Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Indeed--and it is so silly that die hard liberals will still come on here and defend them. Even when overwhelming PROOF is shown to them, they blow it off and resort to name calling. Real mature
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 09:22 AM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
This kind of stuff really should make everyone think about how the press manipulates us.

I didn't vote for Trump. I agree with some of his policies (cutting regulation/taxes), and really hate others (tariffs). I am not a fan of the guy personally, but I have always distanced myself from politicians. It's strange to me that people can become such sycophants of certain figures (Trump and Obama both have their devout followers).

But, I don't see how any rational being can't say that the media coverage of the guy is biased against him. Trump deserves criticism at times AND the media is biased. Both things can be true. Planting people on a "panel of the people" is really unethical. And I don't buy that it was just an accident. Because all of the "mistakes" just so happened to be slighted towards one side.

Why can't we just be told the truth and allowed to make up our own minds? CNN has one purpose: to make money. And they do so by dividing us into tribal groups.

Last edited by ILRef; 08-13-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 09:26 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Who watches CNN anyway? I haven't watched them in years. To be fair though, I rarely watch any so called "news" channel anymore. I grew tired of tuning in for news and instead being given political agendas and incorrect or out of context information. I was out long before Trump coined the term "fake news."

Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
This kind of stuff really should make everyone think about how the press manipulates us.

I didn't vote for Trump. I agree with some of his policies (cutting regulation/taxes), and really hate others (tariffs). I am not a fan of the guy personally, but I have always distanced myself from politicians. It's strange to me that people can become such sycophants of certain figures (Trump and Obama both have their devout followers).

But, I don't see how any rational being can say that the media coverage of the guy is biased against him. Planting people on a "panel of the people" is really unethical. And I don't buy that it was just an accident. Because all of the "mistakes" just so happened to be slighted towards one side.

Why can't we just be told the truth and allowed to make up our own minds? CNN has one purpose: to make money. And they do so by dividing us into tribal groups.
I think you meant to say that you dont see how any rational being CAN'T say the media is biased..right?

Old 08-13-2018, 09:34 AM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I think you meant to say that you dont see how any rational being CAN'T say the media is biased..right?
Correct. I will edit.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
FOX IS the only FAKE NEWS. They work for your cult leader....
Spoken like a zombified cultist yourself there buddy.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
FOX IS the only FAKE NEWS. They work for your cult leader....
Really? got some proof? Don't worry we can wait while you contact your handler to get further instructions..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:24 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
This seems more a case of shoddy vetting than "a plant". Either way, shoddy "journalism" that shouldn't have passed the table. Or, quite simply the guy is a troll.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
This seems more a case of shoddy vetting than "a plant". Either way, shoddy "journalism" that shouldn't have passed the table. Or, quite simply the guy is a troll.
Has CNN even acknowledged this? Have they apologized? Or are they simply ignoring it, hoping it will go unnoticed?

Old 08-13-2018, 12:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Has CNN even acknowledged this? Have they apologized? Or are they simply ignoring it, hoping it will go unnoticed?
Don't know, I don't watch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies