Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 12:25 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Excellent question. It’s started with the slow but steady disintegration of the black nuclear family.

How? When you pay a demographic to have kids out of wedlock, then they will have kids out of wedlock. And those kids in dysfunctional household and without fathers will grow up at a high risk of dropping out of school, struggling academically, joining gangs, committing crime, doing drugs, shooting up their own neighboods etc.

The current chaotic state of the black nuclear family is the direct result of paying people to have kids out of wedlock.

Liberals don’t want to admit this so they just blame the lack of progress of blacks on... Racism! And oppression! And discmination! Big scary evil words despite the election of a black man for 8 years as POTUS.

As I've often said around here - if out of wedlock births cause all these ills you mentioned why have all of them gotten better over the past 30 years when it comes to the black demographic.

Over 85% of black youth in the past 5 years have graduated high school and over 50% of them have gone to college.

Gang participation rates are down from the heights of the 1990s.

Crime has gone down in black neighborhoods since the 1990s

Black people do no more drugs than white people and whites actually do more hard core drugs like opiods than black people

There are less shootings today than there was 25 years ago in black neighborhoods.

All of the above are facts.

Yet you keep acting like OOW births are harming black people when we've improved as demographic despite OOW birthrates since the 1970s so evidently it is not causing the harm you think it is.

This has nothing to do with "liberals." Seems, as I noted before - you have an issue with believing everything that media tells you. Both liberal and conservative media pushes the mantra of black people having extraordinary problems that we don't have in reality. It convinces black people we are "bad" and gives many of our demographic an inferiority complex. You need to step away from media and actually review the hard numbers.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:26 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Really? I don't know any liberal who says those things. If you do, you might want to get yourself another circle of friends.
All you have to do is watch the Don Lemon show.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/04...l-slurs-619994

Or do a little reading.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...k-john-perazzo

Black Sheriff Responds To ‘Uncle Tom’ Taunt By New York Daily News Columnist And Black Lives Matter Activist | The Daily Caller

Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
This is why I prefer being an AnCap.

Both cons and libs would stone me to death if they could. Well, after they drone strike a few babies in Yemen.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What planet do you live on??!

The OP is correct, and I have been writing about this for years now.
The insults, the threats, the bigotry, and the exclusions toward black conservatives by democrats is outrageous, and the liberal hypocrisy Is ludicrous in that they don’t even see how bigoted and unequal they treat black conservatives.
Democrats believe blacks shouldn’t be allowed to have different political views and opinions than theirs or they are betraying their race....

Just one example:
Republicans are fighting to make the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African-American History and Culture include Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, a Republican, in its exhibits. Thomas, just the second African-American to sit on the nation’s highest bench has been excluded from a museum that celebrates African-American history.

The museum did include Justice Thurgood Marshall, a Democrat and the first African-American to sit on the bench, appointed in 1967 by Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson

I went to the museum last year and they had information and exhibits on both Clarence Thomas and Colin Powell....

And FWIW Thurgood Marshall is a much more important figure in the history of black America versus Clarence Thomas. Marshall actually was a Civil Rights attorney with the NAACP and won "Brown v. Board" which ended legalized school segregation in America....He also was very involved in various sorts of civil rights abuse investigations and cases.

Also FWIW I think it's interesting that Clarence Thomas grew up in a Geechee/Gullah culture and spoke the language as a child. That is a fascinating thing about him IMO.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You believe all black conservatives are Trump supporters, that’s absolutely a stretch.

And even if they were the case last time I checked it wasn’t against the law.

Surely as a black man you can understand the appeal of conservative ideals, as opposed to liberals ideals rooted on black victimization and handouts.

I’m not a victim. I don’t need handouts.

I didn't say I believe all black conservatives are Trump supporters....

You specifically mentioned Kanye West and Ben Carson....

Both of them are Trump supporters.

I do understand the appeal of conservative ideas. I also am black and I am not a victim and I don't need handouts (whopdedo lol)

Old 08-16-2018, 12:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What planet do you live on??!

The OP is correct, and I have been writing about this for years now.
The insults, the threats, the bigotry toward black conservatives by democrats is outrageous, and the liberal hypocrisy Is ludicrous in that they don’t even see how bigoted and unequal they treat black conservatives.
Democrats believe blacks shouldn’t be allowed to have different political views and opinions than theirs or they are betraying their race....

Your leader throws insults, threats, and bigotry around on a daily basis yet you forgot to mention that. Kanye is called out because he says stupid stuff, period. He is also a celebrity. His opinion is no more important than Joe down the street. Most black folks are liberal because we disagree with most conservative views and stands, period. The reason you don't understand is that you are viewing it one-sided, from your agenda. I'm a black women. No one trained or brained washed me a Democrat. I studied and educated myself on both parties. I decided for myself that I don't agree with most conservative viewpoints. Therefore I choose to be a Democrat.

Well, I hate to break it to you but most black people are not "trained" to be Democrats. We are smart to understand political affiliations. Many black people and minorities do not agree with most conservative views. Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it brainwashing. We are very much woke. Most conservative leadership will not stand up for the unjust treatment of any diverse group. It is really telling now that Trump is in office. They are hiding behind their desk not speaking up about his outrageous behavior. Instead, they rather retire, resign or quit. It's a painful time to be considered a conservative. There are conservatives I respect but that doesn't mean I need to agree. I think the simple fact is that people have a problem with others supporting Trump.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Good God, man, what IS your obsession with me?

If you're going to invoke my name here, at least explain what this is all about so people can put it into perspective.

To the rest of you - there's a thread where a black woman was in a store, her THREE year old took an item that wasn't paid for, the owner got upset - she took the item and threw it at him and left the store. He followed her out, she gave him a swat with her hand and he punched her in the mouth.

I'm one of the few posters in that thread who said that never should have happened. Both parties were wrong - but you don't punch a woman in the mouth, for God's sake.

So this dude decides to go after me, saying I'm defending thieves and they're thugs and they won't steal again.

I invite you all to read the posts he's now crying on your shoulders about in this thread, starting with post #170.

Asian male salon owner punches black mother in the face after her child shoplifts a keychain

Maybe now you'll see why I used the word unhinged.

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He is a bigot, plain and simple IMO - that is why David Duke was drawn to him - he speaks the same language as Duke.

I've known about Trump for many years. I used to work in housing and know about his housing discrimination cases and their backgrounds and the various things he's said about various minority groups in this country going back decades.

I know a bigot when I hear one. I don't support bigots once they show their colors and if others do that is their choice, but one shouldn't get upset when they are ridiculed for their choices or behaviors in the matter.

That's great you want all people to succeed. I do as well. And as a black person, I know that black people have been on an upward trajectory for years and aren't the perpetual bottom dwellers that both conservatives and liberals peg us to be.

I know that both political parties use black people as pawns and as potential "goodies" for their causes. I am smart enough to know, because I know a lot of various types of black people - that most of us know this to be the case and so we don't often take hard line positions like claiming "liberals" have a "pure hatred of black conservatives" unless said hardliner has been overly infused with some skewed propaganda.

And note, I know many black people who are infused with some skewed liberal propaganda and I view it just as poorly but maybe unlike yourself, because I am black, I expect more of black people when it comes to political discussions and especially in regards to the history of and current important topics in relation to "race." I expect better of us than for us to go off on ridiculous political banter and join the ranks of Bill O'Reilly and Hannity in their style of political discussion.

The OP title reminded me of the aforementioned Fox News pundits and various other "shock jock" sorts of persons who I find lack in knowledge about a variety of topics and especially lack in considering the POV of the other side. They only are popular due to being a$$holes basically and most politically aware black people know how to discuss topics without stooping to such a level.
I put up a bunch of videos on one thread a while ago showing how Trump has worked with blacks. I know he has worked against them at times as well - but it's not because of race - it's because he has a general disagreement, and we see how he handles disagreements with people white or black. If he does something good - like pardon the boxer Johnson or the grandma, then it's minimized by saying it's a token gesture and not real. How many token gestures do you need to see things differently?

I agree that we are slowly advancing. Then why do lib politicians continue to push fear and racism? Our success has very little to do with what happens in DC... in fact they hinder our further success. White people are not holding us back. We hold ourselves back.

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
As I've often said around here - if out of wedlock births cause all these ills you mentioned why have all of them gotten better over the past 30 years when it comes to the black demographic.
If everything is so great why are we kneeling for the national anthem to protest inequality?

Out of wedlock birthrates for blacks is 74% and climbing

Crime rate for blacks is still high in all inner cities, with Chicago breaking records every weekend

Median household incomes for blacks is still lowest, while Asians have risen to first place even past whites

Obesity and overweight rate for blacks is 70%+

38%+ of government assistant recipeients are black

Those are facts. We are not taking care of our kids, we are committing crime, we are dependent on government assistance, we are engaging in unhealthy sedentary lifestyles, and worse, we are blaming everyone else besides ourselves for these self-sabatoging issues.

Sorry for the breaking news but we had a black president for 8 years, that was all the evidence you needed that blacks have more than enough hope and resources to progress up the social ladder.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Your leader throws insults, threats, and bigotry around on a daily basis yet you forgot to mention that. Kanye is called out because he says stupid stuff, period. He is also a celebrity. His opinion is no more important than Joe down the street. Most black folks are liberal because we disagree with most conservative views and stands, period. The reason you don't understand is that you are viewing it one-sided, from your agenda. I'm a black women. No one trained or brained washed me a Democrat. I studied and educated myself on both parties. I decided for myself that I don't agree with most conservative viewpoints. Therefore I choose to be a Democrat.

Well, I hate to break it to you but most black people are not "trained" to be Democrats. We are smart to understand political affiliations. Many black people and minorities do not agree with most conservative views. Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it brainwashing. We are very much woke. Most conservative leadership will not stand up for the unjust treatment of any diverse group. It is really telling now that Trump is in office. They are hiding behind their desk not speaking up about his outrageous behavior. Instead, they rather retire, resign or quit. It's a painful time to be considered a conservative. There are conservatives I respect but that doesn't mean I need to agree. I think the simple fact is that people have a problem with others supporting Trump.

ITA with this and especially your second paragraph.

I actually do have some conservative leans but I've decided for 2018 and 2020 that I'm voting Democrat (unless we have a crazy Dem running lol).

Luckily where I live we have some good Democratic candidates in the mix. Many black independents who have similar views to myself are doing the same thing in the upcoming elections and in 2020. We get sick of the hypocrisy of the right today - it is blatantly hypocritical, they lack morals and integrity and class. A large amount of them, and especially Trump are imbeciles and need to be removed from office. Like you, I'm smart enough to realize what is going on and that I don't like it. Others can have a different POV but mine is my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies