U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 05:04 PM

27,103 posts, read 15,660,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I have made that point in various threads on the subject, more then I can count and it amazes me just how many don't get it.
I know, the same with me. People just don't get it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 05:19 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Note, you are a big baby are in quotes, MEANING some one ELSE SAID IT first.

If YOU cant take it, DON'T dish it out!

And I could care LESS what other people think about me.

It doesn't bother we a bit.

I am BIGGER then that.

I guess you aren't!
Stop biting off my comebacks you BIG BABY!

YOU are the one who can't take it because I keep DESTROYING YOU on this thread!

I could care less about YOU!

Old 08-12-2018, 05:53 PM

12,261 posts, read 11,273,854 times
...and what happened to Kappernick?

Old 08-12-2018, 06:51 PM

8,274 posts, read 2,398,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has made this an issue about not respecting the flag in order to rile up his base. He could care less about the real reason. How about we just don't play the anthem before games. That would solve the problem
So you are saying that before 2016, no one would have been offended by Athletes making political statements on game day by taking a knee?

No, you are simply making this another anti-Trump rant.
I have no issue with athletes exercising their first amendment rights on their own time, just not mine. They have 365 days a year and out of all those days, all those hours, they can only make their statement during the 48 average hours of game time? Seriously?

What will we blame the orange one for next? Obesity in America? Tobacco use? Sugar tooth? We already blame him for racism as if it all started with him .

Old 08-12-2018, 07:41 PM

27,103 posts, read 15,660,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you are saying that before 2016, no one would have been offended by Athletes making political statements on game day by taking a knee?

No, you are simply making this another anti-Trump rant.
I have no issue with athletes exercising their first amendment rights on their own time, just not mine. They have 365 days a year and out of all those days, all those hours, they can only make their statement during the 48 average hours of game time? Seriously?

What will we blame the orange one for next? Obesity in America? Tobacco use? Sugar tooth? We already blame him for racism as if it all started with him .
It wasn't as common as the kneeling and outspoken-ness under Trump (whether as candidate or President.)

Old 08-12-2018, 08:27 PM

29,512 posts, read 16,410,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Business as usual.

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem | Fox News

NFL players continued to protest during the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began the first full week of its 2018 preseason.

Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.
I will not watch any NFL games this season. I don't need to support repulsive, spoiled millionaires.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has made this an issue about not respecting the flag in order to rile up his base. He could care less about the real reason. How about we just don't play the anthem before games. That would solve the problem
This issue started long before Trump.

How about we just boycott the spoiled NFL millionaires.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Everyone fighting and ignoring the bigger issue. And NFL players are just trying to stand up for their fellow AMericans.
That's a joke. NFL players only care about their millions. They don't care about anybody else. Without their money, they are nobody.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:26 PM

20,584 posts, read 8,754,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The NFL players are simply saying: yo, police, quit needlessly targeting and/or killing black people."

Just out of curiosity, what did ALL these players do during the off season for this "cause"?

Did they meet with local police, with local mayors, etc, to try to iron out these perceived problem?

Or are they just like they act on the field after caching a pass, etc. showing off in front of the TV camera seeking attention, displaying unsportsmanlike?

Look at me, ain't I GREAT!

Al they want is to get their face on TV.
Look it up. You will be amazed at what they do and scratch your head why Trump would call them thugs.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:28 PM

20,584 posts, read 8,754,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This issue started long before Trump.

How about we just boycott the spoiled NFL millionaires.
No it didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies