Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:40 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Nothing says “I am so ugly I have to apply art to myself to look interesting” than a tattoo.
Close, but it’s more like “I’m so insecure and uncomfortable in my own skin that I have to cover it with ink.”

And, “I’m also so bored I’m going to waste hours doing it and hundreds of dollars.”

I’ve seen smart and successful people covered in tats, but they are the exception not the rule. And one day they will regret all that stupid ink when they hit middle age

Old 08-21-2018, 11:41 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
I have no tattoos myself.

I have seen some beautiful tattoos.

I have seen some ugly (to me, anyway), tattoos.

But since nobody's forcing me to get one, I can't say I care, unless said tattoo is *completely* tasteless (for example, Nazi symbols).

There are tattoos that in certain settings, probably should be covered up--a man I knew had a tattoo of a full-frontal naked woman on his forearm, yet seemed puzzled that he couldn't get a job in a rather conservative environment.

While I doubt I'll ever get one myself, I admit a certain envy of people who are so confident about something that they'll make it a permanent part of themselves.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:42 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't care for tats either.

Therefore I don't get them.

Problem solved.

I don't like them either and it's hard to avoid seeing them these days. I think they are especially ugly on women. Why would you mutilate your body that way? One small tattoo isn't bad but nowadays people are tattoing nearly their entire bodies. Of course, this is just yours and my opinion but as usual the liberal left have to go on the attack in here because they can't stand a difference of opinion.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:43 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Tats can exclude you from many decent jobs. For instance, some nursing schools do not allow visible tats. Sales reps and other business professionals will probably not hire you with visible tats. Its not discrimination as long as they apply the same rules to everyone.

Then there is the whole ageing thing. Your skin ages, sags, wrinkles and so on. Ink bleeds. By the time you have had a tats for 30 years, its just a blob of blue/black looking ink.

But you are right. Its your body but I would be willing to bet the majority of young kids getting tats today will regret it at some point in their life.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:44 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
tattoos are for uninteresting people to give them something to talk about since they are uninteresting. congrats to those that like it and hurt their bodies getting such, though.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:45 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Close, but it’s more like “I’m so insecure and uncomfortable in my own skin that I have to cover it with ink.”

And, “I’m also so bored I’m going to waste hours doing it and hundreds of dollars.”

I’ve seen smart and successful people covered in tats, but they are the exception not the rule. And one day they will regret all that stupid ink when they hit middle age
What are we using to define middle age?

I got my full sleeve at the age of 34 and given the design I put into it, I won't ever regret it from an imagery POV.

Maybe when I am old and wrinkly....but old and wrinkly sorta supersedes ink when it comes to aesthetics.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Long ago I saw a nice looking female with beautiful skin. She turned, and to my disappointment, one arm was entirely covered. To hide such a beautiful arm is a shame. Since then it seems as if everyone has them. I find tats a huge turn off.

How ironic. I was in the grocery store this morning and spotted a female with her entire left arm covered with one of the ugliest tattoos I have ever seen. She had her back to me but when she turned around I found her to be quite beautiful in the face. What a shame to mutilate yourself that way. I also find tattoos a huge turn off. It's such a fad these days that it's hard to avoid seeing them everywhere you go.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:06 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
One would have to be blind not to notice the ever-expandingtsunami of disgusting ugly tattoos appearing on the bodies of America’s bottomfeeders. Not just small, discrete tats like WWII vets might have gotten, butfull arm “sleeves”, sometimes crawling up the neck, throat et., lending adisgustingly eerie, trailer-trashy, gang bangery mantle of sickness.
This creepy skin-graffiti is not limited to men males, butis also found on women non-males, which contributes an whole other facet to thegross-factor of these body abominations.
Further compounding the disgust-factor, instead of keeping theirindiscretion, their newfound, self-inflicted ugliness, under cover, they seemto be bound and determined to put as much of it (and their poor-to-non-existentjudgement) on as full of display as possible, as if the normal people reallywant to see their grossness, their ugliness in all its putrid vileness.
For the life of me, I can’t understand why (or how) somebody wouldwant to defile themselves, to render themselves as a permanent laughing-stock.Do they think they are improving their appearance, increasing their “presence”,masculinity or femininity getting this graffiti applied to their skin?
]In the past, if an American wanted to stand-out, to get noticed, to set themselves apart from the crowd, they would wear nice clothing, clean and pressed, work to better themselves by being the best tradesman, craftsman, professional or entertainer they could be.
Nowadays, these cheap, shallow, empty people seek to do so by making a mockery of themselves via tattoo-ink, making themselves look more-akin to an MS-13 member than an American of some note or accomplishment.
I implore you, if you are so buggered up, to consider your fellow citizens and keep your ugliness under cover. The rest of are not interested in your idea of "class" or having that ugliness inflicted upon us. Please have consideration for those of us not particularly interested in your ugliness.
I don't understand it either and some of them are so ugly and tasteless.

But it is their body and many of them look just stupid.

Meanwhile I have seen many very special tattoos and even though I don't want one on my body, i can appreciate a very well done artistic one and understand how a tattoo can cover up nasty looking scar.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Thank goodness we live in a free country where people can get ugly tattoos if they want. I don't care for them, but so what.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Don't like someone's tattoo don't look at it. I personally do not CARE if people find my tattoos offensive or distasteful. My body I will do with it what I like.
We can't avoid seeing the tattoos that cover arms, legs, hands, and necks that some people do to themselves. You are correct that you are free to do as you will with your body, but those of us who have to see you in public are similarly free to be grossed out by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies