Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 03:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We've been good so far... now you're losing me.

As far as what is underlined above... the difference between this in New Mexico and Pizzagate is... ??
The difference between this and pizzagate is that the landlord was directly involved. He's not Joe Blow from Montana claiming that he heard there were people in New Mexico sacrificing aliens out in the desert. He's the man renting to the people who were arrested. He's making a claim about his own actions. The police are making a claim about their own actions. Who involved in Pizzagate was making a claim about their own actions? No one. Did a victim come forward in Pizzagate and make an allegation? Did the police conduct an investigation? NO, NO and NO. Pizzagate was an conspiracy theory based on nothing. Some of the people e-mailing each other in the DNC e-mails mentioned getting together for a pizza. Someone else said they were craving a pizza. Another e-mail mentioned the pizza joint in DC. And a conspiracy theorist invented Pizzagate, and spread a completely unfounded 100% misinformation piece across the internet, and people ate it up, and one guy decided to go to the pizza joint and free the little children in the basement. A basement that didn't exist. And this guy actually fired a gun into a crowded restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So why do you care?

Why do people care so much that they need to approve/disprove of everyone else's opinion?

It's like they want to be slaves. Yes, tell me what I can read. Yes, tell what I can think.
I swear the entire right has this weird obsession with playing the “persecution card”; do point out where I equated spouting BS propaganda with telling one how to think, because you’re the only one making that comparison.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:26 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
I swear the entire right has this weird obsession with playing the “persecution card”; do point out where I equated spouting BS propaganda with telling one how to think, because you’re the only one making that comparison.
When you want to restrict what information is publicly available, a la 'fake news' then, yes, you are telling people what they can and cannot think. It's also called censorship.

Don't care about the topic? Then don't read it. Don't prevent other people from reading it.

Libs go to move every time:
If I hate it, everyone must hate it.
If I approve of it, everyone must approve of it.
No one is allowed to think for themselves.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
When you want to restrict what information is publicly available, a la 'fake news' then, yes, you are telling people what they can and cannot think. It's also called censorship.

Don't care about the topic? Then don't read it. Don't prevent other people from reading it.

It’s a private company, they can do as they please, deal with it, and no that’s not censorship.

Cry me a river.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
It’s a private company, they can do as they please, deal with it, and no that’s not censorship.

Cry me a river.
You've missed the point entirely. But hey, insults are fun too. Another liberal go-to move.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
You've missed the point entirely. But hey, insults are fun too. Another liberal go-to move.
Who's "go-to move" is constantly whining about the tone like fragile lil' snowflakes?

Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
You don’t have a point, aside from attempting to act persecuted.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:

More bs.

Read whatever you want. Approve whatever you want. But don't call misinformation the truth when it is not.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You don’t have a point, aside from attempting to act persecuted.

I do have a point: It doesn't matter if you hate/approve what's being censored. Censorship is censorship.

It is a tough concept, but hey, keep those insults rolling in.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:48 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
I do have a point: It doesn't matter if you hate/approve what's being censored. Censorship is censorship.

It is a tough concept, but hey, keep those insults rolling in.
The other day, my friend spelled out a joke in magnetic letters on my refrigerator. Then I censored the hell out of it. When is the government going to step up and protect free speech on my refrigerator!? Oh the horrors, its 1984 in 2018! Someone help, I am exploiting my refrigerator monopoly to censor free speech!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies