Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 07:35 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

And another thread about the baker off and running.

One side throwing out words like "deviant" to defend the baker's "right to discriminate."

The other side throwing out phrases like "against the law."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:37 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I guess this baker (who I supported during his entire case based on his rights) is really loving the attention he received, so he's back at it again.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am beginning to think this baker loves the attention, and possibly the gofundmes and/or other revenue that is flowing in to his little useless world. He has begun doing interviews. Could be he has been bitten by the attention whoring bug. If you look at his social media, he was a crappy little baker with so-so reviews for his sugary treats. He was literally a nobody. And now, a Christian celebrity and cause celebre. He is obviously starting to get into this being the center of attention. He has undoubtedly been promised book money, maybe even movie money. He's not letting go of this lightning rod gig, it's much more fun than obscurity.
No, I think the fruit loops are trying to get a payday at someone else’s expense.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is truly despicable when people use religion to justify outright discrimination.
it's truly despicable when some tranny troll demands a cake like this one.

Quote:
Phillips says he recently received and declined a request for “a three-tiered white cake. Cheesecake frosting. And the topper should be a large figure of Satan, licking a 9” black *****.” According to the lawsuit, the customer wanted the ***** to be a functioning item “that can be turned on before we unveil the cake.”
https://www.courthousenews.com/maste...ill-after-him/

Old 08-16-2018, 07:51 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am beginning to think this baker loves the attention, and possibly the gofundmes and/or other revenue that is flowing in to his little useless world. He has begun doing interviews. Could be he has been bitten by the attention whoring bug. If you look at his social media, he was a crappy little baker with so-so reviews for his sugary treats. He was literally a nobody. And now, a Christian celebrity and cause celebre. He is obviously starting to get into this being the center of attention. He has undoubtedly been promised book money, maybe even movie money. He's not letting go of this lightning rod gig, it's much more fun than obscurity.
While you can't rule out him liking the attention, round two was started by a trans lawyer. NOT the baker. He has since filed a lawsuit of his own, as he should since it's been made clear that he's being targeted and this latest suit by the trans lawyer looks to be instigated merely to harass the guy.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's truly despicable when some tranny troll demands a cake like this one.
It’s truly despicable with all the bakery’s out there they pick this particular one.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:57 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
1) This baker is a Christian baker and that's a well-known fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm agnostic, but I still know a Christian doesn't have to pass a 'Scooby Snacks Christianity Test' in order to be a Christian.
Then by all means, enlighten me as to what in this baker's behavior suggests that he is really a Christian rather than just a person who talks the talk and doesn't walk the walk. After all, the very definition of a Christian is someone who behaves in a Christ-like manner, which this baker is definitely not doing. I'm in a same sex marriage. My younger sister is an extremely religious married woman with two sons. She welcomes my wife and I into her home, invites us over all the time, and I love her, her husband, and her two kids like crazy. What does that make her? A Christian. I don't force her to be gay. She doesn't force me to be heterosexual. She doesn't force me to be religious. I don't force her not to. We accept each other's differences. And she acts this way toward everyone she meets. She is a true Christian, someone who behaves like Jesus would every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is truly despicable when people use religion to justify outright discrimination.
This.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:10 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
there are 10s of dozens of bakeries in Lakewood, Colorado that could bake cakes for transgender people in celebration of their gender reassignment, yet these this person picked this particular christian baker and filed a complaint? It does appear this chrisitan man is being targeted for his religious beliefs, which I hope will be protected in the courts.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
there are 10s of dozens of bakeries in Lockwood, Colorado that could bake cakes for transgender people in celebration of their gender reassignment, yet these this person pick this particular christian baker and filed a complaint? It does appear this chrisitan man is being targeted for his religious beliefs, which I hope will be protected in the courts.
I wonder if the CCSC is specifically targeting him? Hey libs, why you all so hot to put this guy out of business? You're a vengeful bunch, aren't you?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Then by all means, enlighten me as to what in this baker's behavior suggests that he is really a Christian rather than just a person who talks the talk and doesn't walk the walk. After all, the very definition of a Christian is someone who behaves in a Christ-like manner, which this baker is definitely not doing. I'm in a same sex marriage. My younger sister is an extremely religious married woman with two sons. She welcomes my wife and I into her home, invites us over all the time, and I love her, her husband, and her two kids like crazy. What does that make her? A Christian. I don't force her to be gay. She doesn't force me to be heterosexual. She doesn't force me to be religious. I don't force her not to. We accept each other's differences. And she acts this way toward everyone she meets. She is a true Christian, someone who behaves like Jesus would every day.
You have a direct line to Jesus at the WWJD call center, do you ?

The baker isn't the one trying to force anyone to do anything. He isn't trying to prevent anyone from living as they want to, loving who they love, becoming the gender they feel they are.

He won the wedding cake case, and he'll win this one against the vindictive, bigoted commission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies