Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 07:35 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Looks like I'll be limiting my football to watching home games again this year. The dangerous thing for the NFL is that they're going to reach a point where people won't come back even if they do settle this thing. I know I am already getting used to watching much less football from last year, if I get too used to it from this year as well I might lose interest altogether. I doubt I'm the only one. People who are skipping out are going to realize they can do something better with their Sundays.
This is what happened to baseball during the player stike. People just found better things to do and never went back even after the strikes. But, unlike baseball that rebound somewhat, I doubt the NFL will. In fact, with the youth sports leagues dropping it due to injuries, I doubt the NFL or these players will be around in 10 years.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
In my sports world, the beliefs of the players and the national anthem are immaterial to the game I tuned in to watch. And this is why I no longer watch said sports with its so called professional athletes and their social justice and military worship agendas. The marketplace will eventually resolve this.
I have no use for the 'so called professional athletes'. Every one of the kneelers should read this and drop their heads in shame, and get a good kick in the fanny:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...216244075.html

Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Business as usual.

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem | Fox News

NFL players continued to protest during the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began the first full week of its 2018 preseason.

Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.
This is because the NFL realized that it would in fact be an issue of collective bargaining when they created the rules outside of input from the NFLPA like in the collective bargaining agreement, with their policy to appease Trump. I'm laughing at this because they played themselves.

I do think the NFL can rebound with better games. Not saying that the games will be instantly better because the Browns will still suck, but maybe we'll have closer games this year and use flex scheduling for NBC games.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:44 AM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You are wrong. It started out that way (the police thing) with Colin Kaepernick's kneeling. But it quickly morphed into a general, we hate Donald Trump thing, and tear shedding for Criminal Hillary's loss.
You are right, it's morphed into a "pi$$ off Trumpskulls" thing.

You know just like how Trumpskulls like anything that pi$$es off liberals no matter how idiotic or detrimental to the country it might be!!!!!

Copycats!!!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
The players are winning, because the country keeps talking about it.

Whether you support the players kneeling or you hate them and feel they're ungrateful and don't deserve live in America (which is what Trump thinks), people are talking about it.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I have no use for the 'so called professional athletes'. Every one of the kneelers should read this and drop their heads in shame, and get a good kick in the fanny:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...216244075.html
Ill bet the kid is "patriotic" in a govt loving way, not a freedom loving way. Do you watch sports to see athletes worship the flag, the military, or play the game?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:52 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Because Trump the birther says so. So there!
Actually, Hillary tells me stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Good for them!!

This is what Americans are supposed to do when Govt has become tyrannical, its actually the very least thing!

American citizens are NEVER to show respect for, or honor, obey or comply, with a tyrannical authority (this even applies if its the US govt).
They aren't near as tyrannical as they'd like to think they are. Those idiots can't even fix an election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Honestly, Trump made this a "thing" by sticking his nose in it.

I guarantee if Trump never commented on this, it would largely be a nonstory.
Trump and everybody who voted for him, which includes probably about 80% of the once true NFL fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What Trump is doing is borderline treasonous. And exposing him as the fake patriot that he is. And some of his followers.

You all will regret the side of history you're on. I honestly wish we could go back to the old days of true treason for what Trump is doing. As much as he talks about the "evil media" he is media. And he is evil. And he's a liar and con artist.

Treason. Betraying the people of this country. Seems that only the racists, bigots, and authority worshippers are complaining. Perfect. Let your hate guide your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
All of a sudden people are against the NFL because their fearless leader told them to be.
You got one thing right. Our leader is fearless. But so are we.

That's why your liberal touchy feely shaming blaming projecting deflecting tricks don't work on us.

We, like President Donald J Trump, don't suffer fools. We don't stand around and wait for your selfish and foolish leaders to spit in our eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Then why don't they put more black cops, sergeants etc. in there and fix the thing?

Because the claim is a politicized weaponized lie.

Quote:
People were dying. Guess that makes them "crybabies" for standing up for people??

Great logic
Ha that's a laugh.

Most of these selfish fools are broke before their careers end. They put on a show for the media.

Patrick Ewing- We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money!

Look at fools Crabtree and Aqib Talib! What are those pillars of society gonna do now they're on the same team? Rip each others bling off in the locker room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump claims the players don't know why they are kneeling -- he says that because he still doesn't know why this started.

That's on him and his incompetent staff to keep him informed.
No, Trump is right again. It's the same logic that gets many Black Americans to vote Democrat. The Democrats sell them their victimhood and take their vote in return.
Quote:
You should be glad they're protesting then.

I think pretty much every poster called you out on your asanine statement.
No, just your own Echo-Chamber.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-10-2018 at 09:18 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You are wrong. It started out that way (the police thing) with Colin Kaepernick's kneeling. But it quickly morphed into a general, we hate Donald Trump thing, and tear shedding for Criminal Hillary's loss.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

At this point, yes. The problem is he and his supporters continually poke the bear on this issue.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The players are winning, because the country keeps talking about it.

Whether you support the players kneeling or you hate them and feel they're ungrateful and don't deserve live in America (which is what Trump thinks), people are talking about it.
You're right if by "it" you mean people are talking about players taking a knee. People certainly aren't talking about the issue of police abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies