Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 10:26 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Marco Rubio Republican senator from Florida wants to use future Social Security benefits to pay for paid family leave.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gop...aid-1534805592

With all of the trillions of dollars in profits that companies make, can't we get a break ever?
If you work for a living as an employee and still vote Republican, I really must question your intelligence.
Why is that a "scheme"? You want to withdraw from SS early and take leave while others work, you make it up later. Fair for all involved. Would be wrong to have other workers pay for this-which is what happens when the company has to fund it. Compensation that should go equally to everyone would end up going just to those that breed the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 07:21 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If the Congress would repay the money they "borrowed" from the Social Security Trust Fund, perhaps it would be solvent again.
Tell me, which party "borrowed" that money?

Breaking Social Security was never on the agenda of the Democratic party. It is well documented that Rubio said Social Security is next. There was also something said by Ryan.The Republicans are on board with the billionaire agenda to bring everything back to the way it was when Calvin Coolidge.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why is that a "scheme"? You want to withdraw from SS early and take leave while others work, you make it up later. Fair for all involved. Would be wrong to have other workers pay for this-which is what happens when the company has to fund it. Compensation that should go equally to everyone would end up going just to those that breed the most.

Are you really willing to let the Republicans use the term Social Security in any bill anywhere?

Old 08-22-2018, 07:32 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Are you really willing to let the Republicans use the term Social Security in any bill anywhere?
Lol, so much blind hatred for a party that you want to control the language they use in a bill? Pretty pathetic, you are just one more political extremist (they are on both sides) working to drive the divide as huge as possible. Shameful.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWorth View Post
The poor Republicans always vote against their own interests and future
One more fool who thinks that the government knows whats best for everyone.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Lol, so much blind hatred for a party that you want to control the language they use in a bill? Pretty pathetic, you are just one more political extremist (they are on both sides) working to drive the divide as huge as possible. Shameful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
One more fool who thinks that the government knows whats best for everyone.

Although the Democrats seem to be pretty good at lying down and playing dead, I don't see them actively trying to make living conditions like they were before FDR. Even of the Democrats are in a state of confusion, I vote to preserve Roosevelt's legacy not destroy it.

Maybe we are not the fools.
If you work for someone else and vote Republican, you vote to make things harder on yourselves. If you are young, maybe you will learn, if you're old like me, I feel sorry for you.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Marco Rubio Republican senator from Florida wants to use future Social Security benefits to pay for paid family leave.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gop...aid-1534805592

With all of the trillions of dollars in profits that companies make, can't we get a break ever?
If you work for a living as an employee and still vote Republican, I really must question your intelligence.

This proposal is a raid by EMPLOYEES, on their own benefits, regardless of how few "quarters" they've worked, or whether they even return to the workforce.

But you can stop questioning, and look to your own party, which is already on record as having raided SS--and done nothing (unlike Republican Ronald Reagan) to address future "insolvency" issues.

In case you missed it during the last campaign, Republicans already denounced Rubio; this plan is going nowhere. But don't think your Democrat buddies' antennae aren't going up. They're probably already working on a way to let workers tap into their future benefits (thus endangering ours) for everything from college tuition to home purchases.

Democrats are the ones who will take this lunatic idea and run with it.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Although the Democrats seem to be pretty good at lying down and playing dead, I don't see them actively trying to make living conditions like they were before FDR. Even of the Democrats are in a state of confusion, I vote to preserve Roosevelt's legacy not destroy it.

Maybe we are not the fools.
If you work for someone else and vote Republican, you vote to make things harder on yourselves. If you are young, maybe you will learn, if you're old like me, I feel sorry for you.
More political ranting from someone just trying to score political points. Address why you are proposing that Republicans can't even use the words Social Security in a bill. You are a tyrant no better than Trump if you truly believe that.

Considering you are unaware of how I voted, and unaware of my particular situation I don't need to "learn" something nor do I need you feeling sorry for me.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:53 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If the Congress would repay the money they "borrowed" from the Social Security Trust Fund, perhaps it would be solvent again.
Tell me, which party "borrowed" that money?
What we need is social security Lockbox.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:56 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
You mean a politician managed to "find" some money again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies