Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 10:30 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's not the American way, and immigrants didn't make the country great, and we are not a nation of immigrants. Those are all stupid politically calculated lies.

And none of what you said -- even if it were true, which it's not -- would be in the slightest way responsive to the moral argument that it's flat-out evil for immigrants to betray their new nation by advocating further immigration.
Really? We are not a nation of immigrants? I guess I need to tell my Grandparents and Great Great Grandparents they never existed. Immigrants didn't expand westward and build this nation? I guess you should let the Irish American, Polish American, Italian American, and all the other ethnic Americans in on that secret.

It's evil that anyone who benefited from immigration would want to pass along a good thing? Only a selfish anus would put forth a "I got mine, get lost " attitude.

Do yourself a favor and buy a grade school history book before you come on here and make a fool of yourself again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This administration is full of some very shady characters, but, IMO, Miller is about the worst of the lot. He even looks like a weasel. When Trump said he can pick the best and brightest, at least I can say he is consistent in the kind of people he selects...……..and that isn't a compliment.
Miller looks to me, like one of the actors with non-speaking roles, in the "Night of the Living Dead".

Old 08-14-2018, 05:58 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,254 times
Miller's family came here in 1903, when the population was 76 million and we had no welfare state. Suggesting that we adopt an open door immigration policy like we had then is not only stupid but suicidal. Glossar apparently doesn't know, or doesn't care that his fellow Jews in Europe are suffering increasingly violent attacks by muslim migrants while he supports importing the same problems here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-b...b_9395896.html

https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/01/1...-the-new-cool/

Old 08-14-2018, 06:04 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
So another leftist with TDS is throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way on election night.

Next.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Not even a story

Old 08-14-2018, 06:23 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Really? We are not a nation of immigrants? I guess I need to tell my Grandparents and Great Great Grandparents they never existed. Immigrants didn't expand westward and build this nation? I guess you should let the Irish American, Polish American, Italian American, and all the other ethnic Americans in on that secret.

It's evil that anyone who benefited from immigration would want to pass along a good thing? Only a selfish anus would put forth a "I got mine, get lost " attitude.

Do yourself a favor and buy a grade school history book before you come on here and make a fool of yourself again.

We are no longer a nation of immigrants but a nation of U.S. born native citizens. It's time to shed that stupid label that pretends we have no national identity today and that we are obligated to take in every foreigner who wants to migrate here. Our native born citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population.

We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so your "I got mine, get lost" claim is ridiculous. It's just that today we are no longer in need of nation builders and our population growth has exploded with a scarcety of job and resources.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Every family has an extremist liberal.... Why is this even news?
Butthurt TDS

Old 08-14-2018, 12:17 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We are no longer a nation of immigrants but a nation of U.S. born native citizens. It's time to shed that stupid label that pretends we have no national identity today and that we are obligated to take in every foreigner who wants to migrate here. Our native born citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population.

We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so your "I got mine, get lost" claim is ridiculous. It's just that today we are no longer in need of nation builders and our population growth has exploded with a scarcety of job and resources.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. My point is we are a great country because we are in fact a nation of immigrants. We all owe our existence here today due to the fact that our ancestors made the decision to come here. The "I got mine, get lost" statement comes from the fact that by happy accident you and I were born in this country simply because someone immigrated here in the past. It's disingenuous to deny anyone else the opportunity to live here when we are here ourselves by random chance.

While it's true that we are not loading covered wagons and heading out to empty wilderness, there's still plenty of room for anyone who wants to come here for a better way of life. Not to mention, the inventor of the next life changing technology or medical miracle may just be waiting for chance to come to our country. There's no reason to be afraid of immigration. It's has been, and always will be, a great thing for our country.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Agreed. There is something manic about his thinking, like an enraged dog.

Trump attracts some very creepy hangers-on and Miller is a good example of that. Trump is a magnet for negativity and vices.
Yes. And, even when they start out acting somewhat "normal," they go down hill fast. Like attracts like.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Every family has an extremist liberal.... Why is this even news?
More than likely Stephen Miller is the outlier in his own family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies