Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the police act appropriately?
Yes 23 20.54%
No 89 79.46%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A more honest title would read "cops tase non-compliant woman who was approaching with a knife".

Her age and the dandelions are irrelevant details which were obviously used to invoke sympathy.
I'd like to think this is an attempt at satirical humor. But I have the feeling it isn't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:47 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Did the police act appropriately?
People named "al-Bishara" should not be living in Georgia, but the police should never never attack someone for carrying a knife. So the police acted inappropriately.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:47 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is she retarded?
Nope, just a dandelion thief.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
How do we know the babbling old coot with a large butcher knife wasn’t behind the boys and girls club to harvest some children?
Yet I believe I've seen your posts in favor of concealed carry here, amirite?

I bought a large bag of kitty litter home at the grocery this evening. It weighed close to ten pounds.

I could have hurled it at someone in the store's parking lot and done them a serious injury!

I got raw eggs, too. Think how many cars I could have hit with them!.

I could have smeared toothpaste all over the cars' windows as well.

I must be downright dangerous, to carry such items concealed as they were - with no permit. I'm not as old as this lady, but I'm not a spring chicken, either.

Gotta watch out for these suspicious seniors.

See how far illogic can take you?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:49 PM

93 posts, read 45,017 times
you have to have something wrong with your mind when obviously gun-armed men motion for you to drop your knife and you dont do it, post haste.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:49 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
All she had to do was drop the knife.

No one lives in Mayberry including granny.

I don't like what happened. I don't fault the police for it either.

I wouldn't have had my gun out either.

If I couldn't take the risk to disarm the slow moving granny I'd be in the wrong job.

I voted yes.
...........you would. She was 87, you mean to tell me a Full Grown Police Officer can not disarm an 87 year old women........then they need to quit the force!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
This is why immigrants should learn English. My immigrant grandparents went to night school to learn English and encouraged my parents (born here) to speak English instead of their native language.
She learned enough to pass a citizenship test 17 years ago. Likely her main problem now, aside from the fact that she lives in a town with idiot cops who tase old ladies out collecting flowers, is dementia.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:51 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
People named "al-Bishara" should not be living in Georgia, but the police should never never attack someone for carrying a knife. So the police acted inappropriately.
I must have bypassed the name-check station at the border the last time I drove down to Atlanta.

Tell me, what names are acceptable for Georgians? How do you feel about "Martin Luther King, Jr."?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:51 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsa View Post
you have to have something wrong with your mind when obviously gun-armed men motion for you to drop your knife and you dont do it, post haste.
...........at 87 and doesn't speak English a Police Officer should be able to handle the situation with out a taser.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A more honest title would read "cops tase non-compliant woman who was approaching with a knife".

Her age and the dandelions are irrelevant details which were obviously used to invoke sympathy.
Those details are very relevant. She was using a knife for one of the many non-violent things it is good for. There was no reason for a cop to be interested in a woman using a knife to cut dandelions.

The cop should have just walked/driven past. Only a psycho would hassle her for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies