Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:34 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times

Advertisements

The Trump[ Administration is like a bull in a china shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 04:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The Trump[ Administration is like a bull in a china shop.
Good that means he is doing the job we elected him to do and "MAGA" in the process.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm pro-life. It makes me squirm on that level. Here we had a couple step up to give a baby a better life and this is how they are treated.

It's why the pro-choice side can correctly point out why so many are pro-life only until the baby has been born. Then its "fend for yourself".
Its up to congress to solve this problem and it existed before Trump ever ran for office. Its not a one party problem either. The American people have been demanding congress get the job done and they fail time and time again. Cherry picking individual situations can be done on both sides.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its up to congress to solve this problem and it existed before Trump ever ran for office.
Irrelevant to what Trump does while in office.

Quote:
Its not a one party problem either. The American people have been demanding congress get the job done and they fail time and time again. Cherry picking individual situations can be done on both sides.
We are discussing this instance.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Irrelevant to what Trump does while in office.

Trump is personally involved in this instance.

We are discussing this instance.
Trump isn't personally involved in this instance and it has nothing to do with prolife either. You want to talk about this instance under your own rules or are they only rules you have for others ?

How international adoptions are handled on immigration comes under the State Dept. who will make the decisions. Like it or not.
They made decisions that I didn't like and they cost me thousands of dollars in the process. I let them know about it too. It didn't change anything. They didn't care. Mom cared but they didn't act like mom.

Last edited by phma; 08-13-2018 at 05:36 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 05:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Trump isn't personally involved in this instance and it has nothing to do with prolife either. You want to talk about this instance under your own rules or are they only rules you have for others ?

How international adoptions are handled on immigration comes under the State Dept. who will make the decisions. Like it or not.
They made decisions that I didn't like and they cost me thousands of dollars in the process. I let them know about too. It didn't change anything. They didn't care. Mom cared but they act like mom.
If pro lifers speak up Trump has to listen.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:

They made decisions that I didn't like and they cost me thousands of dollars in the process. I let them know about it too. It didn't change anything. They didn't care. Mom cared but they didn't act like mom.
International adoption has nothing to do with the State Department. Angela travels to the United States under a Peruvian passport. Once she enters (with that missing immigration visa), she's automatically a US citizen herself - at which point she can then apply to State for a US passport, or not.

Curious, I took a look. Since Angela had already been adopted without the family pre-requesting USCIS approval then they needed to file using a different pathway. That pathway requires that Angela have been in their legal custody in Peru for 2 years with the adoption finalized. The second criteria has been met but I don't know about the first.

But the article stated:
"The family said it has reached out to immigration attorneys but has been unsuccessful in figuring out why Angela’s case has been denied.
A letter explaining the decision should be available within the next few weeks."

So if immigration attorneys are confused then who knows. But does no one at Immigration even talk to the folks who pay their salaries? Angela's mom filed once she returned home for her new job. Should you need an attorney to fill out paperwork that is readily available on the internet?

Nothing about immigration is simple these days.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
From your link OP.

The left is constantly telling us how horrible America is. Why would we want to put a child in such a terrible situation ? Do we really need more victims?
I seem to recall a candidate that used a “ Make America Great Again” and appealed to people who perceived themselves victims and the candidate as their savior.

That’s what politicians do, no matter their stripes.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
International adoption has nothing to do with the State Department. Angela travels to the United States under a Peruvian passport. Once she enters (with that missing immigration visa), she's automatically a US citizen herself - at which point she can then apply to State for a US passport, or not.

Curious, I took a look. Since Angela had already been adopted without the family pre-requesting USCIS approval then they needed to file using a different pathway. That pathway requires that Angela have been in their legal custody in Peru for 2 years with the adoption finalized. The second criteria has been met but I don't know about the first.

But the article stated:
"The family said it has reached out to immigration attorneys but has been unsuccessful in figuring out why Angela’s case has been denied.
A letter explaining the decision should be available within the next few weeks."

So if immigration attorneys are confused then who knows. But does no one at Immigration even talk to the folks who pay their salaries? Angela's mom filed once she returned home for her new job. Should you need an attorney to fill out paperwork that is readily available on the internet?

Nothing about immigration is simple these days.
All immigration is handled by the State Dept. If there is a problem with the adoption that is causing the State Department to deny Angela's case is unknown. That may not be the issue.
She entered on a tourist visa not an immigration visa. And no, she is not an automatic citizen. No one is unless born that way. Not adopted that way. No such thing. Even legal resident green card holders have to maintain their home country passport. They aren't citizens here. They don't trade one passport for another.
She can not be in the country on a tourist visa and apply for an immigration visa. That isn't allowed for anyone. But as you correctly stated we shall see when the letter arrives.
The reason for a lawyer is very simple if there is the slightest error on the paperwork the process starts all over again and all fees paid will have to be paid again. The State Dept. makes that very clear at the beginning of the process. In a complicated immigration case a lawyer is highly advisable.

What I see from the OP's link is the parents decide what they were going to do without consideration to what the State Dept. requires they do. In other words they didn't know what they were doing and now they want some special consideration.

Last edited by phma; 08-13-2018 at 07:26 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 07:02 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I seem to recall a candidate that used a “ Make America Great Again” and appealed to people who perceived themselves victims and the candidate as their savior.

That’s what politicians do, no matter their stripes.
+1, nice post .I see how the trumpettes ignore it when you go after them with facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies