was not completely in support of this issue. By the way. I can provide several examples.

go protest on their own time.......the NFL is not paying these athletes to bring their politics to the job and alienate half of the fanbase (maybe more).

once again, 195 countries in the world and many countries with worse problems than the U.S.A and NONE of their athletes do that in their countries because they know is insulting to the majority of their countrymen......I guess these athletes here in the U.S. knows something that the rest of the world doesn't by doing this silly thing.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 1 day ago)

27,544 posts, read 16,022,699 times
I didn’t see it. Go figure.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:08 PM

57,075 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm sure they can be fired for misbehavior. They just won't do it.
Have you ever heard of a player being fired for anything less than a felony. Ray Rice the running back from Baltimore knocked out his fiancée and dragged her from the elevator and got a two game suspension so the bar is pretty low for what passes as bad behavior.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:13 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,102,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
go protest on their own time.......the NFL is not paying these athletes to bring their politics to the job and alienate half of the fanbase (maybe more).

once again, 195 countries in the world and many countries with worse problems than the U.S.A and NONE of their athletes do that in their countries because they know is insulting to the majority of their countrymen......I guess these athletes here in the U.S. knows something that the rest of the world doesn't by doing this silly thing.
Americans are dying and having their rights violated at the hands of the state. Stop being a traitor. Stop being unpatriotic (the real kind).

Old 08-10-2018, 02:17 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,915,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

Pretty broad brush you are painting with there.

That pesky 1st amendment getting in your way? Maybe you can get your President to start working on that and get it fixed. Maybe another executive order or sumptin.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:19 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Business as usual.

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem | Fox News

NFL players continued to protest during the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began the first full week of its 2018 preseason.

Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.
There is no excuse for this nonsense. I don't care who the player is, if I see him kneeling or raising his fist he is off my list as players I want to ever see play again. As much as I don't like the Cowboys or Jerry Jones I give him credit for standing up for our Flag and our country.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Americans are dying and having their rights violated at the hands of the state. Stop being a traitor. Stop being unpatriotic (the real kind).

stop with the drama.....we don't have a crisis of the state killing people.....what we have is a high homicide rate and high crime rate done by CRIMINALS in poor minority communities and the police are over their heads because of politics and political correctness.

I'm a Navy vet....you calling me a traitor shows your ignorance.

once again, we have 195 countries in the world, and none of the 194 countries who live in real $hitholes their athletes disrespect their flag and national anthem for social justice because they know that is ignorant and counter productive that is an insult to their countrymen. That's the reason this cr@p only happens with a few athletes in the U.S.....no other country the people will allow it like you here. You do this to your own flag and anthem don't expect the rest of the world to respect it.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Pretty broad brush you are painting with there.

That pesky 1st amendment getting in your way? Maybe you can get your President to start working on that and get it fixed. Maybe another executive order or sumptin.

it has nothing to do with the government....a flag and a national anthem is what unites a country...........that's the reason you don't see this cr@p by athletes in any other country in the world because they will get crucified by their own countrymen and wouldn't allow it to go past 1 time let alone for 3 years and still they keep doing it.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:24 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Wow, I guess I missed the tyranny. Those men got very rich in America playing an American sport. The economy is doing well and unemployment is low. Opportunity is open to minorities more than ever.
None of that really matters if you are a black man and the police who are there to protect & serve you are busy putting bullets in your back instead.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:25 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah, peaceful protest for a noble cause is such an agonizing thing to behold at a sports event that has no reason whatsoever anyway to play a song written to the tune of an old Brit drinking song by a guy that said this...

Key himself owned slaves, was an anti-abolitionist and once called his African brethren “a distinct and inferior race of people.”

Slavery and the National Anthem: The Surprising History Behind Colin Kaepernick's Protest | Black News

An obnoxious difficult to sing tune that should have been replaced years ago and relegated to to the dustbin of history along with the electoral college. Americans sure hold onto some stupid outdated ****.

And to think that a *****-grabbing grifter and birther uses it to deflect attention away from his abominable actions and folks fall for the feigned outrage and hop on board the Trump obtuse insanity train. Pathetic!
It might be peaceful but it is not noble and most who are protesting have no real idea why. If they are so caring why not donate money to charity or try and help those in need instead of showing disrespect I wonder if they had done that in high school how far they would have gotten and would they be walking on easy street right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.