Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The fact that you label CNN “a cesspool of deliberately fake news” while you continue to take Alex Jones seriously says SO much about you.

They have admitted to it. They helped Hillary Clinton to cheat at the debates then failed to report it when they knew that she had done so. What more do you want?

Do you want a software company to decide whether or not they are OK instead of letting you make this decision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 05:28 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
This is an attempt to control information on the internet. Something a small number of corporations and people already do with traditional information outlets.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you want a software company to decide whether or not they are OK instead of letting you make this decision?

Depends on how its done. I use software to help me make a ton of decisions. Heck, it tells me how to drive to and from work daily.

The details will matter on this one WaldoKitty.

BTW....is Waldo a acceptable short for of you handle or not?

Old 08-16-2018, 05:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OH NOES! Someones trying to make sure that false propaganda doesn't get treated the same as reality! Thats EVIL!

What nonsense. Right now few details are available, and im pretty sure the end result can be turned off for those who wish.
LOL... the delusion and projection are ultra-strong in this one. Not to mention the willingness to censor political opinion that departs from their party line. Communists will be communists.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who gets to decide what's propaganda? A software company?

Is this the Democrat platform now?
It definitely is. there is no simpler formula for political censorship: "our opinions and perspectives are the only reality".

Its going to be pretty cool when it reverses on them. Not because that what I would want (I actually believe in free speech), but because they will deserve every ounce of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The fact that you label CNN “a cesspool of deliberately fake news†while you continue to take Alex Jones seriously says SO much about you.

I hope you have an adequate supply of tin foil in your prepper bunker.
Fake is fake, whether or not it has an air of specious respectability or not. Because CNN can not be trusted, they are no better than Infowars.

A news org does not get to be 'sometimes not propaganda' and then appeal to the times when it isn't as evidence of its integrity.

Delude yourself all that you like, but you're the equivalent of a poor person rebuking a slightly poorer person (maybe, maybe not) for their low class lifestyle.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:07 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why are Trump cultists at war with reality?
Because otherwise they'd have to own up to the evil they set loose on America, and share the blame for it.

Might be fatal.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
The people creating it in the first place?

What’s kind of question is that?
Sounds like a desperate one to me.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:11 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Free speech. That, or subjective and arbitrary suppression. One needs to think very carefully about the differences. I may choose wrong at times, may be wrong at times. I am not, however, dependent uoon someone else, some algorithm to protect me, to decide what is real and what is false.

One is freedom, to discern, to decide. The other can lead to slavery, when declining to be personally responsible, to give over decision making to another.
Quote:
OH NOES! Someones trying to make sure that false propaganda doesn't get treated the same as reality! Thats EVIL!

What nonsense. Right now few details are available, and im pretty sure the end result can be turned off for those who wish.

Quote:
Depends on how its done. I use software to help me make a ton of decisions. Heck, it tells me how to drive to and from work daily.
But you actively choose to have the software make those decisions for you, and those decisions are not politically biased in any direction that you would not approve of. This is not that.

This is software actively shaping the end-user reception of political and other news information through a filter of political bias. Most users won't know it has been implemented. its not remotely the same, in spite of your attempt to soft peddle it.

In sum, and ignoring your Hard Left political bias, not everyone wants software to make decisions for them. You'd feel differently if there was an institutional effort to filter out all news and opinion that was not from Right Wing leaning media organizations. Stop the hypocrisy.

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Because otherwise they'd have to own up to the evil they set loose on America, and share the blame for it.

Might be fatal.
"Evil."

Let me know when tens of millions of Americans are sent off to work/reeducation camps, never to come home again. Let me know when a collectivist famine kills 30 million Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies