Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:22 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,729,381 times

Advertisements

This type of media coordination against Trump is nothing new. It's been going on since the get-go, it's just the first time the MSM has admitted it. They are not the 'free press', they're 'conspirators'.

Wikileaks exposed the HRC off-the-record, invitation-only, event where she laid out her "expectations" of the MSM during her announcement and launch period of her campaign. At this same meeting she also explained to the MSM how she wanted to "Frame the HRC message" and "Frame the race". The MSM literally sat down with the HRC campaign, off-the-record, prior to her announcement & took orders from her on how to cover her and the race. It was like a staff meeting.

Look at the compromised outlets who attended. These outlets are the enemy of the people:

ABC
AP
Bloomberg
Buzzfeed
CBS
CNBC
CNN
Daily Beast
GPG
Huffington Post
LA Times
McClatchy
More
MSNBC
National Journal
NBC
NPR
New Yorker
NYT
People
Politico
Reuters
The Hill
WaPo
WSJ
Vice
Vox

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...lary-advisors/

Old 08-12-2018, 07:33 AM

37,764 posts, read 40,880,036 times
If we distrust the news media why would they think we'd care about what the 70 news organizations had to say?

Old 08-12-2018, 07:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump labeled the news media “the enemy of the American people” a month after taking the oath of office. In the year that followed, a CNN analysis concluded, he used the word “fake” — as in “fake news,” “fake stories,” “fake media” or “fake polls” — more than 400 times. He once fumed, the New York Times reported, because a TV on Air Force One was tuned to CNN.

The rally calls for the opinion writers that staff newspaper editorial boards to produce independent opinion pieces about Trump’s attacks on the media. So far, according to the Associated Press, 70 news organizations have agreed — from large metropolitan daily newspapers such as the Miami Herald and Denver Post to small weekly newspapers with four-digit circulation numbers.
“The problem, of course, is that there is war on the press being conducted by the president of the United States and his supporters. To say otherwise would violate a different commandment. Yes, it’s imperative to keep your cool. It is equally imperative to state what is true.”
‘Not the enemy of the people’: 70 news organizations will blast Trump’s attack on the media

IMO, what they should do, is totally BOYCOTT, THE NON-HUMAN SCUM! Never report ANYTHING on IT!
I would love to see NOTHING REPORTED reported on IT, UNTIL IT'S THROWN OUT OF OUR WHITE HOUSE!
Not the enemy of liberals since they spew out what you want to hear.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,243,451 times
Okay, we understand your hatred for President Trump. But he isn't "scum" and he isn't "non-human." He was elected Constitutionally in what was nearly (if not actually) a landslide election. A complete repudiation of the policies of the preceding eight long, difficult years.

He refers to much of the media (primarily MSNBC and CNN) as "fake news" for good reason. Much of what they claim is false. They make up stories and report them as truth. They ignore what is true ...the growth in our economy, the expansion of jobs, the low unemployment (which includes the lowest unemployment for black Americans in history), and a foreign policy that has resulted in the decimation of ISIS, renewed respect for America (yeah, some of our foreign "friends" complain ...so what? Let them).

He has taken us out of the illegal "Iran deal" Obama made on his own, without Congress, with an enemy of the United States. And he removed us from the unconstitutional "Climate Accord." (All such agreements must be made pursuant to our Constitution. It was not)

That some people don't like him isn't a reason to remove him from office. A lot of people, me included, didn't like Obama. Obama is responsible for the destruction of probably the best health care system in the world. With Obamacare, it became unaffordable for a vast number of people, with deductibles in the ten's of thousands, and premiums higher than a mortgage payment, meaning the insurance was worthless for all but a catastrophic health event. Many people lost their jobs, and many full time jobs became part time. People had to work two jobs to survive, and unemployment and people on welfare hit record levels.

The claim that "he lost the popular vote" is invalid. We aren't a democracy. We are 50 sovereign states, and each state votes independently for President. He won more states; i.e., more electoral votes than Hillary. Hillary only took a low number of more heavily populated states.

And, by the way, President Trump doesn't "fume." He's the President. He can have the TV's on AF One tuned to whatever channel he chooses. I wouldn't have them on CNN either. And I also wouldn't believe anything the New York Times says. It's well known that they hate the President. The "Newspaper of record" isn't worth using for fishwrap. It's trash.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:04 AM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Shame that there are people like the OP who believe the garbage being spewed by the slanted Media.
She, most Liberals and the Liberal media just continue to get worse every week.

The great part is that Trump is turning out to be a pretty darn good President. That's driving them crazy.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,070,068 times
Quote:
Trump labeled the news media “the enemy of the American people” a month after taking the oath of office. In the year that followed, a CNN analysis concluded, he used the word “fake” — as in “fake news,” “fake stories,” “fake media” or “fake polls” — more than 400 times. He once fumed, the New York Times reported, because a TV on Air Force One was tuned to CNN.

The rally calls for the opinion writers that staff newspaper editorial boards to produce independent opinion pieces about Trump’s attacks on the media. So far, according to the Associated Press, 70 news organizations have agreed — from large metropolitan daily newspapers such as the Miami Herald and Denver Post to small weekly newspapers with four-digit circulation numbers.
“The problem, of course, is that there is war on the press being conducted by the president of the United States and his supporters. To say otherwise would violate a different commandment. Yes, it’s imperative to keep your cool. It is equally imperative to state what is true.”
‘Not the enemy of the people’: 70 news organizations will blast Trump’s attack on the media

IMO, what they should do, is totally BOYCOTT, THE NON-HUMAN SCUM! Never report ANYTHING on IT!
I would love to see NOTHING REPORTED reported on IT, UNTIL IT'S THROWN OUT OF OUR WHITE HOUSE!

I agree totally that any coverage of his BS should be boycotted. He thrives on the attention and I have often said he should be deprived of it.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
That's driving them crazy
It is, and it's too funny!

Old 08-12-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

I agree totally that any coverage of his BS should be boycotted. He thrives on the attention and I have often said he should be deprived of it.
So, you and the OP don't care to have real news reported ...only the BS from CNN and MSNBC, the sour pusses on the airwaves who look like death warmed over.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 AM

18,554 posts, read 7,317,149 times
Quote:
Thus proving him right.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times
You need some fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.