Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 04:56 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-xmw4xk_Y

"Many of the ideas and concepts related to racism that Blacks on the left hold dear, were often conceptualized by white liberals. Don't believe me? Just watch!"

Great video and so true. Using people, all of us.

Great video.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 10:33 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I disagree obviously.

I think progressives like Sanders indeed dont want to deal with racial problems. But not all Democrats.
Well, this is where I'm getting this from. Many Democrats will talk about racial issues, but rarely deliver. Other groups will get theirs but Blacks still finish last.

Vote for the person who tells you what you want to hear vs vote for the persons who openly lets you know he/she doesn't care about you. That is what I think it boils down to. For this reason, some people obsessing over who Black people vote for is kind of stupid.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:51 AM

Most Black people are not having a Pavlovian response to racism. Liberals weren't training Blacks to react in such ways. Black people were reacting like this before White liberals thought to "train them". Black people have had to deal with racism, bigotry, and attempts at people trying to get rid of them for ages. Black people have dealt with some of worst human rights abused the USA could throw at them. Pavlovian response? Maybe it has something to do with what Blacks have dealt with ever since being brought to this country by force for over 3 centuries. The only reason someone would say "liberals are training Blacks to react to racism" is because said person doesn't care what Blacks go through, or deep down, wants Black people to shut up and take whatever human rights abuses they have to deal with.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:57 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Most Black people are not having a Pavlovian response to racism. Liberals weren't training Blacks to react in such ways. Black people were reacting like this before White liberals thought to "train them". Black people have had to deal with racism, bigotry, and attempts at people trying to get rid of them for ages. Black people have dealt with some of worst human rights abused the USA could throw at them. Pavlovian response? Maybe it has something to do with what Blacks have dealt with ever since being brought to this country by force for over 3 centuries. The only reason someone would say "liberals are training Blacks to react to racism" is because said person doesn't care what Blacks go through, or deep down, wants Black people to shut up and take whatever human rights abuses they have to deal with.
I am not sure I agree with the "training" idea but politicians recognizing the opportunity to gain power by way of race dissension? Absolutely.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am not sure I agree with the "training" idea but politicians recognizing the opportunity to gain power by way of race dissension? Absolutely.
Politicians are certain opportunists. But it does not negate that Black people, more than anyone else, deal with alot of bigotry and racism relative to other groups, and have been dealing with it for the last 300+ years.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Politicians are certain opportunists. But it does not negate that Black people, more than anyone else, deal with alot of bigotry and racism relative to other groups, and have been dealing with it for the last 300+ years.
Do they recognize that politicians cannot "fix" it for them? Or that the opportunists won't do anything? That has also been going on for decades. We can agree on the relative to other groups.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Do they recognize that politicians cannot "fix" it for them? Or that the opportunists won't do anything? That has also been going on for decades. We can agree on the relative to other groups.
Well, who else can fix issues of bigotry and racism? You tell me who can help if neither conservatives or liberals. I'm asking this because it seems like for many persons, those are the only options available. If there are those who complain about Blacks voting for Democrats in large numbers, they might want to consider the perception many Blacks have of conservatives.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Well, who else can fix issues of bigotry and racism? You tell me who can help if neither conservatives or liberals. I'm asking this because it seems like for many persons, those are the only options available. If there are those who complain about Blacks voting for Democrats in large numbers, they might want to consider the perception many Blacks have of conservatives.
I wasn't complaining about blacks voting for democrats. It is about the mindset that politicians can fix your problems. While they can have a positive or negative effect on a local or the larger economy, to expect that electing a particular politician will cure what ails you is ineffectual IMO. Are you saying that blacks respond to being told what they want to hear (without actual results) and vote accordingly? Because if their "perception" of conservatives is based on what they are told then who is being led by the nose? I mean no offense with this post.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I can’t believe that black folks fall for the a Democratic BS after all the years of abuse they have received at their hands. Time after time these Democratic race hustlers are exposed as actual terrible racists themselves and still the blacks vote Democrat.

It’s the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome in history.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I wasn't complaining about blacks voting for democrats. It is about the mindset that politicians can fix your problems. While they can have a positive or negative effect on a local or the larger economy, to expect that electing a particular politician will cure what ails you is ineffectual IMO. Are you saying that blacks respond to being told what they want to hear (without actual results) and vote accordingly? Because if their "perception" of conservatives is based on what they are told then who is being led by the nose? I mean no offense with this post.
Politicians can't fix everyone. However, the Civil Rights Act certainly helped in many things.

The perception of conservatives has little to do with what Democrats tell them. It has alot to do with things like Barry Goldwater not supporting the Civil Rights Act. It has something to do with Reagan and his "I suppose states' rights" speech, in Mississippi of all places. It has something to do with the perception that conservatives resonate with alot of Anti-Black types.

I also see other things. You don't tell people who already work for a living "seek jobs not food stamps". Newt Gingrich did that. He either seemed oblivious to job discrimination that many Blacks (especially men) face, or he didn't care and was just talking down on Blacks". Rick Santorum's comment "I don't want Blacks being successful on my dollars". Basically, talking about Black people as if they are some pest or pain in the rear to deal with. Why vote for someone who feels like you are a pain in the rear end to deal with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies