Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 05:16 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We are talking about different things, you're talking about how one state voted (not the thread topic btw) and I'm talking about the topic of the thread, how Mormons voted nationally which shows Trump got 61% to Hitlary's 25%.

How the faithful voted: A preliminary 2016 analysis | Pew Research Center

I know lots of Mormons where I live and yeah they aren't crazy for Trump but they like Dim policies less....which is why Trump crushed Hillary with the Mormon vote.
Ah, ok. I was just thinking locally in Mormon central

Old 08-12-2018, 05:35 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I live in Utah also. Time will tell.
I am hoping for another 3rd party candidate.

Utah are not that stupid of going 3rd party and giving the election to the Democrats in Washington who have gone far left on issues that Mormons are against.

Romney and the anti-Trump Republicans in Utah (establishment) tried that in 2016 and failed and they have been exposed.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:49 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We had Mormon Romney as governor in Massachusetts and he did a great job. An honest, decent man. Massachusetts is not all Elizabeth Warren crazy types although it does tend to lean left. Romney was good because he was moderate and brought people together. He gave us universal health care before the rest of the country got it. If that's what Mormons are like, then they would be very anti Trump and pro finding a moderate middle of the road type of government.

Good to know, thank you, sounds very good to me!

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Utah are not that stupid of going 3rd party and giving the election to the Democrats in Washington who have gone far left on issues that Mormons are against.

Romney and the anti-Trump Republicans in Utah (establishment) tried that in 2016 and failed and they have been exposed.
Both parties need to go.

"And Monson and others noted that figure doesn’t tell the whole story, adding that it would be much higher at this point for most other Republican presidents.

“You might think at first glance Mormons are overwhelmingly pro-Trump, but they’re not overly enthusiastic about Trump,” Monson said. “Some Mormons are a little lost. They’re not Democrats, but they’re not sure of where the Republican Party is going."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-november.html

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
how's your "war on poverty" working for ya liberals? 60 years of FAIL.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:55 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Maybe the Mormons can see through Trump better than the Evangelicals. After in office and seeing what a gem Trump is, I’m shocked that the evangelicals would stick with this liar and con man.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Both parties need to go.

"And Monson and others noted that figure doesn’t tell the whole story, adding that it would be much higher at this point for most other Republican presidents.

“You might think at first glance Mormons are overwhelmingly pro-Trump, but they’re not overly enthusiastic about Trump,” Monson said. “Some Mormons are a little lost. They’re not Democrats, but they’re not sure of where the Republican Party is going."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-november.html

this article is misleading.......a lot of voters in the country like Mormons in Utah are not happy with the Republican leadership in congress from immigration reform and repealing Obamacare, which is not popular in Utah......you can't mix that with Trump which the articles does.

Utahns are going to vote Republican this November because even though they are not happy with the GOP establishment in Congress they don't want to see Pelosi and Shummer in control.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Maybe the Mormons can see through Trump better than the Evangelicals. After in office and seeing what a gem Trump is, I’m shocked that the evangelicals would stick with this liar and con man.

because they know Democrats are worse and a danger to the nation with a majority.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
A poll conducted by Y2 Analytics included 500 Utah caucus-goers who placed Trump in third place behind Cruz and John Kasich. In fact, 29 percent of the Republicans who participate in the survey said they would actually write in another candidate. Despite Mormons being the most Republican group in the U.S., seven percent would actually cast a vote for a Democratic candidate before voting for Trump.

“First we need a just and caring law balanced with the values and principles that we love our neighbors, that families stay together, and enforce just and compassionate laws,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf told the Deseret News in 2014.
https://universe.byu.edu/2016/03/21/...esnt-get-why1/

Sounds to me like they prefer "ANYONE, BUT Trump"!

the same polls that said Hillary in a landslide? LOL

Trump will win Utah in 2020 easily. This topic is silly.

Quote:
“First we need a just and caring law balanced with the values and principles that we love our neighbors, that families stay together, and enforce just and compassionate laws,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf told the Deseret News in 2014.

2014????LMAO!!!! Sounds like open borders and amnesty which the majority in Utah are against.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:28 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
1) LBJ was pro life and pro 2nd amendment since he was from Texas. He was for a strong defense ....he wouldn't win the nomination in the Democrat party today on just those 3 things alone.

2) Republicans supported the Civil Rights Act way before the Democrats. Republicans tried to pass it in the 50's and were rejected by the Democrats.

3) Reagan left the country better than when he found it....I guess you weren't born during the Carter years of high inflation and high unemployment. Trump so far is doing pretty good with 4% economic growth compare to less than 2% under Obama......try again!
BS.

Democrats are for strong defense and support the 2nd Amendment. They want sensible gun control laws, but that doesn't mean they are against the 2nd Amendment. Just as they are not for open borders. That's just bogus malarky spread to influence the gullible

As to Republicans supporting the Civil Rights Act in the 50's, how many times does it have to be explained that many switched parties during the Civll Rights movement? Look it up rather than just repeating lies.

We are talking about the here and now and LBJ's stand on Civil Rights would in no way fit with the current Republicans.

Reagan did not leave the country in better economic condition that he found it and Carter left it in about the same condition. Look it up. It's true.

As to Trump's one quarter of 4% GDP grown, this was juiced by Trump's tariff war nonsense. Lots of exports were shipped ahead of time to beat the tariffs. The next quarter is highly unlikely to meet this bar.

Also, Obama beat this 4% in one quarter several times.

No matter how many times you tell these lies, these are still lies.

Trump may get by with lying constantly, but he'd be called on it on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies