Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 06:05 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times

Advertisements

Trump wants nothing more than to make money. I hope he wants to fly into space.
On a more serious note, I wonder how much more the ever growing deficit will cost our kids and grandkids due to his wackadoodle ideas.
Where the heck are the Republicans hiding when he suggests things like this on a whim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 12:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I haven't seen any comments about this yet, here or in the media.

We all know about Trump's "space force" idea. Even the Pentagon apparently disdains the idea, and of course it's being roundly mocked by comedians.

But the thing is, I believe that Trump CUT the NASA budget in a big way. So here's Trump: He's against the science of NASA for, say, research and exploration, but he just loves to contemplate space as a vehicle for the military to attack and threaten even more that he does now, like the dictatorial bully he is.
You need to read up on 'the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification program', it was a 490 page briefing report prepared for the Pentagon, that went into detail about all the R&D done on those unknown metals and materials the govt recovered from past UAPs, this was all done at Bigelow Aerospace, they got about $22 million in taxpayer money to modify buildings and R&D the stuff.

This report concluded that the United states military would be unable to defend against some of this technology...that is HUGE, I dont think the Govt has ever admitted that, at least publicly anyway!

So the Pentagon actually is taking this very seriously, as is all the DIA.

** I actually did a FOIA request for this report and was rejected, but in the rejection letter, they go into detail about why it was rejected, they refer to EBEs, CTBEs, etc. it was crazy, they were basically telling me my FOIA was rejected because documents relating to extraterrestrials are exempt from FOIA!

Old 08-11-2018, 12:36 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,562 times
BS, space force is just another grift from the trump carny caravan. They are creating a “brand” which is why the logos, which all look like eighth grade work, came so fast. So they can sell hats and T-shirts to the gullible rubes that make up Cult 45.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:52 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its FAR more about this. Massive military industrial complex is looking to grow even larger, and has picked this one. And to be fair....I like this one more then buying more carriers.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind a special force used to clean up all that trash left in orbit. Unfortunately our space program is unable to put our own personnel in space. That's one thing I doubt anyone can blame on the Orange one. Obama owns that one. We are taking longer to reinvent the wheel than it did to invent it in the first place.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:53 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Don't forget all the $$$ that will flow to corporations involved in the Space Farce.

Pence has jumped on this and has become the main proponent of it. Maybe he will try to ride it all the way into the Presidency? Would "Fundamentalists in Space" be a good title for a comic book?

Old 08-11-2018, 02:03 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:

We all know about Trump's "space force" idea. Even the Pentagon apparently disdains the idea, and of course it's being roundly mocked by comedians.

But the thing is, I believe that Trump CUT the NASA budget in a big way. So here's Trump: He's against the science of NASA for, say, research and exploration, but he just loves to contemplate space as a vehicle for the military to attack and threaten even more that he does now, like the dictatorial bully he is.
Prediction: 10 to 20 years from now, people like you will accuse him of being a Putin puppet for letting Russia get the drop on us in the development of space-based offense and defensive weapons systems.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:34 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Considering Russia and China are working on Military options in Space, this is not so odd.

This guy had a crazy idea that getting us in space would benefit us both militarily and commercially, ultimately resulting in the Creation of the Strategic Defense Initiative "Star Wars", a program that is the basis of our missile defense programs that we rely on today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2QS-zTWDxo

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-11-2018 at 02:58 AM..

Old 08-11-2018, 03:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:

Oh, it's just another example of his childish impulsiveness, not thinking it through, but thinks it "sounds great", and feels he would be looked up to for. It's another power-play, rather than considering doing anything that would be beneficial to others.

He doesn't take anything in, is not self-aware, reflective or considerate, just tosses out some impulsive notion. Then nobody around him stands up and tells him that he's off his rocker (not that some have not left the scene for that reason).

Old 08-11-2018, 04:26 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
So, your stance is that Trump is lying when he says he's starting something new?
No, I'm watching you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:55 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,548 times
Quote:
Ah! I was thinking more in terms of all the money that is being taken away from education, health care, etc.
Like the hundred and fifty BILLION in cash Obama shipped to Iran? Gee! That could have went other places too huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies