Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 04:45 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. No, they aren't.
Many people keep telling themselves "Blacks love Trump" because they want to discredit Black persons who don't like Trump. Said persons likely understand why alot of Blacks do not support President Trump, but they don't care why. They are all about Trump. I believe said persons look at alot of Blacks as a threat to the Trump presidency and deep down wish that more Blacks supported Trump. And this is wished for not for the benefit of Blacks, but for the benefit of conservatives who support Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 05:03 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I will throw this in here - hopefully it hasn't been mentioned already.

JIM BROWN PRAISES TRUMP - 'I'm Pulling for the President'

"I should be criticizing Trump on every level because he does certain things that call for criticism but when I look at television I see all these announcers become experts and they're pointing the fingers and they're not doing a doggone thing but pointing their fingers, I find myself really pulling for the president."

"Now, that would make me very unpopular in the black community, very unpopular with a lot of Americans ... but I think that there are certain good things that are coming out of this Presidency because we've never seen anything like it."

He added, "I mean there's confusion. A lot of people are retiring. A lot of people are giving their opinions and we have to really dig deep down inside to come with the right kind of an answer."

Brown -- who also doubled down on his stance against NFL kneelers -- also had this to say to people who believe he's not a good American.

"I believe that I have to work on myself first to be as good a person as I could be to back up my country as best as I know how."

Old 08-22-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I will throw this in here - hopefully it hasn't been mentioned already.

JIM BROWN PRAISES TRUMP - 'I'm Pulling for the President'

"I should be criticizing Trump on every level because he does certain things that call for criticism but when I look at television I see all these announcers become experts and they're pointing the fingers and they're not doing a doggone thing but pointing their fingers, I find myself really pulling for the president."

"Now, that would make me very unpopular in the black community, very unpopular with a lot of Americans ... but I think that there are certain good things that are coming out of this Presidency because we've never seen anything like it."

He added, "I mean there's confusion. A lot of people are retiring. A lot of people are giving their opinions and we have to really dig deep down inside to come with the right kind of an answer."

Brown -- who also doubled down on his stance against NFL kneelers -- also had this to say to people who believe he's not a good American.

"I believe that I have to work on myself first to be as good a person as I could be to back up my country as best as I know how."
Well, I don't share Jim Brown's sentiment. If the only reason Jim Brown is supporting the president because the media keeps pointing fingers, that is a very stupid thing to do.

I don't see anything good coming out of the Trump administration. All I see is a man who has made some racially motivated, or at least stupid comments. We can start with the Baltimore comments aimed at former President Obama. We can go to the tweet that fPresident Trump retweeted which came from a racist, Neo-Nazi website which listed some very false crime statistics about Blacks. And when Trump was called out of it, he responded with "I never check my sources". And then that rally in Redding,California. He pointed at a Black man and said "Look at my African-American over there", a very stupid comment.

Why would I vote for someone like that? Why should I support someone like that?

Old 08-22-2018, 05:14 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
She's a little raw, but she gets it said:
I love the imperious lift of Hillary's chin as she was being destroyed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1026339193184759808
She gets it and Trump was spot on in that clip. Democrats have always wanted to keep their blacks under control. They switched the southern plantation for the inner city plantation. This is why liberals get so upset when a black person gets out of line and becomes a conservative. You don't leave the plantation without consequences.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:01 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
The interesting thing is that the number of blacks who support Trump can be easily enumerated--like the number of blacks with regular roles on television in the 60s. We could count them on our hands.

When has there ever been enough blacks at a pro-Trump rallies to suggest that there was any significant number of blacks favoring Trump? When have we ever seen more than five black people at a time proclaiming support for Trump? If the percentage was really 30%, surely we'd be able to see two or three in one place at one time.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:14 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
She gets it and Trump was spot on in that clip. Democrats have always wanted to keep their blacks under control. They switched the southern plantation for the inner city plantation. This is why liberals get so upset when a black person gets out of line and becomes a conservative. You don't leave the plantation without consequences.
Why should I care what a random black person thinks? Why would I want to join a party that presumes that I am a zombie who can't make any decisions by myself and who is waiting for handouts? You trot out these black people who act like "Hallelujah, I done seen the light!' when they join the republican party. Let's see how much attention republicans pay them after Election Day when it's time to make good on all their promises.

Newsflash- Black people are not as monolithic as outsiders think they are.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The interesting thing is that the number of blacks who support Trump can be easily enumerated--like the number of blacks with regular roles on television in the 60s. We could count them on our hands.

When has there ever been enough blacks at a pro-Trump rallies to suggest that there was any significant number of blacks favoring Trump? When have we ever seen more than five black people at a time proclaiming support for Trump? If the percentage was really 30%, surely we'd be able to see two or three in one place at one time.
At this point, many people are just grasping at straws. Many people know that support for President Trump among African-Americans is low. My opinion of that is this. Some persons wish more Blacks supported Trump because it benefits Trump's voting base. I do not thing said persons care what happens to Blacks, only that 88-90 percent of the Black population votes Democrat and that it doesn't help conservatives.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. No, they aren't.
Not even a little bit. Lol

Old 08-22-2018, 06:38 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

See you at the BBQ!

Old 08-22-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True. And this is something many within Trump's fan base are obsessed about. One would think "well, you got the President you wanted, so quit complaining". Nope. Who Black people vote for is a big obsession among some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies