Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Wonder if it had anything to with The American Legion speaking out against the parade. In addition, in this country, military parades are typically related to military victories.

Losing in Afghanistan, which we are, is pretty much the opposite. How dumb would the US look having a victory parade while losing another war?

https://www.legion.org/commander/242...ps-over-parade

Old 08-17-2018, 08:08 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Doesn’t take much to impress you... lol.

It was a bad idea to begin with so he doesn’t deserve credit for postponing it.
It’s always like that with Trump followers. He comes up with bad idea and gets cheers for it, then he cancels the bad idea and gets cheers for it. And then they can’t figure out why we call them a cult, lol.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:09 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe what Trump was trying to do with the parade was to instill some pride in America that has been lacking for many years now. Instead of making apologies for America and pointing out the problems he wanted to remind people of how great and special America is and he is attacked for it.
So much ignorance out there. We weren’t that divided as a country until this goon arrived. Too bad the Republicans are so complicit in this dismantling of their party making it now the Trump party. Trumps an embarrassment to the country and the free world. Let Trump go watch the parade in Russia.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:09 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
It’s always like that with Trump followers. He comes up with bad idea and gets cheers for it, then he cancels the bad idea and gets cheers for it. And then they can’t figure out why we call them a cult, lol.
Thank you.

/end thread.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Wonder if it had anything to with The American Legion speaking out against the parade. In addition, in this country, military parades are typically related to military victories.

Losing in Afghanistan, which we are, is pretty much the opposite. How dumb would the US look having a victory parade while losing another war?

https://www.legion.org/commander/242...ps-over-parade
Well, there is that.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:20 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
So much ignorance out there. We weren’t that divided as a country until this goon arrived. Too bad the Republicans are so complicit in this dismantling of their party making it now the Trump party. Trumps an embarrassment to the country and the free world. Let Trump go watch the parade in Russia.
Well said.

Trump has fanned the flames of division in this country. Racists who had been forced to the shadows and obscure internet forums for decades are now feeling empowered to march in front of the White House, thanks to Trump.

In the end, I believe Trump will be a GOOD thing for America. When Trump loses in 2020 or is removed from office before that, America will come together stronger than ever before. After Trump, we will bounce back as a much stronger, more united America.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Propose moronic waste of money.
Cancel moronic waste of money, citing cost.
Be proclaimed a genius.
This is Trump's modus operandi, aka Trumpism 101.

I. Make a mess. Expect great public outcry.

2. Stir the mess. Expect public outcry to increase.

3. Dump the mess onto someone else or pitch it out. Expect public acclamation for mess-solving.

Trump does this over and over again, and it seems his fans and critics alike seldom catch on.

Solution? Keep Trump from making messes in the first place by removing him from the mess-making ingredients and chief mess-making laboratory.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The butthurt cry babies complain if he decides to have a parade, decides not to, or doesn't think about it....he is inside your heads Bigly.
I don't believe that was a complaint.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well said.

Trump has fanned the flames of division in this country. Racists who had been forced to the shadows and obscure internet forums for decades are now feeling empowered to march in front of the White House, thanks to Trump.

In the end, I believe Trump will be a GOOD thing for America. When Trump loses in 2020 or is removed from office before that, America will come together stronger than ever before. After Trump, we will bounce back as a much stronger, more united America.
It's really a good point you make. When you think of it, he has done far more damage to our country than 9/11 ever did, and the end-result of 9/11 is that we came together as a nation, and came out of the whole experience stronger, and improved. THAT is American exceptionalism, and I hope that Trump has inadvertently triggered it again, in the way you describe. I hope he has made the hashtag of "never again" mean more than it ever has.

I am slightly worried that if he loses in 2020, or when his term is up in 2024, that he won't go peacefully. At the rate that he is destroying American values, that could be a real crisis.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:32 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well said.

I expect you mean "SURVIVING Trump will be a GOOD thing for America".

I agree, but the cost of that survival and recovery is increasing hourly, as is the damage Trump is inflicting on our country. Repairing that damage and healing the division and wounds is going to be a very difficult task, as Trump's base apparently will never see him for who he truly is, and instead will cling to him like the Old Rugged Cross and fight any efforts to dissuade them or bring about positive changes and restoration of public decency, democracy, justice, stability, good will, respect and harmony both at home and among our neighbors and allies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies