Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
MSNBC.com - leftist fake news BS website that they are, has no mention of Mollie Tibbitts on their front page. Maybe it's not the top story of the day, but it belongs on the page somewhere. You people are pathetic.

MSNBC - More Of The Same - Nothing But Crap

It was all over Mess-NBC's site while the search was on.

I think we know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Bull$hit, her murder was preventable had our immigration laws been enforced. It's ridiculous that people like you would suggest that because Americans commit crimes too that we shouldn't do what we can to prevent the crimes committed by illegal aliens.
You don’t know that, though.

As the more religious members of my family have been saying as long as I can remember...

“Maybe it was just her time to go.”

Old 08-22-2018, 08:08 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Never heard of a cash job ? or working off the books ? Plenty of employers like those employees because they pay no SS tax or benefits. Also many use SS#s from relatives and do they buy things ? If they do they pay tax. If they own property or cars they pay tax.

The law they broke coming here was lightly (or not at all) enforced from the 1980s through mid 2000s. In fact many whole classes were given Temporary Protected Status which was only recently expired. Immigration is such a divisive issue that Congress has sat on their respective duffs for decades rather that fix the border AND status issues. It makes no sense for anyone in the USA to kick out people who have been working and/or law abiding for years - especially given this is a country of immigrants. In other news illegals commit crimes just like legals...

So, since some have managed to evade the law for years they should get a pass on our immigration laws? How are they working if not by using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes? Those are felonies! You don't know the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien? We are not a nation of illegal aliens! Americans need the jobs back that were stolen from them. How are they to do that if illegal aliens are allowed to remain here?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:08 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default if an innocent young girl is killed by an illegal alien in Iowa and msnbc doesn't report it, was she really killed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Theres plenty of stories of americans killing americans, you dont care about those? How about the guy that killed his own family. You dont start a thread unless its about an immigrant? Do these dead people not matter in your mind?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/u...rado-wife.html
MT was a story that had America on the edge of their seats with fingers crossed and prayers said daily for her safe return. For more than a month the anguish continued. Her young innocent smiling face on poster offering a reward in excess of 300K.

If that human interest story is not newsworthy at its sad conclusion, as our collective stomachs turned at the news, then nothing is worthy of news. Oh, almost forgot, she was killed by an illegal alien! that is untouchable news for msnbc.

The liberal media also avoids the human element in weekly Chicago shootings to protect the minority community's reputation....at the expense of the minority community.

clearly the media considers itself the ship's captain and navigates the juggernaut of liberal political narratives to ensure favorable winds and waters.

if an innocent young girl is killed by an illegal alien in Iowa and msnbc doesn't report it, was she really killed?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:10 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe you missed the little detail that American families "torn apart" by divorce aren't forcibly separated by the federal government.

No I didn't. My point was that children are very resilient and that being separated at the border is no big deal and they will recover from it. It's not a big deal for them unless the adults around them tell them that it's a big deal.

What's hugely more traumatic was the whole trip up from Central America with their parents.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:12 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
What a terrible tragedy. May the young girl rest peacefully and her family somehow find peace.

If Iowa has the death penalty (I don't care enough to look it up), I hope he gets it. This man is a monster. Also, as an illegal immigrant, he should have never been here in the first place.

It's sad that the GOP will use the memory of this dead young woman for their political gain between now and November, but I'm sure they'll feel justified. Immigration is the #1 issue for many Trump voters, so a tragedy like this that can be tied directly to illegal immigration is a big deal, so I'm sure the GOP will plaster Tibbetts' face and story all over their campaign ads.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default I get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No I didn't. My point was that children are very resilient and that being separated at the border is no big deal and they will recover from it. It's not a big deal for them unless the adults around them tell them that it's a big deal.

What's hugely more traumatic was the whole trip up from Central America with their parents.

You favor tRump's policy of family separations.

Millions of Americans don't.

We agree to disagree.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:17 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...llie-tibbetts/

How’s those illegals working out?

Apparently the victims Twitter was pro illegal anti trump
Two can play this game:

Kansas man sentenced to life in prison for killing Indian immigrant

Deaths by Border Patrol Since 2010

How is the war on hate crimes working out?
I missed one:
Illegal immigrant acquitted of murder in San Francisco, Trump slams verdict

Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What a terrible tragedy. May the young girl rest peacefully and her family somehow find peace.

If Iowa has the death penalty (I don't care enough to look it up), I hope he gets it. This man is a monster. Also, as an illegal immigrant, he should have never been here in the first place.

It's sad that the GOP will use the memory of this dead young woman for their political gain between now and November, but I'm sure they'll feel justified. Immigration is the #1 issue for many Trump voters, so a tragedy like this that can be tied directly to illegal immigration is a big deal, so I'm sure the GOP will plaster Tibbetts' face and story all over their campaign ads.

The public needs to be repeatedly reminded that it was a GOP farm that hired the murderer.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/suspec...wa-gop-family/

Old 08-22-2018, 08:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
I want to know who employed the murderer.

Why is the identity and circumstances of his employment not being disclosed?

Why have only a handful of states made e-Verify of all employees a state law?

Why is this not state law in Florida and Texas. Probably the same reason it’s not a state law in California. Too many benefit from cheap labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies