Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 01:17 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGOL View Post
People call YOU an uncle tom because all the posts from you are nothing but negative almost hate for Black people.
Hmm I guess all the articles also calling Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Herman Cain an Uncle Tom must’ve disappeared

Kind of hard to hate black people if you’re married to one
Quote:
It's like you have no understanding or choose to purposely ignore history and facts. Why are you comparing African Americans to Asians, who immigrate here and have a totally different culture, Including the fact that Immigrant Asians are highly educated in their home country and bring their values with them> The Same with Africans from Africa. They tend to be highly successful when they come here, however you decide to ignore them because they are Black and focus on Asians.
Asian Americans and Black African immigrants have the BLUEPRINT for success, that’s why I mentioned them.

It’s like you have no understanding of what it takes to make it in this country. It’s not rocket science. Ever wonder how blacks who aren’t rappers and athletes become successful? It’s called EDUCATION not VICTIMIZATION

I can’t do anything about being raised in poverty by my parents. I can’t do anything about my black skin and the prejudices that come with it. But I can go get a college education (which I did). I can go serve my country (which I did). I can make something of myself instead of whining and complaining about being black and having poor parents.

Black Americans, we have it good in this country. We are the white people of the global black community. Any black person in Africa would kill to live here. Let me guess, you prefer to be born in Africa?

Life is about taking your lemons and making lemonade. Being born in this country are the best lemons you’re going to get, the rest it up to you. Because no one is coming to save black people. Hello it’s 2018, we’ve waited long enough.
Quote:
You use every racist talking point to put down Black people. Chicago, Out of Wed Lock Births, Government Assistance, and other BS. You're in here trashing Black people and agreeing with Open forum racists about all the negative stereotypes of Blacks.
I post statistics and facts. It’s not my fault I hold my race accountable and in high regard while you downplay all our issues. I study the statistics. I read the books and articles. You ignore it.
Quote:
You offer no solutions, just vitriol and hate for Blacks. You're a very suspect poster from what I've read. Colin Powell is NOTHING like you, NOTHING. He's nowhere near an Uncle Tom. You are. You're like Clarence Thomas, there are different levels of being conservative. You're really no different than Richard Spencer. In fact I bet you'd get along well with him since you both love tearing down blacks with the same crap.
My solution is to reform the welfare system. Instead of providing a financial incentive to kick out the father, the government will provide a financial incentive to keep 2 parent low income earners in the house

You would know know this if you bothered to my read my posts.

I am Colin Powell, Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Allen West, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas and every other black conservative who gets persecuted for his beliefs.

You are the liberal who believes blacks are helpless victims who need white people to lift them up.

I assure you the government responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK will not be the same government responsible for the prosperity of black people. No one is coming to save us. Change comes from within.

Last edited by Rocko20; 08-16-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Old 08-16-2018, 01:18 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Both parties are guilty of using race for political ends and yet both parties deny it.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:20 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please indulge me...

You say you are studied and educated on both parties. Tell me something that liberals/Democrats advance that conservatives are against that LIFTS UP black people.

No fear. No racism. Only something constructive. There is one that you should get (which is questionable), but that's all I can think of.
I've got FOUR ways that conservatives are trying to uplift blacks and going against the liberal/Democratic agenda for blacks and the poor.

1. Liberals wanting open borders and allowing illegals and DACA's to stay, takes away jobs from blacks and keeps wages down. And in the food and beverage industry, having so much illegal labor creates a workplace filled with people who can only speak Spanish. And that makes working BOH in the hospitality very unwelcoming to Americans.

2. Liberals being against voter ID and suggesting that it curbs blacks from voting. Well honestly, it's only a plus for anyone to be in possession of a government issued photo ID. Why enable anyone to be living off the grid and undocumented? And I find it very insulting to blacks, that after several election cycles that liberals think that blacks are all unable to possess a government issued photo ID. And in this day and age of the Real ID program Act that Congress passed in 2005, it means that without possessing a Real ID card, Americans can't get on an airplane or go to visit other countries like Canada and Mexico.

For example, a MA ID card only costs $25, and it's also insulting for liberals to claim that getting a photo ID card is unaffordable to all blacks.

3. Conservatives want to cut back on government handouts. Well, as far as I can see from people I've known who get housing assistance and food stamps, they make sure that they don't work over the income limits in order to keep their benefits. So these government handouts are a crutch that is holding back the poor.

4. Conservatives would like food stamps to not cover purchases of soda, candy and other junk food and instead, only be spent on healthy food. Liberals want food stamp recipients to buy whatever they feel like buying. Well... it seems to me that conservatives are more concerned about the poor eating healthier and trying to curb obesity.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.

Let's see some specific examples of this hatred you allege to permeate the entire left side of the aisle or should we just call it the Fake News! it appears to be?

Personally, I think most adults have learned hatred only saps energy from the hater while doing nothing to the hated.

I will say however I find black conservatives like Ben Carson, who made the IMO absolutely asinine statement that the ACA was the worst thing to happen to the country since slavery, completely overlooking such things as the Civil War, WW I, the Great Depression, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, etc., not worth considering as rational people.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've got FOUR ways that conservatives are trying to uplift blacks and going against the liberal/Democratic agenda for blacks and the poor.

1. Liberals wanting open borders and allowing illegals and DACA's to stay, takes away jobs from blacks and keeps wages down. And in the food and beverage industry, having so much illegal labor creates a workplace filled with people who can only speak Spanish. And that makes working BOH in the hospitality very unwelcoming to Americans.

2. Liberals being against voter ID and suggesting that it curbs blacks from voting. Well honestly, it's only a plus for anyone to be in possession of a government issued photo ID. Why enable anyone to be living off the grid and undocumented? And I find it very insulting to blacks, that after several election cycles that liberals think that blacks are all unable to possess a government issued photo ID. And in this day and age of the Real ID program Act that Congress passed in 2005, it means that without possessing a Real ID card, Americans can't get on an airplane or go to visit other countries like Canada and Mexico.

For example, a MA ID card only costs $25, and it's also insulting for liberals to claim that getting a photo ID card is unaffordable to all blacks.

3. Conservatives want to cut back on government handouts. Well, as far as I can see from people I've known who get housing assistance and food stamps, they make sure that they don't work over the income limits in order to keep their benefits. So these government handouts are a crutch that is holding back the poor.

4. Conservatives would like food stamps to not cover purchases of soda, candy and other junk food and instead, only be spent on healthy food. Liberals want food stamp recipients to buy whatever they feel like buying. Well... it seems to me that conservatives are more concerned about the poor eating healthier and trying to curb obesity.

Let's continue to post facts and links to those facts,not your one sided agenda.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
I'm a liberal, and I've never called a black conservative any of those names.

Shrug.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Actually! I'll bait one of the many issues. Conservatives have a party that is dominated by white males that enjoy telling women what we should do with our bodies, abortion and healthcare issues. But they have no problem cuddling the NRA. Some conservatives show more consideration for an unborn fetus and lining their pockets with NRA money than passing laws that would do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about the mass shoots that are killing kids in schools at record numbers. As I type I still think of the babies and brave adults at Sandyhook. Some Conservatives are more worried about protecting their pockets with NRA money. Yet this is not a black and white, democrat and republican issue it is a human rights issue.

Kids have the right to feel safe at school. Parents have the right to know that when they send their kids to a class that they will be protected.

We have differences in gay marriage, abortion, government regulations, immigration and on and on.

There are a few things I have conservative viewpoints but not many.
Not sure if you were answering my question... but thanks.

These seem like general issues, more than specifically for black people. I have my differences, but won't discuss them here since that's not the topic.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Why are you painting "liberals" with one brush? Why do you use the word "hate"? Do you have proof of this mass hatred of black conservatives by all liberals?

Ben Carson is a nutcase. He's ignorant, unaware, and unempathetic. But I certainly don't hate the guy.
That is not true about Carson. Have you listened to anything he’s said, or just listened through the filter of other people?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:35 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Anyone who expects everyone of a certain "race" to behave in lockstep conformity, is a racist. That applies equally to everyone, regardless of what your skin pigmentation level or your political preference are.
I agree. This notion that black people should all be liberal is hilarious.

The irony of course is that many black people will work hard, become highly educated and successful on their own merit, then convince less successful blacks they need handouts to accomplish what the successful blacks just did. Bonus points if you vote for them.

We literally have successful blacks exploiting the unsucesfful ones. “Vote for me I’m highly successful and black, despite doing it all without welfare, you’re different, you need handouts to do what I did. And I will gladly cash that taxpayer check and enjoy public office while promising to solve your issues before re-election.”

Old 08-16-2018, 01:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That is not true about Carson. Have you listened to anything he’s said, or just listened through the filter of other people?

He said the ACA was the worst thing to happen to the country since slavery. Considering all that happened in between the two, how is his statement anything but stupid, at best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies