Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 11:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-xmw4xk_Y

"Many of the ideas and concepts related to racism that Blacks on the left hold dear, were often conceptualized by white liberals. Don't believe me? Just watch!"

Great video and so true. Using people, all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 11:20 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Middle aged white liberals are the worst.

Nothing but a bunch of self hating idiots who actually look down on black people, like black people are too dumb to manage their own lives, they need the great white hope to save them.

I mean how condescending do you have to be. If I was a black person I'd be pissed off about that, like how dare you, you don't need to protect me.......

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-12-2018 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-12-2018, 05:50 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
We live in a county in Florida with many races and cultures. My daughter looks white and is a minority at her school. I know the teachers who are the movers and shakers at her school and when I went to volunteer last week to help them out, they showed me the major changes happening. My response, "it's about time. The state should have backed off from grading schools until effective teaching was taking place at all schools." My daughter's school is a "C" school.

Her response: Elyn. It's all meant to line the pockets of politicians and their families and friends who sell their "programs" to the school. Have you ever noticed that test scores go up on election years? Also, why do you think we have to wait for computerized test scores? They fudge the numbers if the money isn't there.

Now, yes, it all sounds like conspiracy theories. Haha. But the reality is that all these minority children needed was good teaching. Not expensive programs that are meant to *bridge the gap.* or those politicians who say vote for me and I will bridge that gap. That gap wouldn't be there if effective systems were in place. Systems that lead children to independence.

So why do I call it conspiracy theories and how does it relate to the OP? There really is no evidence that she can produce. Also, I truly believe that people really do mean well and want to help, but their *help* just leads to more dependence. They don't realize it especially when they are getting paid for it, reinforcement.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:02 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Middle aged white liberals are the worst.

Nothing but a bunch of self hating idiots who actually look down on black people, like black people are too dumb to manage their own lives, they need the great white hope to save them.

I mean god damn, how condescending do you have to be. If I was a black person I'd be pissed off about that, like how dare you, you don't need to protect me.......
Also the coastal elite white liberals are such hypocrites. Here in the New York / New Jersey area, these white liberals claim to be color blind but they only live in their segregated mostly white communities. They would NEVER ever step foot in the poor black ghettos.

They are also highly NIMBY. Fighting against homeless shelters and high density development for fear of outsiders moving into their neighborhoods. This while extolling the virtues of sanctuary cities and open borders.

The Left are such unbelievable hypocrites.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:09 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

"Many of the ideas and concepts related to racism that Blacks on the left hold dear, were often conceptualized by white liberals. Don't believe me? Just watch!"

Like Cliff Clavin spouting some obscure fact no one ever knew. Do you know confederate statues are an insult to you! I never knew that! Feel offended? No. Well you should! But I don't feel offended. Either you feel offended or you are a racist! the portals of social justice, formerly called schools, picks up the ball and perpetuates the propaganda.

Telling someone how they should feel is the bane of diversity training. Something that should never be done and is unacceptable as it denigrates the person being told.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:15 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
The White Liberal mayor of the larger city in my metro area is destroying homeless camps and having the homeless chased like dogs yet bends over backwards for being a welcoming city for immigrants. He is also tearing down most public housing complexes near downtown in an effort to move poor Blacks from downtown out to the working class suburbs.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:53 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:

Back to the OP...

Black Americans don't need to be trained by anyone. They've lived their entire lives in a racist country as did their parents and grandparents all the way back to the days of slavery. I find that video to be extremely insulting. The premise is that racism is not a real phenomenon in America today. Therefore, Blacks must be "trained" to respond in certain ways. If blacks are being trained by anyone, it's by racists and bigots on the right starting with Donald Trump and his "good people on both sides" statement.

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 08-12-2018 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-12-2018, 11:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Back to the OP...

Black Americans don't need to be trained by anyone. They've live their entire lives in a racist country as did their parents and grandparents all the way back to the days of slavery. I find that video to be extremely insulting. The premise is that racism is not a real phenomenon in America today. Therefore, Blacks must be "trained" to respond in certain ways. If blacks are being trained by anyone, it's by racists and bigots on the right starting with Donald Trump and his "good people on both sides" statement.
So you don't believe there are good people on both sides? Then both sides are bad and that is true as well. Why not emphasize the good people then? Politicians make money on keeping people divided and stirred up to vote for them. Follow the money.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:14 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:

When I hear/read the term "woke" I think of people like this guy.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:20 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Does the OP really think that comparing blacks to dogs is helpful for her side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies