Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 12:06 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,810,722 times

Advertisements

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders issued a rare correction Tuesday night after falsely declaring that President Donald Trump has created three times as many jobs for African-American workers as former President Barack Obama did during his two terms in office.

While it's true that the US economy has added about 700,000 jobs held by African American workers since Trump took office, it added about 3 million black jobs while Obama was in office, according federal labor statistics.
Sarah Sanders apologizes for false claim about African-American jobs

Knock me over with a feather.....I am in shock that the Pathological LIAR Sarah Huckster Sanders, admitted she gave "false information"~ FAKE NEWS. This is a F-I-R-S-T for her!

ALL FAKE NEWS ORIGINATES from Trump or his spokes-people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 12:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,563,263 times
She wasn't the only one. I heard other right wing blowhards claimed the same thing.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:11 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,685,410 times
Well, that is one lie down, and 100,000,000,000 more that they need to correct. But it is a start, I guess.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,983,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders issued a rare correction Tuesday night after falsely declaring that President Donald Trump has created three times as many jobs for African-American workers as former President Barack Obama did during his two terms in office.

While it's true that the US economy has added about 700,000 jobs held by African American workers since Trump took office, it added about 3 million black jobs while Obama was in office, according federal labor statistics.

Knock me over with a feather.....I am in shock that the Pathological LIAR Sarah Huckster Sanders, admitted she gave "false information"~ FAKE NEWS. This is a F-I-R-S-T for her!

Yeah, it turns out Trump has only added 3 times as many jobs for black Americans at the same point in their presidencies. We don't know yet how much more Trump will help the African American community by the end of his second term compared to Obama.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Well, that is one lie down, and 100,000,000,000 more that they need to correct. But it is a start, I guess.

You know THAT'S THE TRUTH!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,339,320 times

Poor choice of words. She should have simply pointed out that at approximately this time in Obama's presidency the black UE rate was over 15%, while it is now at 5.9% at the same point in Trump's.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,050,929 times
SHS admits to lying.

Sanders claimed only 195,000 jobs for blacks were created under Obama. The real number was just under THREE MILLION.

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/stat...88561875365888

Old 08-15-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
SHS admits to lying.

Sanders claimed only 195,000 jobs for blacks were created under Obama. The real number was just under THREE MILLION.

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/stat...88561875365888

EXACTLY!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,388,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

since the fascist liberals are always concerned with the term RATE...

At this RATE, Trump will have created 3 times as many jobs (in 8 years) for blacks as the lamebrain Obozo did in his 8 years

Old 08-15-2018, 12:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,861,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yeah, it turns out Trump has only added 3 times as many jobs for black Americans at the same point in their presidencies. We don't know yet how much more Trump will help the African American community by the end of his second term compared to Obama.
But Trump too office not when the economy was tanking but when it had seen 76 months of positive job growth. He's riding the wave.

There is not one single policy that specifically was targeted to improve employment numbers for minorities.

We had a terrible recession and have been on a slow steady growth for about 8 years....Trump is riding that wave.....he didn't blow it....YEAH.

Let's see if prices can stop going up, wages can go up more and if we can see some significant expansion.

Here in South Carolina there has been no or marginal growth from any Trump policy.

All jobs added in the last year and a half were from expansions that were announced in 2014 and plants finally being constructed and built in 2018. You could argue Trump is getting Obama numbers (but I don't really believe that because I can't identify any specific Obama policy that encouraged Volvo to decide to build a plant in the area that would add 3,000 jobs and I most DEFINITELY can't think of any Trump policy that did that either....but I can identify tariffs as being the reason Volvo says they are scaling back from their original job growth numbers because of the trade war).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies