Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 09:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I said it provides more security but don't be fooled into thinking it provides 100% security. You would need tight security protocols that defend that air gap. You are going to have software, hardware and election officials that are going to need access to these machines with electronic devices, even something as simple as USB stick.

i understand all that, my brother works for IBM, but thank you for treating me like i am a five year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 03:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL.

What is completely missed by this nonsense article, is that ....

the hacker had to have unrestricted physical access to the machine with specialized equipment.

These machines are not connected to any network when in use and hence CAN'T be hacked this way. People can even change paper ballots too if they have unrestricted physical access to the box holding the ballots.

Common sense has checked out for sure it seems.

You ruined the narrative.

The Russians pulled a desk up to the voting machines and hooked their keyboard and mouse to it and no one noticed. They sure are good.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:17 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
the red tide is destroying the west coast of Florida, soon people will have to leave due to health concerns.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:23 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the red tide is destroying the west coast of Florida, soon people will have to leave due to health concerns.
Exacerbated by Rick Scott and the Sugar Industry. Google it.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:26 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Exacerbated by Rick Scott and the Sugar Industry. Google it.
That's more opinion than fact.

I've been here for 2 years.
Alot of talk from folks who don't know how it works here like to claim it's because of the sugar industry.
That isn't the full truth. Lake Okeechobee is big enough to be considered a sea. The lake is enormous. That lake floods? Kiss all points east west and south goodbye. It has to be purged. If not... every snowbird city will be under water.

Points south pump flood water up to lake Okeechobee and those paths along with the purge path of Lake O run through farm lands. The simple remedy would be to put clay near the waterways to prevent fertilizers from leeching into the run off ditches.
Farms in NY had to do the same if there were any streams running through their property. 2 of my buddies who had farms had to do just that because of algae growing in fresh water streams that ran through the back of their fields. Rain run off would move fertilizers into the stream. They had to dig down and put tons of clay down along with a berm about 2 feet high near the bank of the streams.

In all of the towns and cities I've worked in down here, I have yet to hit rock, I have yet to hit viable soil, it's all sand. I have yet to hit clay. In some areas digging only 3 to 4 feet deep you hit water. That's why not one house down here has a basement. You would need sump pumps running non stop and the foundations would surely crumble due to water intrusion.

Some call for filtration of the purge water. Most call to stop purging the lake. You stop purging the lake, the state floods. Want to filter the water? You will need quite a tax hike to do it. There is more to Florida than HOAs and coastal vacation spots. Who pays the tab to truck in 100s of millions of tons of clay? Farms? Or the state where they dug out canals for run off?
It really is that simple of a solution to put a clay barrier near the edge of the canals to prevent fertilizers washing into the canals.
Maybe even run a pipeline from the lake and it's canals to California so they can have irrigation systems in their forests to combat wildfires?

So the question is. Who pays? Coastal residents and businesses affected by algae? Broward and Dade for pumping flood water back to the lake? The state for the drainage canals? The farms and residents inland?
It isn't solely sugar farms. There's alot of dairy and beef farms in the areas. I spend most of my weekends in rural Florida. As always, a scapegoat needs to exist rather than examine everything in fine detail... blame Rick Scott, who I'm no fan of, and "big sugar". Because that's the NIMBY and transplant thing to do...

Old 08-15-2018, 08:18 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
I remember 2000 and the hanging chad
Al Gore lost and he got mad
A group of 2nd graders from Arkansas
Understood the ballot posed
But Floridians can't count the digits
On their toes ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies