Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 12:17 PM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Having a black police force to police black folks will be far worse than how blacks presume how a mostly white police force treat them. Did you see the video of a black police officer in Baltimore pummel that the crap out of a black civilian? it was really horrible and disturbing. My best bet is for blacks to police themselves without the need of the police. Blacks will blame white supremacy and racism on an all black police force.
Actually, a black co-worker was arrested at a campus we were working at. And one officer was white and the other one was black. The black officer was really rude to my friend and seemed embarrassed that it was a black man they were having to deal with.

But at the least, I'd like it to be an all black police unit trying to solve black on black murders and crimes. I'm tired of them blaming whitey for not doing enough for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 12:20 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,421,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I didn't expect you to make a rational argument. Most racists can't.

Thank you for your comments.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:38 PM

900 posts, read 371,626 times
he was very brave, because if there was a black man close the story would end badly for him.

We have seen this history, Hispanics and blacks lived in conflict until the Hispanic community was totally taken by the black culture, today Hispanics and blacks live well.

the newly arrived Asians are going to live in the ghettos occupied by blacks and Hispanics because they are poor immigrants and the conflict has grown.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,940,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
he was very brave, because if there was a black man close the story would end badly for him.

We have seen this history, Hispanics and blacks lived in conflict until the Hispanic community was totally taken by the black culture, today Hispanics and blacks live well.

the newly arrived Asians are going to live in the ghettos occupied by blacks and Hispanics because they are poor immigrants and the conflict has grown.
Certain Hispanic groups live well with blacks such as Caribbean Hispanics like Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Cubans. Non Caribbean Hispanics is different issue when it comes to relations with blacks.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Often quite true and I wish it would stop all around, but too many of us love the divisiveness and so it sells and makes money for the people reporting the stories and gives more platforms for those with bigot views to spout off their hatefulness. No one wins it just continues to fuel hostilities. It's just so difficult from my part to stay quiet when I see the bigotry around these parts, do I let it go unchallenged or do I say my piece, knowing it makes little difference in these parts.

I never knew so much outright hate still existed blacks till I became a member of this site. Now I question so many more of my encounters. I hate feeling this way, but, what my eyes have been opened over the years where as I once was of the thought that some of us made too much out of some things, I now know I had my head in the sand. I grew up always having a diverse group of friends from the time I could walk and of course I knew racism existed, I wasn't immune to it's reach. I just never witness it to the degree I have since living in the NC, FL and participating on forums like this.

BTW, I don't support any of the behaviors of the people in those neighborhoods who act as they do toward the proprietors of those nail or beauty shops, those folks should hang their heads in shame. But so should some of the store owners in how they treat their customers no matter the ethnicity.
Very true. Divisivness creates a lot of click-bait, therefore a lot of ad revenue for media conglomerates.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:50 PM

My thing is this. Black women can get degree, after degree, after the degree. The white supremacist financial institutions gives black women, loan, after loan, after loan for education. Yet such people are not going to the bank to take out a loan to start a business in their own community. I don't understand this, but yet they want to protest.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:58 PM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times
Quote:
My thing is this. Black women can get degree, after degree, after the degree. The white supremacist financial institutions gives black women, loan, after loan, after loan for education. Yet such people are not going to the bank to take out a loan to start a business in their own community. I don't understand this, but yet they want to protest.
You don't need a degree to open up a convenience store. And a loan isn't needed either. All that is needed is having a family or friends being willing to pool their financial resources and also work in the store without pay until the store is up and running.

And one of the things holding black women back, aside from a tendency to be a single mother, is they need to stop with the expensive weaves and fake nail treatments. I've seen way too make black women at work throw away hundreds of dollars on their hair weaves. One woman got hers as a birthday present from her parents. Another woman was a 20 year old baby momma, and the money should have been saved and spent on her infant instead. But I suppose with her baby daddy posting on FB about the other girls that he wanted to bang, she did it for her self-esteem. But those weaves don't make them look more attractive or even look like a celebrity. They can't even scratch their scalp for fear of ruining the weave, so they hit their head a few times with the palm of their hand. And those weaves are super heavy too.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Certain Hispanic groups live well with blacks such as Caribbean Hispanics like Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Cubans. Non Caribbean Hispanics is different issue when it comes to relations with blacks.
Mexican Hispanics also get along well with the blacks, the immigration of Hispanics to America happens from 2 groups, Mexican and Puerto Rican, the others are a minority

The point is that Asians are the new immigrant group, and since they have no money, they are going to live in the ghetto along with the Hispanics and blacks, the conflict has increased as more and more Asian people begin to be seen as invaders.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:03 PM

2,362 posts, read 767,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Mexican Hispanics also get along well with the blacks, the immigration of Hispanics to America happens from 2 groups, Mexican and Puerto Rican, the others are a minority

The point is that Asians are the new immigrant group, and since they have no money, they are going to live in the ghetto along with the Hispanics and blacks, the conflict has increased as more and more Asian people begin to be seen as invaders.
Many Asians open shops in poorer neighborhoods but they live in more middle class areas. Asians (especially Koreans) are very conscious of where their kids will go to school and they always look for the best school districts they can afford.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Many Asians open shops in poorer neighborhoods but they live in more middle class areas. Asians (especially Koreans) are very conscious of where their kids will go to school and they always look for the best school districts they can afford.
these Koreans came to America a few decades ago, I'm talking about a recent wave and especially of Chinese.

was not common to find Asians in the south as well as Hispanics, they were only blacks and whites, I was in atlanta, and white districts are still inhabited by whites as long as the old black neighborhoods are full of Asians and Hispanics, I understand the revolt of the black community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies