Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 04:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Same here. Where is that poster getting the idea that most whites are taught racism by their parents from birth? That might have been somewhat true in the past but it's not true today. I have never in my life looked down on blacks as a race. I don't see them as being inferior to myself and think they should be treated equally.
Exactly.

But tell me why in my nice little rural white town that I kept hearing the "N" word when Obama was president ?

None of those good upstanding citizens claim to be racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 07:55 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was going to say - This story originated with that bastion of balanced reporting, the Washington Examiner, which is a free weekly conservative tabloid based in Denver, and published by a multibillionaire. I'm certain its publisher completely disregards his personaly viewpoint. It was picked up by all of the rabid conservative news sites and blogs, but somehow mangaed to be missed by every legitimate news gathering organization on the planet.

The one major daily I found that did weigh in paints an entirely different picture. Why is their reporting so starkly different from Brelitbart? I dunno - maybe they actually took the time to find the poll and read the results? Or maybe they didn't see the <snicker> Breitbart article with the misleading headline and pounce on it...

Sorry, Kanye: Poll finds black voters don&apos;t buy celebrity Trump endorsements - Chicago Tribune
And the story proves once again that most Blacks don't approve of President Trump. Furthermore, it also proves how some people on CD are basically grasping at straws. I think many people know that most Black Americans do not like President Trump, and it bothers them alot.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:25 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Here's the key to your comment - "as far as I know". Guess what, you don't know far enough. Protocols are how things work in the real world.
You all keep telling me how this works, but nobody has posted official guidance. Someone did, however, take the time to post a video of Joe Biden sharing what he thought a former president should do. I don't care about what anyone thinks. What is the official guidance? I'd imagine this would be easily accessible on the internet. You all are doing a lot of deflecting but not posting anything from the USG supporting your position.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:23 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If trump ends immigration. Even with automation. Someone has to work the fields. Before you say that I'm attacking black Americans. I'm not. All I'm saying is, someone has to work the fields. Immigration is a messy thing to fix, from h1b visa program, cattle immigration, illegal immigration. Immigration needs to be reformed so that it can protect the black American labor, as well as create black American market. If you didn't know, Trump is gaining on black voters, albeit mainly men. Black women still support the dnc
1). Trump can't end immigration - so that is not a worry.

2). Our immigration policies are a total mess and have been for years. You listed most of the parts, but another large one is the way it's set up now -- Lawyers have to be hired for almost everything "immigration" .... it's a major boondoggle for THEM. It needs reform that simplifies.

3). When Democrats are in the Majority, including the Oval Office ....... NOTHING get's done, even though it is a major part of the "campaign" - Keep in mind that the Democrats had a Filibuster Proof Congress for almost over a year. When Democrats are in the Minority (House, Senate, Oval) they STOP any Legislation. It's always "vote for ME" and I will help YOU ..... but it never happens. It's all a Campaign Con.

I've noticed this trend for years - way too many people (Lobby groups, Money folks, Unions, Political Ideology) have widely different goals. For the first time in a long time -- the President is not beholden to any of those groups. IF we can get Republican Majorities (which he will then browbeat) - we actually have a chance to get some stuff done. It's a FACT that Democrats will obstruct everything and immediately start their 2020 Campaign ...... their Playbook is always the same.

Divide, Obstruct, Campaign - Never allow a Republican President to sign an Important Law for anything like "immigration" (or Health care, and other things THEY use for Campaign Talking Points)

Old 08-12-2018, 09:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm not a big one for pollsters, but in this case, it was commissioned by the NAACP. If it is true, it means pure disaster for the Democrat party. One of their primary tools, race huckstering, is being neutered.
If Trump is even able to snag 15 percent of the black vote in 2020, the Democrat will have almost no chance.
NAACP Poll: Black Americans’ Support for Donald Trump Surges
Did you look at the poll?

If the best that the alt-right can come up with for 'good news' is that 80% of blacks disapprove of Trump and he is totally underwater with all ethnic groups, I'd say that is grabbing at straws.

Interesting that you chose a biased right-wing outlet to spin the story, rather than posting a link to the poll itself.

When the actual poll is viewed on the NAACP site, it looks pretty bad in general for Trump's relations with any minority group in the country.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:54 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was going to say - This story originated with that bastion of balanced reporting, the Washington Examiner, which is a free weekly conservative tabloid based in Denver, and published by a multibillionaire. I'm certain its publisher completely disregards his personaly viewpoint. It was picked up by all of the rabid conservative news sites and blogs, but somehow mangaed to be missed by every legitimate news gathering organization on the planet.

The one major daily I found that did weigh in paints an entirely different picture. Why is their reporting so starkly different from Brelitbart? I dunno - maybe they actually took the time to find the poll and read the results? Or maybe they didn't see the <snicker> Breitbart article with the misleading headline and pounce on it...

Sorry, Kanye: Poll finds black voters don&apos;t buy celebrity Trump endorsements - Chicago Tribune
Good - we are now back to the Thread Title.
There are plenty of "articles" about the NAACP Poll results, but they Cherry Pick the parts they like.

I found the Actual Poll and it's very interesting. Different from any other Poll I've dug up.

JULY 2018 MIDTERM SURVEY - NAACP, African American Research Collaborative & Latino Decisions

Some Key Points:

1). Poll targets registered voters in highly competitive midterm-election races, across 61 congressional districts (N = 2,045)
2). Respondents are from non-urban areas (which not only tend to have smaller minority populations but are also more likely to be “toss-up” elections)
3). Our survey is unique because it contains over-samples of African American (n = 400), White (n = 400), Latinx (n = 400), Asian/Pacific Islander (n = 400), and Native American (n = 400) voters.
4). No weighting at all for Party (Republican or Democrat) - No weighting for Demographics.

Before your read through the entire Poll with all the questions & answers (which I hope you will do as it's well laid out) - Note that they give EQUAL weight to all groups - Polls never do that. None of this "women/men" stuff and none of this Party stuff. Could be a couple of reasons for that and I think it's a really interesting concept - they polled population and the only criteria was Equal numbers of White, Black, Latino, Asian and Native American populace ..... we ALL should know that the numbers of Whites far outnumber the various Minorities. They even point out that the areas they polled have "fewer minorities" and yet they polled equal minorities. That's fairly significant.

I also found it interesting that all the articles are based on just a few of the results.
I don't think the results were what they were hoping for .... and this is why it was so hidden and cherry picked.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:18 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
1). Trump can't end immigration - so that is not a worry.

2). Our immigration policies are a total mess and have been for years. You listed most of the parts, but another large one is the way it's set up now -- Lawyers have to be hired for almost everything "immigration" .... it's a major boondoggle for THEM. It needs reform that simplifies.

3). When Democrats are in the Majority, including the Oval Office ....... NOTHING get's done, even though it is a major part of the "campaign" - Keep in mind that the Democrats had a Filibuster Proof Congress for almost over a year. When Democrats are in the Minority (House, Senate, Oval) they STOP any Legislation. It's always "vote for ME" and I will help YOU ..... but it never happens. It's all a Campaign Con.

I've noticed this trend for years - way too many people (Lobby groups, Money folks, Unions, Political Ideology) have widely different goals. For the first time in a long time -- the President is not beholden to any of those groups. IF we can get Republican Majorities (which he will then browbeat) - we actually have a chance to get some stuff done. It's a FACT that Democrats will obstruct everything and immediately start their 2020 Campaign ...... their Playbook is always the same.

Divide, Obstruct, Campaign - Never allow a Republican President to sign an Important Law for anything like "immigration" (or Health care, and other things THEY use for Campaign Talking Points)
You are correct and this is exactly why so many are in an uproar about Trump. He’s actually doing something about all the stuff past presidents of both parties campaigned on and then did nothing. But now the Dems and liberal groups that have been running the show for years are putting up every roadblock possible to prevent any change. They are even going so far as to stifle conservative speakers and videos on You Tube and other media options.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You all keep telling me how this works, but nobody has posted official guidance. Someone did, however, take the time to post a video of Joe Biden sharing what he thought a former president should do. I don't care about what anyone thinks. What is the official guidance? I'd imagine this would be easily accessible on the internet. You all are doing a lot of deflecting but not posting anything from the USG supporting your position.
They didn't post one because it is all conjecture ... same as your position.

Four steps to appointing a Supreme Court justice

Supreme Court Appointment Process

Old 11-09-2018, 04:29 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Well this thread hasn't aged well....

VOTES tell the story much more than some poll...

And 91% of black Americans who voted in midterms went democrat.

also, Donald Trump has insulted 4 black women reporters in thlast 48 hours

Old 11-09-2018, 04:31 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
You are correct and this is exactly why so many are in an uproar about Trump. He’s actually doing something about all the stuff past presidents of both parties campaigned on and then did nothing. But now the Dems and liberal groups that have been running the show for years are putting up every roadblock possible to prevent any change. They are even going so far as to stifle conservative speakers and videos on You Tube and other media options.
Doesn't change a thing. African Americans still largely dispprove of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies