Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:30 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This. It's not like Agent Orange has been this deep, dark, secret that only recently came to light. I remember when I was little (I want to say less than 10 years old), I was watching something with my dad (I'm not sure if it might have been vets talking to a Senate committee or what, to be honest) where the vets were talking about the affect Agent Orange had on them and their children. I remember one vet in particular yelling about how his kid had so many problems that his wife was afraid to try and have any more children.

Now consider this--if I was less than 10 years old when I saw this, then this was gaining attention back in the *1970's*. If I was aware of Agent Orange as a small child, then Trump--who is of the same generation as my dad--has little excuse to not know what it was.
The claim wasn’t that he’d never heard of Agent Orange. The claim was that he thought napalm was Agent Orange. Who cares as long as he doesn’t prevent people who have troubles from Agent Orange from getting the treatment they deserve? I don’t see any evidence that he’s doing that from this article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 12:49 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Who cares as long as he doesn’t prevent people who have troubles from Agent Orange from getting the treatment they deserve? I don’t see any evidence that he’s doing that from this article.

the VA is fighting vietnam vet advocates ( including weidman ) for proper treatments for exposure to agent orange:

https://psmag.com/news/key-veterans-...f-agent-orange

Old 08-19-2018, 06:30 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
For a president who get his news from Fox & Friends, Wikipedia would be a step up in knowledge.

But unfortunately he would have to read it, so scratch that.
Hillary lost to him. Hows that make ya feel... LOL
Sorry, but he gets his data from sources you have no access too..

Old 08-20-2018, 05:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump, according to the hit piece(may or may not be true), doesn't know what agent orange is.

Obama didn't know thousands of veterans were dying because of fake VA wait lists.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even want to go down this road.
Your logic is flawed -- you know that.

Because Obama's administration was like every other administration before and negligent with regards to veterans, it doesn't give Trump the opportunity to be ignorant.

And of course you wouldn't go down the road of holding Trump accountable......that's what blind loyalty does...it never goes down that road.

And yes -- Obama's administration was negligent....indeed it was.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:46 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post

obviously he needs new sources when it comes to agent orange.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Trump Clueless About Agent Orange

If only Agent Orange was the only thing.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"At least 293 veterans died while on these wait-lists a problem confirmed to be systematic at VA facilities nationwide. Yet in spite of this travesty the VA distributed over $140 million in bonuses in 2014."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ns-under-obama

The Obama administration seems set on misleading the public about the number of people held accountable for the wait-time scandal at the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA Secretary Robert McDonald has twice received Four Pinocchio rulings for claims about how many people his agency fired or proposed disciplinary action against.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a0ebdde91ff4

Veterans are waiting longer to see doctors than they were two years ago, and more are languishing with extreme waiting times. According to the agency’s most recent data, 526,000 veterans are waiting more than a month for care. And about 88,000 of them are waiting more than three months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/u...alth-care.html

WAIT!!!

Trump doesn't know what agent orange is?
This is part of the media "pot calling the kettle black". They are so anxious to twist, mock and ridicule that they don't look at what is actually being said or done. Every administration has failed vets. Not everyone knows everything that goes on with the military also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Once Obama found out, he solved the problem in 2009, 2013, 2914 and again in 2016.

PHOENIX — President Obama met with veterans groups etc Friday at Phoenix's scandal-plagued VA hospital for a status report on reforms.
2015 - Reports of fraud and shredding of claims at VA regional offices also call into question methods used to reduce the backlog. While the Obama Administration and the VA have been touting the recent reduction in the disability backlog, they failed to accomplish their goal of eliminating the backlog.

Two years after the VA wait list scandal, wait times for health care for many veterans have actually gotten worse.

2014 - "When I hear allegations of misconduct, any misconduct -- whether its allegations of VA staff covering up long wait times, or cooking the books - I will not stand for it. Not as commander in chief but also not as an American. None of us should," the president said. "If these allegations prove to be true it is dishonorable, it is disgraceful, and I will not tolerate it, period."

From 2009 to 2013, the backlog of veteran disability claims doubled.

Of course Hillary said the problems at the VA were cherry picked by repubs to make things look bad.

So to the vets who abandoned trump might want to rethink their position
Meeting vs actually doing something are totally 2 different things. Obama has not solved anything.
Things are bad any way you look at it. A friend of mine her husband was just recently discharged from the military (we are talking within the past 2 months). They gave him 2 weeks to get his stuff together which is also suppose to include a visit to the VA. He tried to make an appointment with the VA locally and they are booked solid for 7 months. He ended up traveling to another location that is NOT near a military installation just to be seen just last week (literally 2 1/2 weeks after his ETS date). So no, Obama did not fix anything.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Hillary lost to him. Hows that make ya feel... LOL
Not sure what that has to do with Trump's ignorance...but you know the drill.

She got 3 million more votes than he did. Makes me feel like we should change the electoral system, as the GOP just cannot seem to ever get a real majority of Americans to vote for them.

Lol. Access? Trump doesn't even get briefings--he has ADD and cannot concentrate - so they draw pictures for the special needs president or try to explain it to him when they can--apparently, he doesn't always get it.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:07 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not sure what that has to do with Trump's ignorance...but you know the drill.

She got 3 million more votes than he did. Makes me feel like we should change the electoral system, as the GOP just cannot seem to ever get a real majority of Americans to vote for them.

Lol. Access? Trump doesn't even get briefings--he has ADD and cannot concentrate - so they draw pictures for the special needs president or try to explain it to him when they can--apparently, he doesn't always get it.
Ahh, the "I lost and want to change the rules game".
The electoral college works, and works very well..
ADD, so you are a Doctor now.. Well Doc, what meds does he take for it, and when was it prescribed to him.
And he gets its. He sees the TDS many are going through due to HIllary losing the election. She failed, her campaign failed because they all thought it was her office to assume. NOT

Old 08-26-2018, 07:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Penicillin was his agent orange.
^Truth.

Trump is so incredibly dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies