Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 12:22 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
My thing is this. Black women can get degree, after degree, after the degree. The white supremacist financial institutions gives black women, loan, after loan, after loan for education. Yet such people are not going to the bank to take out a loan to start a business in their own community. I don't understand this, but yet they want to protest.
Not true there are many black owned businesses in predominantly black areas, I've seen them, it just depends on where you go or look for information on this. But, some more crime ridden areas, you're not likely to have many people who want to open establishments in the area, only the most unflinching who can procure a loan to open in such areas will do so. I can't blame some for not taking risk in some neighborhoods, this doesn't include all poorer areas, just the ones that are much more challenging for some.

I not long ago moved from a neighborhood in FL, that I was practically the only black person there to a predominantly black area in NC, (I didn't move to the area for that reason), most of the stores in the particular are I'm in are black owned or ran by black people. As a matter of fact, when my great grandfather was alive and till in his 90s he employed many in the area who couldn't find jobs elsewhere. Around here many dollars by black people appear to be invested in black owned business. This is a something that has been happening a lot all over. Atlanta is prime example for this.

I do agree it needs black people do need to have a bigger presence in investing and running their own businesses in their neighborhoods. They are working on it and sometimes I have to admit some of us are our own worse enemies when it comes to supporting the success of others. There are those with a mentality that loves to pull and keep each other down. IN some areas, customer service does count as well it all goes both ways, so people need to work on many areas to grow and make an area succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You don't need a degree to open up a convenience store. And a loan isn't needed either. All that is needed is having a family or friends being willing to pool their financial resources and also work in the store without pay until the store is up and running.

And one of the things holding black women back, aside from a tendency to be a single mother, is they need to stop with the expensive weaves and fake nail treatments. I've seen way too make black women at work throw away hundreds of dollars on their hair weaves. One woman got hers as a birthday present from her parents. Another woman was a 20 year old baby momma, and the money should have been saved and spent on her infant instead. But I suppose with her baby daddy posting on FB about the other girls that he wanted to bang, she did it for her self-esteem. But those weaves don't make them look more attractive or even look like a celebrity. They can't even scratch their scalp for fear of ruining the weave, so they hit their head a few times with the palm of their hand. And those weaves are super heavy too.

Exhibit A. all day all the time, can you feel it.

We know all those orphaned Asian babies came from test tubes don't we.

Maybe someone needs to spend more time on Asian and their issues worst than weaves.

Drop box babies, sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Te5Mh1EtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkFe7NdAMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzK_maF43bM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMRsdpNnojc

Last edited by TRosa; 08-15-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 12:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
these Koreans came to America a few decades ago, I'm talking about a recent wave and especially of Chinese.

was not common to find Asians in the south as well as Hispanics, they were only blacks and whites, I was in atlanta, and white districts are still inhabited by whites as long as the old black neighborhoods are full of Asians and Hispanics, I understand the revolt of the black community.
I lived in LA during the 90s race riots - when Korean shopkeepers shot that girl. Anyways, even then they had their shops in one area, and they lived in another. At least most of them.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Black people forget that Asians have zero guilt or pity on them. Or fear of being called racist for putting one in their place if they're asking for it. They don't care.
Unfortunately, this is a very accurate post. Just look at the videos of blacks and Asian shop owners online, and you will see this is the case. Even at the risk of danger and tearing up their shops even worse, they will prevent blacks from stealing at all costs, even if it’s just a $1 item. They don’t fear any repercussions.

That video was disturbing to watch. I get she may have attacked first, but come on! He wasn’t in any real danger. He is physically stronger and could have just walked away.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berd Man View Post
Why do White People worship Asians? Why do you think you speak for all Asians? Asians don't need you to speak for them and generalize about how they feel about Blacks. They are not your pets. I know White men all worship and fetishisize Asian Women but get over your BS arrogance. This is not 1944, I know you're trying to form some sort of White-Asian Alliance in order to trash all other groups.
Some are too stupid to realize, some of them aren't liked by these groups any more than others, they just want their money otherwise they have as much disdain for people of any group no matter the skin color as many Asians realize the racial bias' toward them from others just like the rest of us do, they just have better game faces. Read any auto-biography of any Asian who has had contact or who has left this country to move back to their homeland very disillusioned with other non Asian places, especially America. Their words aren't always so kind about white America. I'm not talking about the ones who are indoctrinated to a certain brainwashing and not those with serious self-hate.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:57 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,480 times
[quote=lilyflower3191981;52795864]well, I must say that not every Asian group has that overwhelming interests in opening businesses in black neighborhoods. Every Asian group has found their own "niche".

In term of why do SOME Asian groups open business in black neighborhood? well, simple answer: supply and demand. Blacks want their product, and they provide a service and a product.

AND the stores are cheap to buy.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post

AND the stores are cheap to buy.
Yep.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:08 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Unfortunately, this is a very accurate post. Just look at the videos of blacks and Asian shop owners online, and you will see this is the case. Even at the risk of danger and tearing up their shops even worse, they will prevent blacks from stealing at all costs, even if it’s just a $1 item. They don’t fear any repercussions.

That video was disturbing to watch. I get she may have attacked first, but come on! He wasn’t in any real danger. He is physically stronger and could have just walked away.
There is an extremely disturbing video on YouTube of 3 Indian 7-11 employees beating up and stripping a black man who stole down to his underwear (and even beyond that), and then tackling, punching, and BITING him. He is literally CRYING out for help and he looks helpless. It’s one of the most disturbing videos I’ve seen.

The ironic thing is that they literally end up trashing and damaging half the store beating him up for the probably $1-2 item he stole.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
We've got some truly triggered folks in here.
To me, it has nothing to do with race.
A piece of **** sucker punched a woman. Had he done it in front of any self respecting man, he would have got Knocked the **** out.
The weak *****, couldn't even knock her down with a sucker punch though. I imagine if she hit him back his ass would have hit the floor.

OMG, lol. You seriously calling a 5 year old a thug? Even our moronic president isn't that vile and stupid.
Mpowering has a solid reputation here, argues on both sides depending on the situation. That doesn't make someone unstable, that makes them capable of reasoned thought.
You on the other hand, don't show those traits in the slightest.

I know that this isn't a reflection on our society as a whole, just the dregs of it. But it's still crazy to see people defending a guy who clocked a woman who had her back turned. SAD!
Thanks, Sactown. I was wrong however, the child is actually 3. Three years old and they're calling him a thug. If that doesn't scream *agenda*, I don't know what does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ignorant and gullible.

In addition to wanting all blacks to think the same way to go a long with your white guilt liberalism and hatred for white people.

White guy calling a black guy violent, how original.
Oh, you're claiming your black heritage all of a sudden because it's convenient?

I just think of you as the poster who was formerly in the Air Force and formerly black since your posts sound like a white racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Who knows if the Asian guy punched her because he hates Blacks or he just hates her. And who knows, maybe the Black lady acted like a brat (throwing the keychain on the floor) because she's a brat or because she thought well, he's an Asian, and I can get away with it.

Either way, she acted like an entitled brat, but he took it too far. I don't agree with charging him with assault (she just received a busted lip after pushing him - no big deal) but he is definitely going to lose business and be afraid to show his face there. He lost the most out of this, and all this over a 99c keychain that cost him only pennies. Sometimes people need to pick their battles.
Exactly right. I'll leave the little boy out of it, but she's a liar and a brat and he's a hot head who went from zero to 60 in two seconds flat.

She was wrong - he was really wrong. Neither were right in this situation.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I never stole anything from 7/11 as a kid.
So what? And? That makes you a child hero or something? Am I supposed to hand you a scout badge?

You did bad things as a kid because ALL KIDS DO BAD THINGS!

And shoplifting ain’t the worse thing I did either. I stole my dad’s car while he was outta town, got popped by the cops who found weed on my cousin who was riding with me. I didn’t even have a permit to drive yet.

And THAT’S not the worst thing I did either. In college, we pulled off a bunch of jail worthy shenanigans. But I turned out to be a happy, functioning adult who has been successful in life and I’m no worse for wear for all the stupid **** that I did. If we survive our dumb mistakes, 99% of us become better people.

But of course, you’ve always been perfect, so you’ve never needed to do any self reflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies