Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sin is sin, that does not change with the times. Modernists will tell you it does, but it doesn't.
And I don't believe the act of homosexuality between two consenting adults is a sin.

The Bible was written by men trying to control people.

I'm very religious but I'm not buying what any organized religion has to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 02:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Yet another person that fails spectacularly to see the scope of the problem. The problem is that the organization knowingly hid pedo priests on purpose. I bet you haven't even read a single page from the grand jury report yet just feel the itch to comment on homosexuality when the biggest problem is the systemic cover up by the church. Homosexuality can not be blamed for an entire organization trying to cover up evil. There are literally first hand accounts and scanned copies of letters going back and forth between bishops who were aware of serial, violent pedophiles who did things like rape children while punching, kicking and strangling them or raping kids so violently they got injured, had to be put on pain meds and died later on from the subsequent addiction. The higher ups and bishops via the letters in the grand jury report shifted them to other dioceses across the state of PA and even across country and pedo priests were allowed to continue to perform parish services or engage in activities for youth. And guess what happened....the priests raped again. Literally dozens of accounts of priests known to be serial rapists as early as the 80s, where shifted to other diocese using codespeak, and were released onto the public yet again where they continued to rape kids into the 90s and 00. The Church also refused to comply with authorities when they asked for documents on pedo priests because they were afraid of liability, plus they knew 100% that everyone would find out that the Church already knew of pedo priests yet tried to cover it up. The only reason the Church handed over documents to comply with law investigations only happened until the Church was threatened with the prospect that their insurance coverage would be dropped and they would have 0 legal protection.

So, failure to comply with the law trying to investigate the most heinous crimes imaginable, KNOWINGLY shifting pedo priests around that allowed them to leave a trail of raped kids where ever they went.....yeah, homosexuality is the only problem here. How can a MORAL authority who supposedly preaches the word of god be aware of horrendous evil within its ranks and do nothing about it except try to keep it covered up, which allowed even more victims to succomb to violent, pervse pedos?
I posted reports from people who are making a deep investigation into the whole affair. If you don't want to read it, I can't help you.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And I don't believe the act of homosexuality between two consenting adults is a sin.

The Bible was written by men trying to control people.

I'm very religious but I'm not buying what any organized religion has to sell.
It wasn't between two consenting adults. One was a gay bishop or superior and the abused was an underling. You know, what happens in the #me too movement. This is the #Catholic me too. Comply or be drummed out or demoted.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s those “ tabs”, historical institutional records that demonstrated passing the buck- transfer the accused to another institution rather than investigating and pursuing criminal charges.
Bingo.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:53 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s nothing more than a spin.
Bingo-including the Pope's routine apology letter-meaningless as RCC blocks Statue of Limitation changes, sends Chicago records to Vatican City etc.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
. Throw young men with SSA attraction together in close quarters and see what happens.
Nothing illegal happens, if you avoid hiring deviants. But that appears to be the "RCC talent pool".

Old 08-21-2018, 04:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Allow priests to marry and have sex and you might have a different situation. I'm perplexed by the whole idea of religion, though.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean - I realize ya'll are probably just trolling but homosexuals are not attracted to 9 year old boys. PEDOPHILES ARE.

The RCC, stinking of corruption and concealment - just want someone else to blame.

At this point - leaving your kid alone with a member of the RCC clergy is just as bad as letting them spend the night with Michael Jackson.

I'd substitute NAMBLA for Michael Jackson, given the many thousands of RCC pervert priests exposed so far.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:10 PM

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...#disqus_thread

Episcopal Sodomy: Gay Seminarian Pipeline

"Church Militant has learned that a clandestine pipeline for homosexual seminarians was established in the 1990s and into the early 2000s where active gay men from Colombia, South America were being secretly funneled to U.S. seminaries.

Multiple seminarians have been in contact with us and want the entire story of the massive, massive crisis of homosexual predation by the clergy — especially in the seminaries — completely exposed."

Old 08-21-2018, 06:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
No, boys were the main target, not girls. It's a homosexual problem but the church won't admit it and the problem won't be taken care of until they do.

The seminaries were the breeding ground for the abuse. It was like joining the love boat for a young man to enter. Throw young men with SSA attraction together in close quarters and see what happens.
Just curious, do you as much as educate yourself on issues before posting about your opinions?

Quote:
"Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing. They hid it all," Attorney General Josh Shapiro said at a news conference in Harrisburg.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...eport-57161030
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies