Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times

Advertisements

Just out of sheer curiosity how do you deal with net neutrality? If youtube tagged the content and the tier 1 isp slowed it to a trickle would that be ok? The argument for net neutrality was that the internet as a whole wasnt the "public square" so how can something inside of it be? I think you guys should have at least giving it 6 months before you start arguing against the same arguments you were just making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 08:10 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Just out of sheer curiosity how do you deal with net neutrality? If youtube tagged the content and the tier 1 isp slowed it to a trickle would that be ok? The argument for net neutrality was that the internet as a whole wasnt the "public square" so how can something inside of it be? I think you guys should have at least giving it 6 months before you start arguing against the same arguments you were just making.
Although the concepts are somewhat related, net neutrality only prevents ISPs from blocking or throttling content. It would not have any effect on internet content providers, like Facebook or YouTube.

That said, you could only imagine the hypocritical squeals that would come from those who were fully supportive of revoking net neutrality restrictions if InfoWars was blocked by the monopoly or duopoly ISPs so that they could not even access it from Alex Jones's own site.

"I never thought the leopards would eat my face," sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Should Fox News be forced to air a pro-abortion series?

Forcing YouTube to aid in the terrorizing of the Sandy Hook parents is disgusting on a level I didn't think even Trump supporters were capable of.

Apparently no low is too low for Trump supporters.
Plenty of Youtube videos that suggest the US Govt was responsible for 9-11, so its not really a Youtube issue.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
So Republicans are too dumb to create their own technology platforms so they try to attack those that are successful. They think education is "elitist" so they cry and say youtube should be forced to host a guy that so terrorizes the parents of shooting victims that they have to MOVE SEVEN TIMES because of his crazy followers. Absolutely disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I take it you didn't check the source link....

It wasn't Youtube....
It flew right over everyone.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
More craziness from the wing nuts. Who listens to this nut job anyway?

Old 08-21-2018, 08:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Although the concepts are somewhat related, net neutrality only prevents ISPs from blocking or throttling content. It would not have any effect on internet content providers, like Facebook or YouTube.

"I never thought the leopards would eat my face," sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.
If there was no hypocrisy in these United States I don't think we'd have a country left. It's all about "do as I say, not as I do"....

Conservatives were late catching onto the interweb and I think many have not yet understood the significance. Rather, they just use and abuse it like everything else not realizing that "they didn't build that"....they think because others worked so hard to bring them amazing technology, they should have the full ability to use it all for FREE.

Not only that, but they feel they should get PAID....and complain when they are not (many platform may allow them on, but not to monetize)....

Wow, I mean - talk about the old silver spoon! I WILL use your property and YOU WILL PAY ME to do so. It's my rights under the Confiscation...you know that thing they wrote bck in 1492.

Tell ya what. Walk into Goldman Sacks, sit at a desk and start trading stocks. Then tell them to pay you....and, oh, you want bonuses also. It's right there on Wall Street...give it a try!

Old 08-21-2018, 08:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Should Fox News be forced to air a pro-abortion series?

Forcing YouTube to aid in the terrorizing of the Sandy Hook parents is disgusting on a level I didn't think even Trump supporters were capable of.

Apparently no low is too low for Trump supporters.

I love it when low information Americans, conflate Content Providers and Content Publishers. You are a born & raised American, aren't you?
You understand the level of intellect you are dealing with.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
What the hell? I'm not saying there couldn't have been one or two left leaning loonies doing this, but it being a trend from "the left"? Absolutely not! The only widespread protests at fallen military member funerals was from right wing nuts- that church group from Kansas (Westboro Baptist Church) who protested because their hatred for gay people made them angry at the military, for defending a country that does not discriminate against them.
I used to live back there, many people I worked with were bikers who would go out in groups called the patriot guard to block these nuts from protesting anywhere near those funerals- they would travel around the country to do this following that church group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
Don't even try to make a point with this crowd. You are trying to argue with people who use fake news to justify their stance that what fake news 'calls' fake news, is actually fake news.

It's like an intellectual vortex from hell.

This is the basis of their argument

Old 08-21-2018, 08:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
The first step is to admit to bias use of power by media giants
That has already been established
Like the anti monopoly movement of teddy rossevelt big biz can and does abuse power

Old 08-21-2018, 08:35 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I love it when low information Americans, conflate Content Providers and Content Publishers. You are a born & raised American, aren't you?
You understand the level of intellect you are dealing with.
The poster who doesn't grasp the difference between a public entity and a publicly traded company is complaining about low-information Americans? That's rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies