Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 06:42 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Not sure why people keep singing the same tune over and over. heck the unemployment rate here for last 12 years

Not sure where you guys see Trump effect??? It has been declining pretty much constantly for last years and Trump was not around back then. You can certainly say he hasn't messed this up yet though
Not going to touch the "Trump Effect" with a 10-foot pole because that's just partisan bickering over something largely unprovable either way.

However, as a technical point decreasing unemployment is not linearly smooth along the entire curve.

It get's harder and harder as you approach 0%.

Or we could just look at the graph because I look forward to us hitting negative unemployment in a few years.

Again, not agreeing one way or another on this one and of course partisans are going to select the data that supports them while refuting the rest even if they have to argue the complete opposite once someone from the other party is president.

(Like if a president can control gas prices where we've caught posters here arguing yes and no depending whom was in office. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:00 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
We all know this is a weak attempt to combat the emerging image of Trump as a racist.

https://people.com/politics/trump-ho...gainst-whites/
Trump has been living his life for 72 years. He has been president for 2 of those years.

While I'm certain that there are those of all colors on the left who despise him, I am also certain that there are those of all colors who love him, or at least support his presidency.

He has lived his life being who he is love him or hate him. His actions over the years will speak for him with those who really know him and have had dealings with him.
There will always be those who will dislike someone because they don't feel treated fairly no matter how much you do for them.

We can diss Trump all day long, but those who have been helped by him over the years will know better. They spread the word about the good things he has done.

The left have to jump in to disparage him for fear he will win again in 2020.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:17 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
They think they speak for them, and that by doing so, they’ll attract “blacks” away from voting democrat.

Coincidentally the same people can be found pushing the false narrative that racism is dead.
Racism will die when humans are extinct. Get over the fantasy.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Is that what all these goofy threads are about?

Yes. It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Listen, Sparky, we black people are not supporting Grand Dragon Trump.
They delude themselves otherwise and think their false claims will change minds.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:26 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They delude themselves otherwise and think their false claims will change minds.
Hard to say. There have been several concerted pushes to plaster candidates as racist.

Hillary 2008 primaries for example.

Ironically, that stank stuck a bit to her and probably was enough to help Trump eke out the win.

Talk about ironic. Plastering Hillary (and Bill) as racist in 2008 probably got Trump in the Oval office...that's some brutal karma right there.

P.S. Some posters may be either too young or too partisan to remember or acknowledge that various racial labeling attacks on Clinton and her supporters in 2008 so if you doubt it, do a little googling first.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:32 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Black people are warming to Donald Trump

Hardly surprising if he'll pay you $180K/year to say nice things about him.

I will be honest that I have seriously been joking with my DC connections about getting a government job again because I know they have a lot of openings and I can make triple what I make now since no one wants to work for the Trump Administration lol.

I joke, but I have seriously considered it!

But I don't want to move to DC metro.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:35 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Why are Trumplings so obsessed with convincing everyone that black people like Trump?

Are City-Data Trump supporters aware that, in the past two weeks, Trump has called two black men "dumb," a black congresswoman "low IQ," and has been exposed to having said the n-word on tape?

But you're trying to tell us blacks love Trump?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hard to say. There have been several concerted pushes to plaster candidates as racist.

Hillary 2008 primaries for example.

Ironically, that stank stuck a bit to her and probably was enough to help Trump eke out the win.

Talk about ironic. Plastering Hillary (and Bill) as racist in 2008 probably got Trump in the Oval office...that's some brutal karma right there.

P.S. Some posters may be either too young or too partisan to remember or acknowledge that various racial labeling attacks on Clinton and her supporters in 2008 so if you doubt it, do a little googling first.

But those attacks didn't come from conservatives. I think people misunderstand the fact that black media primarily drives black voters. And Hillary and Bill were slammed by black media outlets after Bill's comments about Obama carrying his bags came out during that primary year. Prior to that occurring, she had a lot of black support. But there were lots of programs and discussions about how Bill had lost his mind with those comments and/or showed his true colors.

I felt bad that his wife was judged based on his words, but because of him saying that - in 2016 black media was also hammering still both her and Bill about their "super predator" stuff and the incarceration rates of black youth during Clintons term in the 1990s.

IMO too often conservatives and white liberals overlook the fact that black people actually consume a lot of media specific to our demographic. Politics is always discussed and race/racism/racial comments of candidates is ALWAYS discussed. Black people consume a lot of black media and are way more active in our social media circles in America than other demographics.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 AM

For Mathguy, I'll also note that there are jokes everyday on black media radio stations in particular about the fascination that conservatives have with the idea that there are a bunch of us wanting to vote for Trump.

Many black voters, like myself also don't want to see Trump impeached (we'd rather have him in office than Pence who is seen as smarter and more conniving and could cause us more damage as a demographic). Due to that he would not poll all that bad with black voters. However, a majority of us don't like him and don't like his rhetoric and will not vote for him. I doubt he gets more black voters than he got in 2016 in 2020 (if he's still around to run). I honestly think based on black media conversations that those black Americans who stayed home in 2016 are aching to go out and vote against him come 2020.

It is always interesting how many conversations about race and politics between black Americans today - both in real world circles and online start off with "In Trump's America..." as a preface to the fact that we need to be on guard and more aware of what is going on in our local and national political and personal situations.

I'll also note that Trump is not doing well with black women voters and black women actually vote in higher numbers than most other demographics in this country. I personally know black women involved in politics either as candidates, delegates, elected officials, or persons who work for or run PACs. And those women are a solid voting block and won't support Trump. He does the worst in polling with black women.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why are Trumplings so obsessed with convincing everyone that black people like Trump?
Maybe it's because the lib idjits are screeching "RAAAAAAAAACIISSSSSST!!!!!" with their every breath and those who know better are pointing out that if he is, why are so many people of color speaking so highly of him?

It's called debate, opining. KWIM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies