Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 09:44 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your personal story doesn't extrapolate to the country at large.
Cause my household income is 140k

Still lower incomes would get 2 Gs or even 1500 back.

Better than nothing. The left would steal more money

Old 08-18-2018, 11:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Plenty of black conservatives out there
If that’s the case, I’d know that better than you.

So you’re really not telling me anything.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
You're forgetting a few, like Orval Faubus, democrat governor of Arkansas who refused to integrate Little Rock schools until the republican president sent the national guard there to force him to. Ross Barnett, governor of Mississippi, democrat who was a staunch segregationist that also resisted school integration. George Wallace, governor of Alabama, democrat who in his inauguration speech said, "I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever". And Lester Maddox, democrat governor of Georgia, who was a staunch segregationist that refused to serve black people at his Atlanta restaurant.
Those people mentioned are Dixiecrats - southern Democrats. Thanks to Nixon's Southern Strategy, many of these conservative southern Democrats who opposed civil rights legislation or were segregationist found a home in the Republican Party. Such as

Strom Thurmond
Jesse Helms
Trent Lott

Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Those people mentioned are Dixiecrats - southern Democrats. Thanks to Nixon's Southern Strategy, many of these conservative southern Democrats who opposed civil rights legislation or were segregationist found a home in the Republican Party. Such as

Strom Thurmond
Jesse Helms
Trent Lott

Old 08-18-2018, 06:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Being a black libertarian or independent is probably the best recourse. Both of the other sides are on too much bull**** these days.
you can be a black libertarian in thought, not in practice, unless you are fine with discrimination.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:40 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

Strom Thurmond
Jesse Helms
Trent Lott
Many people will ignore this. Trent Lott expressed some admiration for Strom Thurmond. This was in 2002. Something more about Trent Lott. He was part of the Sigma Nu fraternity during the early 1960s. He fought to keep the fraternity "whites only". As for Lott's admiration for Strom Thurmond, here is the quote below:

"When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either."
-Trent Lott

Trent Lott was a Democrat until 1972. After 1972 he became a Republican, and has remained such. Dixiecrat types like Strom Thurmond, and their sympathizers such as Trent Lott, they were very segregationist back in the day. Once the early 1970s came, they joined the ranks of the Republican Party.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:12 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
You're forgetting a few, like Orval Faubus, democrat governor of Arkansas who refused to integrate Little Rock schools until the republican president sent the national guard there to force him to. Ross Barnett, governor of Mississippi, democrat who was a staunch segregationist that also resisted school integration. George Wallace, governor of Alabama, democrat who in his inauguration speech said, "I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever". And Lester Maddox, democrat governor of Georgia, who was a staunch segregationist that refused to serve black people at his Atlanta restaurant.
I don't bring those names up for a reason. I don't really regard them as democrats.

After the Civil War, it was impossible to run in southern states as a republican. So, everyone who wanted to win ran as a democrat. From about 1948 to 2000 the USA went through a period of political realignment. Southerners who had run as democrats realized the democratic party did not represent their values, so they gradually switched parties. Today, the realignment is complete, but there were people running as democrats in 40's, 50's, and 60's who called themselves democrats, but were redneck conservatives.

The OP is a sad person. I think he not only rejects his ethnic identity, he seems ignorant of American history. The people who he thinks he supports, don't support him at all.

I guess there are some wealthy black people. Maybe GOP policies benefit them. However, they don't benefit the vast bulk of black people. For that matter, those policies don't benefit most of us of all races who have to work for a living in this country.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:20 PM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The OP is a sad person. I think he not only rejects his ethnic identity, he seems ignorant of American history. The people who he thinks he supports, don't support him at all.
Rejecting my ethnic identify? By being an educated black man and veteran? Good one.

Ignorant of american history? Last I checked it was democats who supported Slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow

The people who I support? I support no one. I support ideals. Black people have gotten no where in this country by supporting people. Black political power DID NOT translate into black social progress. Asians hardly have any political representatives and yet their median household income is now higher than whites.

The reparations package isn't coming. We already waited long enough for it. Change comes from within and only from within. Not from white guilt liberals who believe blacks are too helpless too succeed on their own, not from politicians who make empty promises until their re-election, not from policies, from within.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:26 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
So did you vote for Trump or not? If not or if not answered, what did you think about him asking, What do you got to lose?

Old 08-19-2018, 03:32 PM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMack View Post
It's not hatred it's just confusion how they side withe people who hate them,.
1. They don't side with people, they side with ideals

2. Conservatives aren't responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK. That would be liberals.

3. Conservatives are not responsible for subsidizing single parent households that lead to fatherless dysfunctional homes and unprecedented black on black violence in black majority low income neighborhoods. That would be liberals again.

Ben Carson, Colin Powell, Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain Allen West, Thomas Sowell, and Condi Rice are all still black last time I checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So did you vote for Trump or not? If not or if not answered, what did you think about him asking, What do you got to lose?
I don't vote. Sorry you failed to read that post.

Oh wait, did you think voting actually made a difference for blacks? I guess you missed the part where we had a black president for 8 years and nothing changed. Colin Kaepernick actually started kneeling while Obama was in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies