Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 09:16 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Yeah but he got assault charges she didn't.
That's bullsh*t white knighting at it's finest. Call the game fair or don't call it at all for chirst's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 09:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
I watched that video 3 times, she initiated the contact. She was in his face and struck at him. Woman or no woman, when they start acting like that, all bets are off.

He was simply reacting and it stopped the attack on him right there.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I watched that video 3 times, she initiated the contact. She was in his face and struck at him. Woman or no woman, when they start acting like that, all bets are off.

He was simply reacting and it stopped the attack on him right there.
Nonsense. I looked at it 8 or 9 times. She simply brushed him away as she left. He pursued her and threw the punch. Guilty - beyond a doubt.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. I looked at it 8 or 9 times. She simply brushed him away as she left. He pursued her and threw the punch. Guilty - beyond a doubt.
Okay. Next time somebody angrily steps up into your grill in an aggressive manner and then flings a hand at your face, you better just let them get away with it so they won't even think twice about doing it to the next person.

It is unfortunate, but sometimes you have to lay down the law with people who never learned where the line is. Well adjusted people know where it is instinctively and rarely cross it.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:55 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
The woman should have slapped the kid. If I was the store owner I'd have been satisfied with that. If she did nothing or defended the kid or started a physical confrontation with the shop owner, she deserved to get punched. And the video shows she DID initiate the physical confrontation and he was justified in punching her. Now cue the racists who will attack the shop owner because he's Asian.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:58 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The punch was definitely a greater physical reaction than was called for, but the story also said she threw the keychain. Is there some reason she couldn't have handed it back to the guy like most others probably would have when they realized their child had done something wrong? Sheesh. Looks like the kid was young enough that they didn't fully understand, but mom could even let it be a teaching moment and had the kid give it back. But no, why do that when you can turn it into a fight instead and show your kid how not to behave. SMH
She said the reason she threw it was because she was in the middle of disciplining her kid.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
She said the reason she threw it was because she was in the middle of disciplining her kid.
And that's ok?

Old 08-13-2018, 10:13 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And that's ok?

Did I say it was okay?

Old 08-13-2018, 10:20 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Black people forget that Asians have zero guilt or pity on them. Or fear of being called racist for putting one in their place if they're asking for it. They don't care.
This comment is so strange to read. Are you Asian? Do Asians monolithically have zero guilt or pity? Was there a vote among the Asian community (an ethnically extremely diverse population in and of itself, covering multiple countries, faiths, etc.) about how they care or do not care if they are called racists?

This kind of us/them nonsense is not what our nation needs right now. A shop owner got into a scuffle with a client whose son took a trinket without paying. Why must every news story be presented and chewed to pieces in terms of the races of the parties involved? I've been around long enough to remember when current events didn't emphasize racial elements unless they were material to the story.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
She attacks him and he gets criminal charges? I hope he makes a gofundme page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies