Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:40 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nice try. You quoted one sentence from my post. Doing that with that particular sentence could be interpreted, whether you intended to or not, to pull me into a narrative I don't support.

I stated at the beginning of that post that I'm not a Republican, and that I thought America lost once Trump and Hillary were the nominees.

What I was trying to point out to that poster was that her view isn't fact, it's just an opinion....like anyone else's.

That definitely wasn't my intention. I'm in my feelings about something else so I might have glazed over it this time and there is a lot of noise from Trump supporters on here that gets..distracting. They've said something like the sentence I quoted you before.

I did forget about one detail. What we've probably lost that we wouldn't have with Hilary is respect from other countries. It doesn't necessarily worry me but it does concern me that we're not being taken seriously now.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:03 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsa View Post
trump went up against it all, the Republican machine, the media, the DNC, and won it going away, cause clinton is such a pos. Dems aint got anyone who's any better, so they'll lose again in 2020. After we get another supreme on the court, we'll get rid of the illegals and then you'll see how many illegal votes she got, cause they wont BE there for the dems in 2020
Please tell me how many illegals voted for Hillary.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
When compared to a Republican mediocrity and a radicalized Democrat, Trump becomes the lesser of three evils.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeback2 View Post
I can believe he won, I can't believe he's so much worse than I could have ever imagined.

Details please. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what's worse now and what you imagined he would do.

I don't expect an answer but I always ask. For my own amusement and the amusement of others.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:24 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Details please. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what's worse now and what you imagined he would do.

I don't expect an answer but I always ask. For my own amusement and the amusement of others.
I never imagined a president only appealing to his base with no intention of bringing us all together. I never imagined a president condemning NFL players for kneeling while not condemning white supremists. He has done nothing but divide us. Do you want me to go on because there is a whole lot more

Old 08-18-2018, 11:29 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never imagined a president only appealing to his base with no intention of bringing us all together. I never imagined a president condemning NFL players for kneeling while not condemning white supremists. He has done nothing but divide us. Do you want me to go on because there is a whole lot more
This is the biggest problem with Trump. He is President of his base and only his base. It's like nobody else exists. It would be one thing if he would have won with a mandate but he lost the popular vote and only won the electoral college by a razor thin margin in a couple of states.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:30 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I believe Trump won a fluke election, barely squeaking out a win by less than 100,000 votes in a few states.

What's hard to believe is that 40% of Americans still support the corrupt, unethical lying dotard. Good to know 60% believe the president should have high standards of conduct.
Trump has roughly the same approval rating as Obama did at this point in his first term.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls...oval-6179.html

As for that fluke election, Hillary spent more than twice as much as Trump, had a well-oiled DNC machine working for her and the love and devotion of the dinosaur media.

Trump didn't even have the establishment (i.e. corporate *****) party elders backing him.

He won by taking his case directly to working Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies