Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 07:17 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times

Advertisements

Trump concedes.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...23480725118976

Old 08-17-2018, 07:22 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
What makes Trump imagine he’s even *invited* to Paris to see a parade? Surely President Macron won’t share a viewing stand with him!

Old 08-17-2018, 07:25 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Macron has shown signs in past of being trump's french poodle.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:28 AM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe what Trump was trying to do with the parade was to instill some pride in America that has been lacking for many years now. Instead of making apologies for America and pointing out the problems he wanted to remind people of how great and special America is and he is attacked for it.
If one needs to have a military parade in order to display one's pride in one's nation, then I question whether that person really is proud of their nation. Only the insecure need to boast, and having a parade is just so much boasting. That's why military dictators have such things.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:29 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe what Trump was trying to do with the parade was to instill some pride in America that has been lacking for many years now. Instead of making apologies for America and pointing out the problems he wanted to remind people of how great and special America is and he is attacked for it.
Funny, I already had pride in America - always thought America was a great country. During the campaign, Trump made out like the US was a sh#$thole, and he was going to make it great again. Quite the opposite, IMO.

Standing up for the oppressed, treating others with respect, sharing our wealth with the less fortunate - that's what great people (and countries) do.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
What makes Trump imagine he’s even *invited* to Paris to see a parade? Surely President Macron won’t share a viewing stand with him!
Macron is trying to get him back in to the Paris Treaty.

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
"Wahhhh, the Pentagon won't use nearly $100M of taxpayer funds to pay for my great big bestest-ever military parade. I'm going to France!"

#snowflake

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The butthurt cry babies complain if he decides to have a parade, decides not to, or doesn't think about it....he is inside your heads Bigly.
We're not complaining he cancelled it. We're glad he did, but pointing out how pathetic the whole idea is.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Funny, he ran his ENTIRE campaign on the fact that America is not great, and he was going to make it so again. He says the intelligence community is incompetent and can't be trusted. He says that people in the opposition party can't be trusted. He says that people in HIS party who challenge him can't be trusted. He criticises sitting SCOTUS Justices. He attacks our allies, and the leaders of their countries. He praises Klansmen as fine people, but fails to acknowledge the "fineness" of people who are against racism. He uses the N-word to describe people of color, and his fortune is built on a legacy of prejudice and racist landlord practices (look this one up, since I'm sure you'll ask for a link).

He praises and bows to Putin and Kim, and gives them as examples of what great leaders should look like.

I don't think he's trying to remind people about how great America is. I think he ran a campaign 100% on the fact that we suck, and only he can fix it. The latter are his words, and the fact that America is not currently great was unmistakably implied in his campaign slogan.

You really have to be pretty far gone at this point to think that this guy is a cheerleader for American Exceptionalism. He is the antithesis of it.
I agree with most of your post, except the bolded part. To be clear, although he may have engaged in prejudicial and racist landlord practice, its a bit unfair to claim that his fortune was built on it. His fortune was really built on government handouts, screwing honest laborers, and (allegedly) illicit Russian money. Well, that and daddy's inheritance.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Here's his opportunity to turn around this whole disaster.

Trump could attend small parades all across the country in the next year celebrating communities and American patriotism.

It could work with his campaign rallies -- tie it all up.

Personally -- to me -- that's a little more patriotic than running off to France for a big parade -- and I love France ...lol. Je suis francophone. (well my family is French Canadian arriving in Quebec City area in the early 1600's)......LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies