Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,938,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
https://www.theroot.com/crazy-rude-a...for-1828379238

I can't seem to determine if this woman was being spitefully rude and disrespectful towards the guests or if she was intentionally trying to create a racial disturbance.
I watched the video. First off the black woman insulted the Asian woman first and continuously insulted the Asian woman until the Asian woman cursed the black woman back. Also the Asian woman was drunk as well as her friend. When it comes to alcohol, words can turn violent right way. The black girl was also drunk saying that the Asian woman cursed out 4 times, and than she said 14 times with the cursing. Another thing is this. The black gentleman got a bit agitated and with anger and rage. Such show is force is not a good look at any establishment unless one is paying a lot of money for a space. The black gentleman should have calmly approached staff, instead of making a bickering scene in which they got kicked out. It would have been far easy to approach staff, tell staff what is going on, and staff will quickly deal with the problem to have unruly patrons thrown out. I understand that the black woman and friends paid for a space to sit drink and eat, they should be granted as such, but the correct course of action that the black people took was too aggressive by making a scene. Instead the black folks should have been passive aggressive, talk to staff and management and have unruly patrons remove.

I feel sorry for that woman being fired. People need to stop getting people fired for things that they do off of work hours, from social media, using slurs, doing something obscene, or for anything. If you are going to get someone fired from their job, think about it first. Think if they have kids, or if they are taking care of an elderly person financially. Getting someone fired does not improve the situation of what is going on, but situations become worse when people loose a job, loose their livelihood. But also affects those around them like vulnerable such as children and the elderly who depend on the income of caregivers. This is the thing that SJW's, white nationalists, pro-blacks, alt-right and feminists never think about when they go on a course of action to get someone fired. Like White nationalists, like Pro-blacks, like SJW's, like Feminists and like the Alt-right, such groups act on emotions. The employer as well is equally emotional as the groups I have mentioned, and will not use logic to fire someone, but will fire someone based on their own emotion. Also don't use LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the fastest and easiest way to get Doxxed, which can get you kicked out of college, evicted from your apartment or fired from your job. All in all will cause a loss of livelihood.

With my round up. I don't think the Asian woman and her gay friend was being racists, but they were rude due to consumption of alcohol. The black patrons should have not been ejected out of the establishment, staff should have relocated the patrons, or give them a free bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. Being courteous to patrons can go a long way instead of kicking them out for unsavory reasons. Also since this video is deemed as proof of racism. Their is has been a growing divide between blacks and Asians due to accusation of blacks saying Asians are racists. A good example of this is nail salon incident in Brooklyn, another nail salon incident where an Asian manager punches a black woman in the face, while in Detroit, a black American politician calls out a racial slur to her Asian contender who wants her seat. Things are not looking good between Blacks and Asians in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 03:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,779,702 times
The Root is a steaming pile of prejudiced crapful of victims. Black Stormfront.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The Root is a steaming pile of prejudiced crapful of victims. Black Stormfront.
I agree. I hate the root, however the root can be entertaining. BUt I still hate the Root.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:47 PM

21,394 posts, read 10,444,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I watched the video. First off the black woman insulted the Asian woman first and continuously insulted the Asian woman until the Asian woman cursed the black woman back. Also the Asian woman was drunk as well as her friend. When it comes to alcohol, words can turn violent right way. The black girl was also drunk saying that the Asian woman cursed out 4 times, and than she said 14 times with the cursing. Another thing is this. The black gentleman got a bit agitated and with anger and rage. Such show is force is not a good look at any establishment unless one is paying a lot of money for a space. The black gentleman should have calmly approached staff, instead of making a bickering scene in which they got kicked out. It would have been far easy to approach staff, tell staff what is going on, and staff will quickly deal with the problem to have unruly patrons thrown out. I understand that the black woman and friends paid for a space to sit drink and eat, they should be granted as such, but the correct course of action that the black people took was too aggressive by making a scene. Instead the black folks should have been passive aggressive, talk to staff and management and have unruly patrons remove.

I feel sorry for that woman being fired. People need to stop getting people fired for things that they do off of work hours, from social media, using slurs, doing something obscene, or for anything. If you are going to get someone fired from their job, think about it first. Think if they have kids, or if they are taking care of an elderly person financially. Getting someone fired does not improve the situation of what is going on, but situations become worse when people loose a job, loose their livelihood. But also affects those around them like vulnerable such as children and the elderly who depend on the income of caregivers. This is the thing that SJW's, white nationalists, pro-blacks, alt-right and feminists never think about when they go on a course of action to get someone fired. Like White nationalists, like Pro-blacks, like SJW's, like Feminists and like the Alt-right, such groups act on emotions. The employer as well is equally emotional as the groups I have mentioned, and will not use logic to fire someone, but will fire someone based on their own emotion. Also don't use LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the fastest and easiest way to get Doxxed, which can get you kicked out of college, evicted from your apartment or fired from your job. All in all will cause a loss of livelihood.

With my round up. I don't think the Asian woman and her gay friend was being racists, but they were rude due to consumption of alcohol. The black patrons should have not been ejected out of the establishment, staff should have relocated the patrons, or give them a free bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. Being courteous to patrons can go a long way instead of kicking them out for unsavory reasons. Also since this video is deemed as proof of racism. Their is has been a growing divide between blacks and Asians due to accusation of blacks saying Asians are racists. A good example of this is nail salon incident in Brooklyn, another nail salon incident where an Asian manager punches a black woman in the face, while in Detroit, a black American politician calls out a racial slur to her Asian contender who wants her seat. Things are not looking good between Blacks and Asians in America.
I agree with everything you said here except that the black patrons were kicked out. They were not, and the woman acknowledged that in her article (along with the fact that there was some question of what was actually reserved). That changes only EVERYTHING about this story.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree with everything you said here except that the black patrons were kicked out. They were not, and the woman acknowledged that in her article (along with the fact that there was some question of what was actually reserved). That changes only EVERYTHING about this story.
Thank you. It seems the black patrons left on their own accord. This incident spread very rapidly on Black Twitter and Black Facebook. Lots of Doxxing goes on in Black Twitter when incidents such as the one shown at this lounge is a very common occurrence. I remember here in NYC I walked past a night club, a black woman was recording a bouncer who did not let her in the club and claiming that the club is racist. Black woman and her friend pulled out an iPhone and started recording. It is very sickening on what is going on these days.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you. It seems the black patrons left on their own accord. This incident spread very rapidly on Black Twitter and Black Facebook. Lots of Doxxing goes on in Black Twitter when incidents such as the one shown at this lounge is a very common occurrence. I remember here in NYC I walked past a night club, a black woman was recording a bouncer who did not let her in the club and claiming that the club is racist. Black woman and her friend pulled out an iPhone and started recording. It is very sickening on what is going on these days.
It is scary. One day that camera could be turned on you. You could be out and about doing normal things, and someone picks a fight with you and turns it into something else entirely and your whole world comes crashing down. This society cannot survive as long as we let these things continue. I want employers to get a backbone and stand up for their employees except for the situations where there is clear racism. I know those exist, but even then we only get one half of the story. I saw clear racism on The Root, but I would never doxx those people and demand they be fired from their jobs. People have to survive.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
No they didn’t. They could have said it was a misunderstanding and not what was portrayed. They could have stood by their employee. Just one time I’d love to see someone take a stand for their employee instead of siding with the people demanding the firing. The New York Times is the only one to do so lately, and while I disagree with them for it since is was actual, overt racism they were defending, at least they had the guts to do it. No one is going to stop buying Porches over this if they want one and can afford it.
Right now as a society. We are in an Culture War. In an Culture war we have to worry about outrage culture and mob justice. Such instances are tactics to be used to bring down an entire organization. If this incident happened 5-6 years ago, such situations would have not been used to terminate an employee. But since we are in an culture war, those that be will demand that one should be fired from their job for what they do or say away from work. This is why unions are needed in today's America so workers can be guaranteed protection off of work duty. But also employees must uphold a moral code when away from.

As for the NYT? Hiring a racist employee is nothing new. Racists get hired jobs all the time. I know it hurts to hire a racist regardless of what political spectrum, but racists do get hired for what they do and say away from work, or was even fired for doing something racists. People got to eat and live. Do we want to live in an world where racists are not allowed to have jobs and plague the homeless system in this country. SJW's wont mind such society as that.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/19/169...p-return-tweet

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...gary/72641550/

There are people out there that believe racists should not be employed ever again.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Right now as a society. We are in an Culture War. In an Culture war we have to worry about outrage culture and mob justice. Such instances are tactics to be used to bring down an entire organization. If this incident happened 5-6 years ago, such situations would have not been used to terminate an employee. But since we are in an culture war, those that be will demand that one should be fired from their job for what they do or say away from work. This is why unions are needed in today's America so workers can be guaranteed protection off of work duty. But also employees must uphold a moral code when away from.

As for the NYT? Hiring a racist employee is nothing new. Racists get hired jobs all the time. I know it hurts to hire a racist regardless of what political spectrum, but racists do get hired for what they do and say away from work, or was even fired for doing something racists. People got to eat and live. Do we want to live in an world where racists are not allowed to have jobs and plague the homeless system in this country. SJW's wont mind such society as that.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/19/169...p-return-tweet

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...gary/72641550/

There are people out there that believe racists should not be employed ever again.
I’m not one of those people. I would never, ever want to get anyone fired over anything. Just the other day I was at a restaurant and waited nearly two hours to get our food. Our waiter was very nice, but I don’t know if it was his fault or the kitchen staff or what. I still gave him a tip and didn’t complain to his manager. I’m not going to assume it was all his fault and punish him for what very well could have been a back of the restaurant problem.

And unions are nice, but they don’t help people in small companies whose employers are worried about bad reviews. So the problem will continue until we as a society say enough is enough and ignore these people. They’ve gone overboard.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I’m not one of those people. I would never, ever want to get anyone fired over anything. Just the other day I was at a restaurant and waited nearly two hours to get our food. Our waiter was very nice, but I don’t know if it was his fault or the kitchen staff or what. I still gave him a tip and didn’t complain to his manager. I’m not going to assume it was all his fault and punish him for what very well could have been a back of the restaurant problem.

And unions are nice, but they don’t help people in small companies whose employers are worried about bad reviews. So the problem will continue until we as a society say enough is enough and ignore these people. They’ve gone overboard.
I feel sorry for the women who got fired. She is not being fired from a job. She is probably being fired from a career. Getting fired from a job over outside misconduct or obscene pc social media is one thing. But being fired while having career is another thing common. Sonya pate is going to have a hard time to recover from this incident. I wonder if the black woman is happy that the Asian lady got fired. Also on black Twitter. They are also trying to find the identity of the white friend and to have her fired too. They also want the Hispanic manager to be fired as well I'm like the wtf.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:03 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,355,571 times
This story captures all that is wrong with American society at this time: we've fostered a CRY BABY culture of victimhood.

I am not defending the Asian American lady's actions at all...she should have gotten up when asked. But we are talking about a damn sofa at a lounge.

That said, as Bill Maher summarized perfectly in the clip below, we have a culture of victimization on both the far left and right. First half is aimed at the right, second half is aimed at the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhSVN5mgNY&t=1s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies