Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 05:51 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Your narrative would make more sense if right wing Republicans were protesting the presence of Nazis, but looks like they didn't show up for that purpose either.

You should really do some research....and research is not listening to the msm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Right Wing != White supremacist

As demonstrated by a poor turn out of a rally organized by a white supremacist. This runs counter to the claims that all right wingers are white supremacists, whodathunkit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
But but all Republicans are racist , the media and my liberal college professor told me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Poor beb0t, it means the vast population of right wing racists exist only in your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
BeOp and liberals think it’s a triumph when their people throw urine on cops, shout “No Borders, no USA” “Nazi Cops!”
Destroy property, and harass reporters.

They got so out of control they had to be tear gassed — what a triumph......

Beebopper.....ouch....................

I'd have run from this thread also....

ETA: This thread was merged....

Old 08-13-2018, 05:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You left out the part where the "enlightened" leftists there attacked the police instead. Now that is truly sad.
So he left out what didn't happen???

Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You should really do some research....and research is not listening to the msm....
I read this and think that,

Pot, kettle , black ............all apply here.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 AM

All this thread shows is that the left cannot be wrong (even when they are).

When this was first started, oh, here we go again, more death from the nazi's.......all those on the right are kkk...Nazis...blah blah blah,.....

Now, nothing happened, and there are like see see see......there are no supporters.....

Old 08-13-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I read this and think that,

Pot, kettle , black ............all apply here.

Yep, the left was wrong in the beginning when they found this march was going to happen, and they are still wrong...you called it, they need to research...congrats, there maybe some light ahead of you yet.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This was the saddest little parade of white supremacists in the history of the world. There were more racists in the White House than marching in the street in front of it. How utterly humiliating. Sucks to be them <snicker>.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washingto...100957983.html

Not many white supremacists in the USA, is there.
Who wants to be associated with that?

Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Your narrative would make more sense if right wing Republicans were protesting the presence of Nazis, but looks like they didn't show up for that purpose either.
Dude I've been to bigger pool parties than this turn out. Why waste my time, there was only 20 or so people.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Let them assemble. I'm all for it, so they can be identified and shunned.

Let them speak. I majored in Journalism, and 1A is sacred. I would not ever want their Freedom of Speech to be infringed,

<<<BY THE CONGRESS>>>.

That said, I would not grant them police protection to speak. That is NOT a part of the Constitution. Let them say what they will, own it, and reap the consequences of their speech among a Free People.

Those consequences are also Free Speech. You have the right to speak, I have the right to shout you down, and the government does not have the right to stop either of us.

See how that works...?
Got to disagree with you there, Cueball, on the police protection.

However, I do agree that they should reap the consequences of their actions.

Charlottesville was a disaster for many alt-righters, with several still embroiled in legal proceedings.

James Alex Fields Jr. of Ohio, the guy who killed Heather Heyer, goes on trial in November on 30 counts including hate crimes resulting in death and bodily injury.

Christopher Cantwell of New Hampshire (best known for sobbing at the thought of his imminent arrest) was recently banned from entering the state of Virginia for five years. Also banned from Facebook, Istagram, and OKCupid.

Jacob Scott Goodwin of Arkansas was convicted by a jury for participating in the assault in the parking garage.

Alex Michael Ramos of Georgia was convicted of "malicious wounding" as well.

Daniel Borden of Ohio entered an Alford plea -- a guilty plea where the defendant does not admit to the criminal act but maintains he is innocent. Seems strange to me, but whatever.

Goodwin, Ramos, and Borden will be sentenced later this month.

Tyler Watkins Davis of Florida is facing a jury trial that is expected to get underway on September 17.

On top of these legal problems, numerous Charlottesville attendees had their identities revealed — which resulted not just in public shaming but in some attendees getting fired from their jobs.

"Neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin warned people to not go to Unite the Right 2, writing, “Getting doxed as a neo-Nazi street fighter will ruin your life, forever.”

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...sville-failure

Indeed. Cole White lost his job at the hot dog hut in Berkeley. (Whaaaat?)

So, all in all, despite the snappy khaki pants and polo shirts, the alt-right folks did not leave a very positive impression in Charlottesville and understandably, many are now wary of such rallies.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And I'm sure you were hoping for another death....
Never even crossed my mind, but it is telling it crossed yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies