Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 09:40 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Unfortunately this is a very difficult thing for white people to do. You cannot tell a person from birth that they are better than others because they are white and then not expect them to act in ways that uphold their superiority over non-whites. If we can achieve this great feat, we'd have world peace.
It is not that hard for ANYONE to do. It is about understanding right from wrong. Some people choose to be racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 09:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Falsely accusing people of racism purely for political motives is an evil thing .

Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Nobody is going to explicitly tell you that, but it is reinforced over and over again. When you get the promotion over the more qualified POC. When your child can sell lemonade on the street and be applauded but the child of color gets the cops called on them because they don't have a permit. When you can curse out and even hit the cops and not be killed. When Trump, with all his scandals, can pick a Supreme Court nominee but Obama is prevented from doing so. The examples are endless.

You are not told this explicitly because whites like to think they're not racist. Other people haven't had as much success because they're just not good enough.
Obama made two Supreme Court appointments that were confirmed. Trump is in the middle of his term. He’s going to get to pick Supreme Court justices. When Scalia died, Obama was near the end of his last term and it was in the middle of an election year. Plus, his party was not in the majority. Even Biden would agree.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZlzhULrJC0

There have been several white kids who also got their lemonade stands shut down by police, and they were complaint driven (meaning someone called the police...who does that ). It’s ridiculous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-big-lemonade/

And I think plenty of black people have cursed out and even hit police without getting killed. We just don’t hear about those cases. But I do think black people are more likely to go to jail in those cases.

I’ve never looked down on poor black people, or poor any people. I’ve been poor myself. I know a lot of black people who are more successful and more educated than I am. I’m not denying that there are white people who do the things you say, but I think the vast majority of white people are not like that anymore.

Last edited by katygirl68; 08-12-2018 at 12:39 AM..

Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
When Scalia died, Obama was near the end of his last term and it was in the middle of an election year. Plus, his party was not in the majority.
Please point me to the guidance that sanctions these restrictions. As far as I know, the sitting president picks the nominee. There was no reason his pick shouldn't have been confirmed. It was racism, plain and simple.

Quote:
Even Biden would agree.
First: it doesn't matter who'd agree. They didn't follow procedure. Second: how do you know he'd agree that breaking protocol is proper? Has he said such in an interview?

Old 08-12-2018, 12:48 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Please point me to the guidance that sanctions these restrictions. As far as I know, the sitting president picks the nominee. There was no reason his pick shouldn't have been confirmed. It was racism, plain and simple.

First: it doesn't matter who'd agree. They didn't follow procedure. Second: how do you know he'd agree that breaking protocol is proper? Has he said such in an interview?
Did you miss the part where Joe Biden said he thought Bush should follow the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not name a nominee?

Or the part where you said Trump with all his scandals shouldn’t get to do what all other presidents get to do? He’s not at the end of his term in an election year. He hasn’t even completed the first half of his term. He’s going to get to choose a Supreme Court Justice, as is his right as a duly elected president.

Of course Joe Biden later claimed that his rule didn’t apply to Obama, because he’s a hypocrite.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:59 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
First: you didn't answer either one of my questions. Second: I don't care what people think. Show me where these stipulations are official protocol for nominating and confirming a Supreme Court justice.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:04 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Did you even read the article?

The OP is attempting to sow dismay and discouragement, just like the fake "walkaway" campaign. Pay no attention to his conclusions.
The OP is a woman.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:07 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The OP is a woman.
yeah but you have to be a handicapped, black, transvestite to support trump and not get attacked.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:05 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:

Here's the key to your comment - "as far as I know". Guess what, you don't know far enough. Protocols are how things work in the real world. Blaming everything on racism is so last administration. Time to come up with something relevant to today.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:38 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Ya might want to actually go to the NAACP website to look at the polls.

https://www.naacp.org/latest/new-pol...trumps-racism/

21% of black voters "approve" of DT. That's hardly a surge.
I was going to say - This story originated with that bastion of balanced reporting, the Washington Examiner, which is a free weekly conservative tabloid based in Denver, and published by a multibillionaire. I'm certain its publisher completely disregards his personaly viewpoint. It was picked up by all of the rabid conservative news sites and blogs, but somehow mangaed to be missed by every legitimate news gathering organization on the planet.

The one major daily I found that did weigh in paints an entirely different picture. Why is their reporting so starkly different from Brelitbart? I dunno - maybe they actually took the time to find the poll and read the results? Or maybe they didn't see the <snicker> Breitbart article with the misleading headline and pounce on it...

Sorry, Kanye: Poll finds black voters don&apos;t buy celebrity Trump endorsements - Chicago Tribune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies