Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 12:40 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Your leader throws insults, threats, and bigotry around on a daily basis yet you forgot to mention that. Kanye is called out because he says stupid stuff, period. He is also a celebrity. His opinion is no more important than Joe down the street. Most black folks are liberal because we disagree with most conservative views and stands, period. The reason you don't understand is that you are viewing it one-sided, from your agenda. I'm a black women. No one trained or brained washed me a Democrat. I studied and educated myself on both parties. I decided for myself that I don't agree with most conservative viewpoints. Therefore I choose to be a Democrat.

Well, I hate to break it to you but most black people are not "trained" to be Democrats. We are smart to understand political affiliations. Many black people and minorities do not agree with most conservative views. Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it brainwashing. We are very much woke. Most conservative leadership will not stand up for the unjust treatment of any diverse group. It is really telling now that Trump is in office. They are hiding behind their desk not speaking up about his outrageous behavior. Instead, they rather retire, resign or quit. It's a painful time to be considered a conservative. There are conservatives I respect but that doesn't mean I need to agree. I think the simple fact is that people have a problem with others supporting Trump.
Please indulge me...

You say you are studied and educated on both parties. Tell me something that liberals/Democrats advance that conservatives are against that LIFTS UP black people.

No fear. No racism. Only something constructive. There is one that you should get (which is questionable), but that's all I can think of.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:41 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good God, man, what IS your obsession with me?
Obsessed? Someone asked me to provide evidence of liberals calling me a whites racist and accusing me of self hatred. Lo and behold, your posts fit the bill.

Get over yourself, I couldn’t care less about you. I answered the question that asked me to provide evidence.

Case closed.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:41 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good God, man, what IS your obsession with me?

If you're going to invoke my name here, at least explain what this is all about so people can put it into perspective.

To the rest of you - there's a thread where a black woman was in a store, her THREE year old took an item that wasn't paid for, the owner got upset - she took the item and threw it at him and left the store. He followed her out, she gave him a swat with her hand and he punched her in the mouth.

I'm one of the few posters in that thread who said that never should have happened. Both parties were wrong - but you don't punch a woman in the mouth, for God's sake.

So this dude decides to go after me, saying I'm defending thieves and they're thugs and they won't steal again.

I invite you all to read the posts he's now crying on your shoulders about in this thread, starting with post #170.

Asian male salon owner punches black mother in the face after her child shoplifts a keychain

Maybe now you'll see why I used the word unhinged.
LOL.

I've been following it. I don't know what to make of it.

At the very least you yell at me in private and not make a thread over it.

Is it a nice day in the Windy City today? Take a walk along Lake Shore Drive. Just watch out for those 5-year-old thugs!

Old 08-16-2018, 12:51 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please indulge me...
You say you are studied and educated on both parties. Tell me something that liberals/Democrats advance that conservatives are against that LIFTS UP black people.
That’s the problem with you people, NO political party will lift blacks up. No politician will save black people. No law will give black people free wealth.

You must do it on your own merit and hard work, that is the foundation of conservatives values

This notion that blacks can only be lifted up by white people is incredibly insulting and condescending.

Asian Americans have the highest median household income and we just had a black president for 8 years. Stop labeling minorities as helpless victims who depend on white people.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:52 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I think it was Don Lemon on CNN who told a Black conservative, “You’re not black.” The Black conservative hit the ceiling and was agitated and started telling Lemon how he was indeed blacker than Lemon. Raised by a single parent on food stamps, in the projects, shootings, street gangs, ..Blah blah blah.

Ben Carson and other prominent black conservatives are championed by the right for saying the same things because it makes their blacks blacker. I think it does a disservice to an entire culture to agree with the Alt right and define being black the same way as they would.
And conversely, Rachel Dolezal was criticized by liberal blacks because they too said she wasn’t black because she wasn’t, raised by a single parent in the projects on food stamps and experienced racism.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Anyone who expects everyone of a certain "race" to behave in lockstep conformity, is a racist. That applies equally to everyone, regardless of what your skin pigmentation level or your political preference are.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:13 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s the problem with you people, NO political party will lift blacks up. No politician will save black people. No law will give black people free wealth.

You must do it on your own merit and hard work, that is the foundation of conservatives values

This notion that blacks can only be lifted up by white people is incredibly insulting and condescending.

Asian Americans have the highest median household income and we just had a black president for 8 years. Stop labeling minorities as helpless victims who depend on white people.
You need to go back and read my post on the prior page... post #58. Your response tells me you have an itchy trigger finger in characterizing people without even trying to understand my thinking - which is what many liberals do.

You are absolutely wrong on how you described me. I think most people on here can vouch for that.

I also believe in meeting people where they are (instead of just blowing them away and calling them stupid) - which is why I made the response to KayAnn. I wanted to hear what she is thinking.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:15 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:

Actually! I'll bait one of the many issues. Conservatives have a party that is dominated by white males that enjoy telling women what we should do with our bodies, abortion and healthcare issues. But they have no problem cuddling the NRA. Some conservatives show more consideration for an unborn fetus and lining their pockets with NRA money than passing laws that would do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about the mass shoots that are killing kids in schools at record numbers. As I type I still think of the babies and brave adults at Sandyhook. Some Conservatives are more worried about protecting their pockets with NRA money. Yet this is not a black and white, democrat and republican issue it is a human rights issue.

Kids have the right to feel safe at school. Parents have the right to know that when they send their kids to a class that they will be protected.

We have differences in gay marriage, abortion, government regulations, immigration and on and on.

There are a few things I have conservative viewpoints but not many.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:

I'm not going to call you any unpleasant names, but does it occur to you that many black people may choose to vote Democrat for reasons that have nothing at all to do with "free wealth?" That's feeding a very ugly stereotype, and I can understand why it has angered some of your fellow posters.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ignore race... your question really is why do liberals hate conservatives and conversely why to conservatives hate liberals.
I'd like to think that for most, on either side, it is not "pure hatred".
(I do not consider pro or anti-Trump as pro or anti conservative)
Another nonsensical race thread started by a Trump supporter. BUT - the headline will show up in someone's search engine so . . they have done their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies