U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2018, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
1,522 posts, read 708,210 times
Reputation: 1808

Advertisements

And wants to nationalize everything. Calls it the "Accountable Capitalism Act.”

Elizabeth Warren’s Batty Plan to Nationalize . . . Everything
Wholesale seizure and control of private property? With 2020 in her sights, Warren woos the hard Left.
Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts has one-upped socialists Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: She proposes to nationalize every major business in the United States of America. If successful, it would constitute the largest seizure of private property in human history.
Warren’s proposal is dishonestly called the “Accountable Capitalism Act.” Accountable to whom? you might ask. That’s a reasonable question. The answer is — as it always is — accountable to politicians, who desire to put the assets and productivity of private businesses under political discipline for their own selfish ends. It is remarkable that people who are most keenly attuned to the self-interest of CEOs and shareholders and the ways in which that self-interest influences their decisions apparently believe that members of the House, senators, presidents, regulators, Cabinet secretaries, and agency chiefs somehow are liberated from self-interest when they take office through some kind of miracle of transcendence.
Under Senator Warren’s proposal, no business with more than $1 billion in revenue would be permitted to legally operate without permission from the federal government. The federal government would then dictate to these businesses the composition of their boards, the details of internal corporate governance, compensation practices, personnel policies, and much more. Naturally, their political activities would be restricted, too. Senator Warren’s proposal entails the wholesale expropriation of private enterprise in the United States, and nothing less. It is unconstitutional, unethical, immoral, irresponsible, and — not to put too fine a point on it — utterly bonkers.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/elizabeth-warren-plan-nationalize-everything-woos-hard-left/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2018, 01:52 PM
 
16,280 posts, read 9,109,415 times
Reputation: 6554
There are liberals on this board who are honestly trying to figure out why anyone would be opposed to this brilliant idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 01:52 PM
 
1,785 posts, read 453,336 times
Reputation: 1610
Oh look, another opinion article being paraded as news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:05 PM
 
45,043 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Reputation: 18877
Not hard to understand.

Bernie Sanders was never a real leftist. But he did absolutely play to those who need to be told they are progressive, because honestly, they have nothing else.


Warren?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
8,965 posts, read 4,103,404 times
Reputation: 7656
Trump supporters are working so hard to pump up Warren as somebody who has a legitimate chance at becoming the Democratic nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM
 
45,043 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Reputation: 18877
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump supporters are working so hard to pump up Warren as somebody who has a legitimate chance at becoming the Democratic nominee.

Are you saying she doesn't? Why? What part of Warren's platform IS NOT part of the Democrat platform?


Are you saying she isn't a Democrat worthy of the nomination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:13 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
8,965 posts, read 4,103,404 times
Reputation: 7656
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you saying she doesn't? Why? What part of Warren's platform IS NOT part of the Democrat platform?


Are you saying she isn't a Democrat worthy of the nomination?
You want her to be the nominee because she is one of the candidates who gives Trump his best shot at a second term. Democrats would be wise to not nominate her for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:15 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,305 posts, read 14,034,647 times
Reputation: 6501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
And wants to nationalize everything. Calls it the "Accountable Capitalism Act.”

Elizabeth Warren’s Batty Plan to Nationalize . . . Everything
Wholesale seizure and control of private property? With 2020 in her sights, Warren woos the hard Left.
Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts has one-upped socialists Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: She proposes to nationalize every major business in the United States of America. If successful, it would constitute the largest seizure of private property in human history.
Warren’s proposal is dishonestly called the “Accountable Capitalism Act.” Accountable to whom? you might ask. That’s a reasonable question. The answer is — as it always is — accountable to politicians, who desire to put the assets and productivity of private businesses under political discipline for their own selfish ends. It is remarkable that people who are most keenly attuned to the self-interest of CEOs and shareholders and the ways in which that self-interest influences their decisions apparently believe that members of the House, senators, presidents, regulators, Cabinet secretaries, and agency chiefs somehow are liberated from self-interest when they take office through some kind of miracle of transcendence.
Under Senator Warren’s proposal, no business with more than $1 billion in revenue would be permitted to legally operate without permission from the federal government. The federal government would then dictate to these businesses the composition of their boards, the details of internal corporate governance, compensation practices, personnel policies, and much more. Naturally, their political activities would be restricted, too. Senator Warren’s proposal entails the wholesale expropriation of private enterprise in the United States, and nothing less. It is unconstitutional, unethical, immoral, irresponsible, and — not to put too fine a point on it — utterly bonkers.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/elizabeth-warren-plan-nationalize-everything-woos-hard-left/


that is almost as batty as when Waters wanted to ''nationalize''' BP...yep British Petroleum




liberalism is truly a mental disease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:19 PM
 
45,043 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Reputation: 18877
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You want her to be the nominee because she is one of the candidates who gives Trump his best shot at a second term. Democrats would be wise to not nominate her for that reason.
You don't know what I want, and what I want is irrelevant to this topic. Back to the topic.

Why isn't Elizabeth Warren worthy of being the DNC nominee for President?

Is what you are really saying is that the Democrat Platform has failed and any politician who supports it, like Warren, is doomed to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2018, 02:20 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,305 posts, read 14,034,647 times
Reputation: 6501
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You don't know what I want, and what I want is irrelevant to this topic.



Why isn't Elizabeth Warren worthy of being the DNC nominee for President?



because she is not hitlery, she isn't owed it yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top